“food is decent; probably one of the cheapest places in P.B.”

TooJay's Gourmet Deli
Ranked #29 of 87 Restaurants in Palm Beach
Cuisines: Deli
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed November 8, 2012

I was at Toojay's in P.B. for breakfast last month (10/2012). As you probably know, Toojay's is a smallish Florida chain. Menu kind of reminds me of a Denny's/IHOP, but with more sandwiches. Food seemed fresh and good. Restaurant is a decent size, with a good number of tables and booths. Ambiance is pretty much on par with a Denny's. It's not high cuisine, but it's affordable cuisine.

1  Thank DoraemonArlingtonVA

Reviewed October 21, 2012

If you are in the mood for comfort food, here you go! I was excited about trying the place - excited for the great tastes expected but not quite delivered. I've had better. The management, our waitress and the staff were far from up to par. Most of the time they talked between themselves and had work conversations in front of us. Some were upset with the others. Those should be things that customers do not get to hear or see. I would rate Two-jays...just ok.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

Have been to several Toojay's in South Florida over the years and found them consistently good. This was my second visit to the Palm Beach locale and it was disappointing. Hubbie had the corned beef sandwich and the meat was very fatty. My tuna melt was okay but I've had much better. Both our orders of fries were stale and cold. The cole slaw was very good--fresh and moist without floating in mayo. Service was okay if you don't mind stirring your coffee with a knife.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

Well, it ain't New York. But they do have good pastrami. And it's fine. But I grew up in New York City and this just isn't a great New York deli. And it's fine.

Reviewed September 13, 2012

Stopped in and had lunch

Food was prepared quickly amd tasted good as is to be expected from the Toojay's chain. Server was a bit slow but his laid back spirit seemed to be calming any customer frustration that stemmed from his speed.

Would I return? Yes