“We booked next year's vacation while we were still there! It's a piece of paradise!”
Review of Colony Hotel

Colony Hotel
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Palm Beach
Reviewed July 22, 2010

I stayed at the Colony "villas" ~ It was so beautiful and relaxing. I visited with about 8 other UF alumni / Sorority sisters ~ we all had such a wonderful time. The accommodations were spacious and clean. The staff was extremely gracious ~ they went out of their way to give 5 star service!! The food was "to die for" and the pools (2 - one for the hotel and a private one for the villas) were divine.

We booked our vacation thru Ruth Young and she arranged a so many wonderful events for us to attend. We went to the hotel's VIP party, the next night we went to the hotel bar and danced to a fabulous band (it was packed!), the following day we went to Neiman Marcus for make-overs, another day she booked spa treatments....and the list goes on and on! I cant say enough great things!

Lisa Lafley, Sarasota

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Colony Hotel

Reviewed March 15, 2010

Upon arriving at The Colony Hotel the bellman and staff were beyond friendly and helpful. The lobby of the hotel was lovely and charming!

My girlfriends and I stayed in the Jasmine villa and had our own pool next door. The villa was spacious and beautiful with all the amenities. I especially love the Molton Brown shampoo and L'Occataine soaps. The bed was huge...we all commented "it was like sleeping on a cloud".

The beach is a few walking blocks away, and Worth Avenue is around the corner. We dined at the Polo lounge and had such a fantastic time dancing the night away to Motown on friday night... (I hear they have a Motown band playing every friday night).

We also enjoyed brunch on Sunday (I recommend the eggs benedict) back at the Polo with a little dip in the pool. My girlfriends and I thoroughly enjoyed our relaxing weekend together and can't wait to do it again soon!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 26, 2010

How does The Colony get away with advertising a $12million renovation, FALSE ADVERTISING! This place is a disgusting dump!!! The lobby, hallways and rooms are all dated and dingy. Dirty thread bare sheets and towels, one ply toliet tissue, broken cable tv and big white refrigerators in the living rooms.....very low end. The front desk staff and manager need to learn to smile and take customer service training. A horrible experience!!!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank china8888
Reviewed February 24, 2010

Grungy hallways, indifferent service, rooms overlook parking lot, not worth it for the price. They can call it a "luxury boutique hotel" the same way i can call myself "Eli Manning." Shape up Colony !

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
4  Thank rover28
Reviewed November 14, 2009

As europeans (The Netherlands) we like to travel through Florida during our stay. We stayed fr 2 nights in this hotel. We loved it. Nice room and we almost had the pool for ourselfs. We only located one other gast in the hotel, which e found very strange. However, we enjoyed our stay. The staff was friendly, the pool was nice and it is app. 500 meters to the beach. The only remark is that the breakfast is rather poor. There was no buffet but a menu. I ask for croissant and toast with butter and some marmelade. I received just 1 croissant and 1 toast with a minimum on butter and marmelade. They charge however a full breakfast. Again, we enjoyed our two day stay.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed October 6, 2009

One word- fantastic! My stay at The Colony Hotel was the highlight of my summer vacation. I have traveled all over the world but always look forward to staying at this boutique hotel. From the moment I entered the front door, I was greeted by warm smiles and every Colony employee showed me kindness and made me feel at home. After checking into my British ColoniaI styled room I did not have to travel far to find a superb martini and one of the most amazing dry aged steaks. Yet again, the waiters and bartenders were wonderful. The next day I headed to the pool where I was surrounded by a beautiful courtyard with amazing landscape and it is a place where I found serenity. Most importantly I was just steps away from Worth Avenue with all of it's lust and excitement. I feel as if The Colony is my little secret that I am sharing with you, enjoy!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KJK583
Reviewed October 6, 2009

My husband and I went for the weekend on a whim. We had a wonderful time dancing the night away to Motown music and working off the fabulous dinner we enjoyed out by the pool. The hotel is charming and boutique - but that promises you a quiet weekend of pure relaxation. Though its only 90 minutes away from home for us, we felt like we were on another planet. Even the lizards are different. The cleanliness was superb, and it always gives me a good feeling when I see maid service wiping down remote controls and door knobs. The beds were delicious and gave us the best sleep. Only complaint was that we had to leave. I could have used another few days.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Hilton West Palm Beach
Hilton West Palm Beach
#3 of 34 in West Palm Beach
Hyatt Place West Palm Beach Downtown
Hyatt Place West Palm Beach Down...
#8 of 34 in West Palm Beach
The Breakers
The Breakers
#2 of 10 in Palm Beach
Four Seasons Resort, Palm Beach

Been to Colony Hotel? Share your experiences!