“Amazing Experience!”

Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Palm Bay
Melbourne, Florida
“Amazing Experience!”
Reviewed December 28, 2010

The front desk staff was very helpful and very nice! overall it was a very pleasant experience and would recommend anybody to stay their as well!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Venice, Florida
Reviewed November 21, 2010

I was quoted $60 per night when I reserved room. After arriving at 9:30pm, the young man working the desk asks me "They did tell you it would be $20 extra per night for the dog right?" I said, No sir they didn't and I will go out to the car and make a reservation somewhere else if that is the case." He said, "Well, I can't talk to my manager ". I said OK then and went out to the car. My husband tired from the drive goes in to try to convince the desk clerk to honor what was said when the reservation was made. The young man stated he had talked to the manager and could reduce to $10 per nite pet fee so my husband agreed. The bed felt like a hard box and the pillows were awful. The 1st morning we went to Wal-Mart and bough pillows. It was difficult to sleep because the music was blaring from the bar either in the motel or next door. When we returned to the room the next evening, the housekeepeers didn't even clean the floor or make the bed. I refused to tip them after that.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank venicesunshine

Travelers are raving about these Palm Bay hotels

Philadelphia
Reviewed July 29, 2010

For the price you can't beat it because it was very clean and I don't know about other reviews but the water pressure was great and the rugs were clean. The catered food was good and definitely a plus. It was definitely appreciated. The gym was clean and the pool was clean. The housekeeping was on target and the staff was very sweet. Best of all, the pool really had no closing time. As long as we were quiet, we had the option to swim all night. During the day the pool was always empty. The beach is 5 minutes away, so that may play a part in it. That was the best! I would visit again. I would recommend single moms to use their best judgment when staying in the pool late. The lobby closes and then you're on your own. Overall, we had a pleasant time.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Haverhill, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 29, 2010

My Husband and I stayed at Tropical Inn Resort for 8 Weeks. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. The food was Great! The room was clean and very nicely decorated. The pool was refreshing! This is our second year here and I would recommend it to familes or couples. The beach is close by and plenty of stores for shopping. Try it, we are sure you will love it!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Montreal
Reviewed March 30, 2010

Our room was specious, clean, complete new bathroom, tiles etc. Fridge and micro wave, hair dryer in room. Fresh towels were supplied every day, linen changed twice a week or more if necessary. The grounds were clean, the pool was spotless and the water clear as crystal, Nice patio furniture. My husband used the exercise room every day-very clean.The meals were delicious, prepared by a caterer something different every night and always a nice salad and a dessert. Coffee, tee, hot chocolate in the lobby at all times. A small bar off the lobby where you could enjoy a quiet drink wit your friends. Continental breakfast. The beds were comfortable. Very central, close to beaches, great shopping close bye and good restaurants and hospitals close bye. One hour and half to Orlando and about the same to Daytona. We had friends in Daytona who will book next year --so will we.
It was a pleasant relaxed atmosphere-plus every second Saturday live band and dancing and two nights a week there were card games (participation free)
The staff were friendly and courteous

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Greenville, Illinois
Reviewed March 4, 2010

Stayed for a week, unbeatable price of $294.00 with tax. Beautiful view of the Indian River. I'm not sure where the last persons review even came from. I never heard a train while staying here... TV gets 16 channels, also had a nice HOT shower. They have a caterer come in every night & make dinner. You get two dinner tickets per room, nice idea. Unlimited coffee in the lobby, muffins for breakfast. The rooms don't have any odor to speak of. No holes in the walls. Had a nice clean microwave & fridge. Carpets do need to be replaced they are worn. Maids could clean up a little better . Beds are comfortable. It's not the Hilton, but who can complain about the small insignificant details for the price.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
NY
Reviewed February 15, 2010

My boy has asthma and walking in the rooms almost put him into an attack. The rooms smell terrible. The floors are stained, the water in the shower does not get hot enough for a shower, there are holes in the wall behind the dressers that are stuffed with tissue paper, the tv's only get 10 channels and one is a cartoon channel which has no sound. There are not enough outlits to charge everything. I asked for a refridgerator which I did get but was very dirty. The trains going by are loud and you can hear your next door neighbors tv loud and clear very early in the morning. AND the beds? Well you might as well bring your own board cause it might be softer then the beds. The only good thing was they provided a dinner at night.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
Port d'Hiver
Port d'Hiver
#1 of 13 in Melbourne Beach
Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront

Been to Tropical Inn Palm Bay? Share your experiences!