“This is a rehab and a hotel”

Tropical Inn Palm Bay
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Palm Bay
“This is a rehab and a hotel”
Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

Booked 3 rooms for a week. when we got there you have to sign the normal no smoking in the room paper, that's fine. You also have to sing a paper that stated no achohol on the premises or in your room. We tried to cancel the rooms to move to a real resort and you have to cancel 24 hrs in advance..This hotel is also a rehab facality and hosted nightly
meetings as well as having lots of rooms booked with creepy rehab people.. They need to advertise no achohol and that it doubles as a rehab..on another note I was woken by a guy standing in my room I yelled he ran off. This place is clean but creepy as it gets. Stay at a real resort were you can drink at the pool of at least in your room...WOW

• Stayed August 2013
9 Thank Mrpollockfising

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Florida, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 18, 2013

stayed for week and they lost my drivers licence in less than 1 minute after making copy.went back for it a few days later and they said they sent it to me. been two weeks and nothing.i can't get a room without it. so i am on the streets.cant cash a check ,can't return items to walmart.drunks hanging out begging for beer.prostitutes in and out.will call police to remove you if your honest.hard working or they dont want you..a bunch of losers.real nice to you and wait to screw you out of a dime.

Room Tip: don't stop
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
8 Thank richard s

Travelers are raving about these Palm Bay hotels

Davie, Florida
Reviewed June 2, 2013

I booked this hotel for Memorial Day weekend trip. The night before departure, I received a urgent email & phone call from the online agents regarding our trip. I was informed that Tropical Inn Resort did not update their inventory in result they overbooked reservations. I was very disappointed but the Expedia rep found a WONDERFUL hotel on the beach. Though the rate was a lot more, I didn't have to pay additional & she refunded me some money. After passing by this hotel on the way to the oceanfront hotel, I am sooo happy they overbooked the reservations.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank H M
CT
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Stayed here three years ago and it was a great place so decided to stay here again. After I had signed in the girl at the desk decides to tell me that this hotel has been changed into a "SOBER :LIVING FACILITY" and there was no alcohol allowed any where on the premises. When you read about this hotel it advertises that it has bar in the lobby. Their advertising is not up to date. Then I go to the pool and there are NO lounge chairs only regular chairs. I asked if maybe they might have some but maybe hadn't put them out and the girl says:" oh they must have gotten broken". What? Broken by who or what?
When I called Expedia to see if I could change my hotel there was a huge fee and it wasn't worth it, Everyday the only people I saw were the counselors and the sober living residents. And their continental breakfast was a joke. They never put fresh fruit out I was there for four days and the same three shriveled up tangerines were still there, I was there on a very stressful family matter by myself and I didn't need this added stress.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
6 Thank Kathi53
Cocoa, Florida
Reviewed March 13, 2013

stayed for a month at the 550 rate. The room was bare and stipped down to not even toliet paper. No sheets . Towels, shower curtain, but did have a dyer that was boltted to the wall. Carpet was filthy so requested that it be cleaned. Placed my towels on the floor several hours after it was shampood . Oh my gosh !!!! Those towels became black from the filth still there. Showed the head housekeeper lady..Her response......." Are those our towels" and you get what you pay for ". Keep driving my friend.

• Stayed January 2013
Port d'Hiver
Port d'Hiver
#1 of 13 in Melbourne Beach
Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront

Been to Tropical Inn Palm Bay? Share your experiences!