“Cute & convenient”

Tropical Inn Palm Bay
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Palm Bay
Reviewed May 11, 2012

We stayed here to attend our daughter's graduation from Florida Institute of Technology. The room was larger than we expected, especially for the rate. Furnishing have been recently updated. It was not spotless, but reasonably clean. California king bed was very comfortable. Dixie Highway, US 1, is between the hotel and river with some traffic but not heavy in the evening when we were there. Refridgerator in the room, don't remember seeing a microwave but we spent most of the evening outside sitting at a table on the second floor walkway overlooking the river. Pool looked inviting, but it was too late after dinner at the Shack just down the road. They do keep the front office locked until 8am when it opens for a sweet roll, coffee or tea breakfast. Would definetly stay here again if we had another occasion to be near FIT.

Room Tip: If you like to wake up with a gorgeous view the sunrise or watching dolphin play in the river, defin...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 20, 2012

The front desk personnel were very accommodating to us. We needed to come in a night earlier on Easter weekend, which was busy for them. They rearranged some rooms/reservations for us so that we could stay in the same room for both nights. The pool was great -- our boys loved it! The rooms are just average hotel rooms. Nothing fancy. They have everything you need to be comfortable though, like a mini fridge, beds to sleep in, and shower to clean up in. We didn't need anything more than that. There are cool aquariums in the lobby area. People were nice!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 11, 2012

If you check in in the evening or night the lobby is dead bolted. and you have to check in through a small window on the side. I was told it was owned by a police officer who wanted to keep the night employees safe. I got to my room which was on the second floor, the door was covered with bugs and lizards. (I know it's Florida, but the door was literally covered) If I would have opened the door they would have flown right in the room. The key did not work... So I did not see the inside of the room. If it's not safe for the night crew to have the lobby open, it's not safe for me to stay there! I just got a really bad feeling about the place. STAY AWAY!!!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Tina S
Reviewed April 2, 2012

i have charges on my account 5 days following my stay and billed a extra day of stay following a month at this place. i have contacted corporate and have complained, and i have found other guests who have similar complaints!!! the month i was there i heard the neighbors poodles barking non stop!!! stay elese where wish id of read the reviews. this so called resort houses the help, better watch your credit card if you use it!!!

Room Tip: dont stay for the tourist season, and watch your credit card if you stay here.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
5  Thank Dan S
Reviewed January 15, 2012

I have known this location for years (even back when it was a Days Inn) and the new owners/management have turned this place into a delightful find. If you want to throw your money away on superficial glitz, go somewhere else. But if you want a pleasant staff, well-cleaned room, freshly renovated basic decor, and convenience, this is it. You can't beat their price with a stick. Yes, the fundamental plant and the architecture say this is an older plant, but it has been completely upgraded. The only downside I can see is that you cannot walk to eating or shopping. For me, that was not an inconvenience. There are plenty of places to eat within a few minutes of driving, ranging from fast foods and diners to upscale fine (as it gets in Florida) dining. You are minutes to interstate and major boulevards, the beach is about 20 minutes away, all on quick major roads. If you have reason to be in this area, you have just found the place!

Room Tip: Rooms in the back will be quieter. I was a little concerned that I was on the front (facing the hig...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Tom D
Reviewed November 17, 2011

Think a very reasonably-priced Days Inn-like hotel with striking decor in tropical colors plus continental breakfast and tasty free dinners for two, and it equals a terrific deal. Indian River-side rooms offer a beautiful view. The staff is accommodating in every way with just the right mix of helpfulness and respectful privacy. The lobby/bar/dining area has three beautifully installed aquariums with exquisite tropical fish -- some quite rare -- and displays of work by local artists, which are for sale. In a land of chain hotel sameness, the Tropical Inn is a welcome change, offering many extra customer-friendly amenities that only a mom 'n' pop establishment can. This inn is a great discovery, and we will be returning.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank dan_jo1
Reviewed September 22, 2011

I stayed here in May 2011 for my daughter's graduation from FIT. The people were very friendly that work there. I was staying alone and felt very comfortable and safe. The bartender was very nice and the meals (that are included in the price) were very tasteful and nice because I did't have to go find a place to eat by myself when my daughter was busy with graduation final details. I did meet the owner and her dad who was visitng there and they were very nice and wanted to make sure my stay was the best.. The pool was very clean and nice to sit by. Overall I would definatly stay here again when visiting my daughter.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
Hilton Melbourne Rialto Place
Suburban Extended Stay
Suburban Extended Stay
#18 of 22 in Melbourne

Been to Tropical Inn Palm Bay? Share your experiences!