“Not my first choice”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Florida
“Not my first choice”
Reviewed September 18, 2012

Went here for a friends' 47th wedding anniversary. I had the grilled chicken "on the barbie" and asparagus. The BBQ sauce was served on the side, which I liked, but the chicken was dry - the sauce was the only thing that saved it. The asparagus (add $1.00!) amounted to about 7 spears. Hubby had a steak and a wedge salad. Another fellow had the same steak, and needed to cut off the fat. When the waiter saw my hubby had cleaned his plate (his steak was pretty much fat free), he remarked to the other fellow "Oh, he cleaned his plate and you didn't!). The fellow said, "No, I thought I'd leave the gristle behind." Hubby said the wedge salad was good, but the lettuce looked a bit brown in spots. He also had the asparagus. Quite a few menu items were "Add $1.00". The best part was the blackberry sangria, very good! Overall, I think there's a better meal for your money in Palm Bay.

• Visited September 2012
3 Thank redbug

Palm Bay, Florida
“Great Ribeye”
Reviewed September 11, 2012

I like my steaks medium rare and the ribeye I got here was tender and cooked to perfection...well done.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank TopGun_1_1998
Grant-Valkaria
“Above Average”
Reviewed August 10, 2012

We don't go to Outback as much since they changed the menu. There always seems to be a lot of noise at the Palm Bay resturant. I especially like their house salad.

Visited March 2012
1 Thank Janet M
Melbourne Beach, Florida, United States
“Mediocre outback”
Reviewed July 5, 2012

I've eaten at many outbacks, probably 30 or more. I've found they lack consistency in the preparation and quality of food. Many outbacks have an outstanding Wedge Salad, and the effort put into preparing the Wedge is usually consistent with the quality and prep of the rest of the menu at a particular outback. This one is nothing to write home about - sad to say this is the closest outback to my home and I do not frequent this restaurant. I do travel to Tampa on a weekly basis, and generally eat at the Outbacks in the Tampa Bay area once every two to three weeks.

Visited October 2011
2 Thank Jim G
Palm Bay, Florida
“Just ok but we did have good service!”
Reviewed June 15, 2012

We don't go to Outback very often. We find their prices too high. Usually you have a very long wait but we went on a Sunday at lunch so we were seated right away which was nice. Our server was very nice and very efficient. We both ordered our steaks medium which is the way we always order our steaks. When we got them they were well done, very well done. Of course they took them back and we recieved our steaks done properly after we waited awhile. We were offered either a salad or soup while we waited which we had not originally ordered. You pay extra for everything. All you get is one side with a meal. We did take the offer & ordered the creamy onion soup which was delicious. It just surprises me that a place that is so well known for their steaks could not get it right especially since they were not busy. Anyway, it turned out all right and we had a pretty good meal. I think it will probably be awhile before we go back.

• Visited May 2012