“poor internet and tub is dangerous no matt light over desk didn't work” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Motel 6 Palm Bay

Motel 6 Palm Bay
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Palm Bay
“poor internet and tub is dangerous no matt light over desk didn't work”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2014

My wife and I rented a room for a week. We paid $350.00 for the week which was to be expected for two people which was to be expected. we got in the room and there was no micro wave or fridge. I was even willing to live with that but then we tried to use the internet. My wife and I both have computers but could only use one to a time because they would only give us one password and two computers can't use the same password. they was going to charge us $2.99 per day for internet but we both have AARP cards so they didn't charge us. That figures out to be about $90.00 per month just for internet. We paid for two people but they would only let one of us use the computer. that is crap and we will never stay in this motel again. Also the tub is slippery and has no matt in it making it very dangerous and one of the lights didn't work.

Room Tip: Do not choose this one keep going find one better
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank waverunner1234567890
Motel6, Owner at Motel 6 Palm Bay, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Dear waverunner1234567890,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Savannah, GA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

Well you absolutely get what you pay for at this place. Just stayed one night passing through. I knew that expectations should be low, but questionable characters hanging around, soft spots in the floor- although the carpet looked fairly new, bathroom made me want to pee outside, couldn't even bring myself to brush my teeth. And the very worst...... FLEAS... Got up at 6:30am just to out of the place.. Steer clear.. It's worth 20 bucks to stay somewhere elsewhere.

• Stayed July 2013
3 Thank hnunn21
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Palm Bay, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Dear hnunn21 - We sincerely apologize for the cleanliness issues you encountered during your recent stay. These conditions are not consistent with our standards for quality at Motel 6. Please contact our guest relations department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide you with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.

Travelers are raving about these Palm Bay hotels

Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

There were last minute changes to our vacations plans and we needed a place to stay for 1 night. Motel 6 was one of the closest and probably the cheapest stay in Palm Bay, Florida as I exited off of I-95 which was good. It was weird, however, having to navigate through to the side of the plaza parking lot just to get to the front of the motel. The front desk manager was nice. She greeted us and even allowed us to see the room before we booked it. The room did smell somewhat sour like the floor was shampooed but not washed and was left like that. Also, the bed sheets had burn holes in them and the bed weren't that comfortable either...but we needed a place to stay so we couldn't complain that much. When I brought these things up to the front desk manager, surprisingly, she had a very nonchalant attitude and was not very keen on doing anything about it. Nevertheless, after some talking, we eventually got a small discount on the room and even got one close to the front entrance which was great. I didn't like the fact I had to pay for my WiFi access. Almost every other hotel I've stayed in offered free wireless internet access so even though the fee was small and nominal, that kind of turned me off a little bit. Furthermore, I kept getting kicked off the connection and had to reconnect at least 8x before going to bed. All in all, based on my experience and under different circumstances, I probably wouldn't go back but considering my situation at the time, it was what it was - a place to stay at last minute.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Goldenboy125
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stayed here when we first moved to Florida and we were looking for a place to live. Well the rooms were very dated and falling apart. The floors were disgusting. The TV was from the 80's and we didn't get 1/2 of the channels. The wifi was not free so my husband and son were sitting outside picking up lowes free wifi next door when we were told by security that we were not allowed to be out of our room after 10PM! I thought he was joking. So we went back in to our room and my husband and I smoke. In NY your not allowed to smoke Inside hotels/motels so we got a glass of wine and went outside and sat on our car hood to smoke and have a glass of wine. The security guy came back and said we were being insubordinate and we would be told to leave the next day. What?!?!? I am 38 and hubby is 48. They said smoke in your room. I said no we have our son and my mom in there and we don't smoke near them. It turns out that we didn't want to be treated like a 4 year old and we left. Don't go here. It's gross. The best part is the pool. And that is all.

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank Bearswife93
Grant-Valkaria, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

We hadn't planned on getting a room for that night but plans changed at the last moment. We stopped in and got a "non-smoking room". Well, it smelled like cigarettes, linens smelled and towels, once my nose blocked up it wasn't toooo bad? Sheets where very thin, towels thin and small. My husband who is 6'1" had to almost bend over double to get some water from the very low shower head. However we did get a room at the last minute and it was cheap in more ways than one!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Phyllis M
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2012

Nonsmoking room. Cigarette burns in bedcovers and blankets as well as most of the carpet. Razor blades scars in the Formica next to the sink. TV dates from the 90s. Lots of shady and suspicious behavior going on...drugs and prostitution. Only $50...for the room. Don't stay here!

• Stayed March 2012
2 Thank Anthstudent
palm bay
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2012

First off let me start by saying you get what you pay for.
My family and I stay at this motel for awhile.
We did not feel welcome here at all except by the maids who really do work hard for people who do not care about them.
While my family and I were there. we all contracted some kind of skin fungus. and had to be treated at the local hospital.and it took lots of Medicaitions to remove the itchy type stuff we caught.
Also, while were there we had to call the front desk and tell them that RATS had gotten into our food.The lady at the front desk ( The Manager who lives on site ). treated us as if we were lyieng . when she came to the room she walked in stood there for about 2 sec. and said I SEE NOTHING. and tried to walk out. my wife then grabbed the bags of food and bread that had been eaten by rats.and shoved them into her line of site and asked There do you see it now?? and look under the sink were the big hole is that they chewed through. she acted like it was no big deal. Little does she know that we have pics of all of this on our camera.Also, while at the pool just laying out in the sun both of my sons had TICKS attack them on there backs..This place should be closed down and the health dept. should step in.Like I said the maids are awesome.they work very hard with what they got.
But, the manager is way out of line.
I will never stay at this motel again if I have to choose. And to be honest I will think twice befor
staying at any Motel 6 again. its not worth saving the $20.00 or $30.00.
The internet at this motel is not worth paying for. you constantly get kicked off line.
and it is S-L-O-W..........Holiday inn is right up the street go there MUCH BETTER.
and the beach IS NOT 10 Mioes away it is exactly 15.7 miles....... PLEASE BEWARE OF THIS MOTEL..

Room Tip: Go to another motel
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
#10 of 21 in Melbourne
Suburban Extended Stay
Suburban Extended Stay
#17 of 21 in Melbourne

Been to Motel 6 Palm Bay? Share your experiences!