“Mixed Emotions” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Palm Bay
Grant-Valkaria, Florida
“Mixed Emotions”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

We hadn't planned on getting a room for that night but plans changed at the last moment. We stopped in and got a "non-smoking room". Well, it smelled like cigarettes, linens smelled and towels, once my nose blocked up it wasn't toooo bad? Sheets where very thin, towels thin and small. My husband who is 6'1" had to almost bend over double to get some water from the very low shower head. However we did get a room at the last minute and it was cheap in more ways than one!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Phyllis M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012

Nonsmoking room. Cigarette burns in bedcovers and blankets as well as most of the carpet. Razor blades scars in the Formica next to the sink. TV dates from the 90s. Lots of shady and suspicious behavior going on...drugs and prostitution. Only $50...for the room. Don't stay here!

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank Anthstudent

Travelers are raving about these Palm Bay hotels

palm bay
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2012

First off let me start by saying you get what you pay for.
My family and I stay at this motel for awhile.
We did not feel welcome here at all except by the maids who really do work hard for people who do not care about them.
While my family and I were there. we all contracted some kind of skin fungus. and had to be treated at the local hospital.and it took lots of Medicaitions to remove the itchy type stuff we caught.
Also, while were there we had to call the front desk and tell them that RATS had gotten into our food.The lady at the front desk ( The Manager who lives on site ). treated us as if we were lyieng . when she came to the room she walked in stood there for about 2 sec. and said I SEE NOTHING. and tried to walk out. my wife then grabbed the bags of food and bread that had been eaten by rats.and shoved them into her line of site and asked There do you see it now?? and look under the sink were the big hole is that they chewed through. she acted like it was no big deal. Little does she know that we have pics of all of this on our camera.Also, while at the pool just laying out in the sun both of my sons had TICKS attack them on there backs..This place should be closed down and the health dept. should step in.Like I said the maids are awesome.they work very hard with what they got.
But, the manager is way out of line.
I will never stay at this motel again if I have to choose. And to be honest I will think twice befor
staying at any Motel 6 again. its not worth saving the $20.00 or $30.00.
The internet at this motel is not worth paying for. you constantly get kicked off line.
and it is S-L-O-W..........Holiday inn is right up the street go there MUCH BETTER.
and the beach IS NOT 10 Mioes away it is exactly 15.7 miles....... PLEASE BEWARE OF THIS MOTEL..

Room Tip: Go to another motel
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank Sickfromblackmold
Melbourne, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2012

Crack heads in the parking lot all night, a front desk staff that doesn't care, rooms with no heat, and a shower that hadn't been cleaned since it was new.. DON'T BRING KIDS HERE.

Room Tip: I'd rather sleep under a highway bridge than sleep here. Stay anywhere else.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank James L
Largo, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2011

I booked a room at this hotel for 2 nights for one of my construction superintendents. He said that the room was so bad with a mold smell that he literally went out to his truck and slept in it instead of staying in the room. Also the internet is bascially non-existent. PS our electrical sub also booked a room there and he, too, slept in his truck because the room was so bad.

Definitely would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Carol S
Munich
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2011

It started with a little bit of trouble to find it. The location/town overall is not so good. But I wanted to stay near to the Space Center to avoid the rush hour from Orlando in the morning. The hotel looked quite old. Also the room was not renovated for a longer time. The bed was ok. I only stayed one night, so it was no big deal. Honestly, next time I will look for another hotel. It didn´t convince me

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars
1 Thank defMunichCanyonRider
Hollywood, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2010

Things to know: (1) damp and dirty carpet (2) threadbare sheets (3) loud, not so great A/C) (4) strong unavoidable odor of perfumed sanitizer (must have been trying to hide the carpet's real smell) Wowza...this was a bummer. We were headed to see the Shuttle Discovery's last launch, so we thought we 'd do a budget hotel the night before that would allow a short drive to the launch site. I'm a bargain kind of girl, but a bargain is getting something good or reasonable good for a great price....this was not bargain. One good thing, employees at Check-in were very nice. Don't stay here until the clean this place and replace or rip-out that carpet! Move on!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Suburban Extended Stay
#18 of 21 in Melbourne
3.5 of 5 stars 74 reviews
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites

Been to Motel 6 Palm Bay? Share your experiences!