“Great Baby Back Ribs”

The Shack Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #17 of 150 Restaurants in Palm Bay
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Old owners are back along with great food!
Sebastian, Florida
“Great Baby Back Ribs”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2012

My husband and I dined at the Shack Restaurant last week. I had the Baby Back Ribs and he had the Baked Tuna dinner. Both dinners were delicious. The ribs were done perfectly and fell right off the bone. Very tender.
The baked tuna dinner was also prepared the way my husband likes it.
Enjoyed our night out at this restaurant.

1 Thank Lorraine A

Vero
“Huge Portions!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

My husband and I visited The Shack Seafood Restaurant in Palm Bay, Florida, yesterday afternoon. We got there for a late lunch/early dinner. The menu was extremely varied with everything from Florida fish to New England fish to shell fish -- it was difficult to decide what to get. My husband had New England Clam Chowder and a Haddock dinner. The chowder was good, but his jaw dropped when he saw the fish! The portion of fish was enormous -- on a bed of spinach and a side of broccoli and a large baked potato. I ordered fried Sea Scallops with steak fries and coleslaw. I order sea scallops fairly regularly, but I usually get around 4 or 5 scallops and as few as 3 -- for the same price range. I couldn't believe it, but I was served 9 enormous, tender scallops! The entire meal was extraordinary. I couldn't finish everything. The price was $18.95 for my scallops and $16.95 for my husband's fish. We will definitely be back with lots of friends. Beautiful views of the Indian River. Great friendly service.

2 Thank Nancy C
Palm Bay, Florida
“Florida seafood at its finest”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012

Don't let the name fool you. This restaurant, on the shores of the Indian River Lagoon, on U.S. 1 in Melbourne is light years away from being a "shack." Yes, there is rustic charm, along with wonderful views of the river. But the main reason for the popularity this very casual restaurant is the quality of its food and service. Dine outside on a deck, at an inside table by the windows, or simply have a Happy Hour drink with friends at the comfortable bar. Excellent Florida seafood entrees and, of course dishes for landlubbers, too, has made The Shack a local favorite for lunch or dinner for many, many years.

Visited March 2012
Melbourne, Florida, United States
“One Disaster after another”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

Sat night, 7:30 and staff complaining they are swamped when lots of empty tables. 30 min wait and theh a table by the exit used for employee smoke breaks. Super SLOW kitchen, raw appetizers, cold main entree's sent back. What a horrible place! OVERPRICED! Skimpy portions! Flavorless processed/frozen food! Certainly would never go back or recommend even to an enemy! A truly horrible place

3 Thank Rob S
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful evening”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

My husband and I stopped after a day at the beach. We set out on the porch and enjoyed the evening. The food was perfect and plentiful. You will not go away hungry.
The place was also decorated for Halloween and was really "spooky". It was fun.