“Traveller's inn.”

GreenLeadersGold level
Lincolnshire
“Traveller's inn.”
Reviewed March 6, 2014 via mobile

Having landed at Orlando late afternoon , we stayed overnight en route to Southern Florida. Very convenient and accessible from I 95, well signed and easy to park. Our twin double bedded room was spacious and very comfortable with usual Hol Inn facilities - once we had worked out how to use the coffee maker !
We didn't have time to use the small swimming pool, but it looked adequate for a cooling dip. Breakfast was basic with a reasonable choice of breads, cornflakes and ham / eggs. Reception staff were polite and efficient.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DAWLincs
PKapur, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Palm Bay, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for your feedback, we hope to see you soon.

GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
las vegas, nv
Reviewed March 3, 2014 via mobile

Conveniently located. Nice, big room. Clean. Friendly staff. Great price for Holiday Inn (they tend to be more expensive than I like). A little hard to find, because they're set back and don't have a big giant sign.

Stayed January 2014
PKapur, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Palm Bay, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for a great review. We make sure all the guest are satisfied during their stay with us. We hope to see you soon.

Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed February 13, 2014 via mobile

Stayed for 2 nights. Loved it & will definitely return. Beautiful warm pool & hottub. Very clean. Delicious breakfast included. Friendly helpful front desk. Quiet calm. Easy to find. Liquor across the street. Wall mart & other conveniences close by. Laundry available.

Stayed February 2014
PKapur, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Palm Bay, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Dear Quinn

I would like to personally thank you for a genuine review during your stay with us. Our heated pool & hot spa is loved by every guest especially during this part of the year. We hope to see you here again.

palmbayhiexpress@Live.com
Raleigh, NC
Reviewed February 13, 2014

Checked into the hotel on February 12. The hotel was filled with high school boys on a soccer team trip. The chaperones were not doing a very good job keeping the boys quiet, which resulted in multiple complaints from other guests including me. The boys were running up and down the halls, slamming doors, and I believe that the ones in the room above mine were juggling bowling balls... badly. Lots of THUDS. The police were called at one point by the hotel front desk as there was a potential altercation between the chaperones and one of the other guests who had been staying in the hotel for a week.

The phone in my room did not connect to the front desk. I could get a dial tone, but dialing 0 as instructed on the phone did not connect me to the front desk, so I had to get dressed and walk downstairs to complain about the noise. The phone did not have the correct room number listed on it. The room number had been scratched out on the phone template with a pen. This is indicative of what I see as just a general lack of attention to detail in this hotel.

The front desk attendant was nice and tried to be helpful, but she was overwhelmed by the situation. To the hotel's credit, the noise did die down about 11 pm.

Carpets were dirty and / or stained in the hallways and need to either be cleaned or replaced. See attached picture. Beds were comfortable.

The Business Office where customers can use a computer, etc. was tiny - about the size of a storage closet. It had two tower computers in the room which were generating a great deal of heat for such a tiny room. I had called prior to booking this room to ask if they had a space where I could work past 12 pm checkout time. This room was not comfortable and not amenable to me spending more than a few minutes in there.

My room had a shower and no tub, which was fine for me. I did notice some grime / dirt build-up in the grout by the shower, which is very apparent when you sitting on the toilet facing it. See attached picture.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest

I would like to sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you had during you stay with us due to many factors. It is very sad to hear that despite being voted the best hotel in the area we could not keep up with our hospitality promise. As you knew it was a very busy night & the noise from the sporting team was out of control. Our staff made the best effort to fix that issue as mentioned by you too. Our maintenance team could not keep up with the damages caused by the players and I apologize for it. Our staff works really hard to make sure every guest gets the best experience & we promise it would never happen to any other guest in future. I would personally call you & talk more in detail & make sure you get the best hospitality experience in your future stay with us.

Thank you once again to keep us updated about our shortcomings.

Shelbyville, Kentucky
Reviewed February 8, 2014

It was a half mile from my training. There were plenty of places to eat to choose from. Only about 5 miles from Melbourne beach. The staff was always there with a smile as you walk by. If I am ever in the area again I will consider staying here again.

• Stayed February 2014
Dear Dave

Thank you very much for a great review for your visit with us. We hope to see you soon.

Greenville
Reviewed February 7, 2014

Our first stay here; absolutely awesome place, great value! Beautiful room, wonderful staff - we will stay here again! Only one minor issue - bathroom vanity was quite high, not good for short people, will bring step stool on our next visit!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear John

I would like to thank you for a wonderful feedback regarding your stay with us. It will be our pleasure to have you over here again. Please accept my apologies regarding the size of the vanities.

Thank you once again & hope to see you in Palm Bay/Melbourne again!!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Palm Bay
Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront
Fairfield Inn & Suites Melbourne Palm Bay/Viera
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront
Crowne Plaza Melbourne Oceanfront

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Palm Bay? Share your experiences!