“I want to live in this hotel.”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Palm Bay
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Palm Bay
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed September 26, 2012

I love this hotel. The number one reason is that their beds are so comfortable. We didn't want to get out of bed in the morning. Unfortunately, we had to. We (my daughter, grandson, & two sons) were there to take my son to college.

I wish that I had gotten the maintenance man's name as he was very helpful to my daughter especially on the last day when I had to leave my younger son with her while I went to my older son's orientation.

The front desk staff and the restaurant staff was very nice.

The only thing is that I wish they had a little playground so we didn't have to drive to one. We did have fun in the pool and drove to a park close by.

My only con was the air conditioner was freezing me in the bed next to it and if I tried to make it a little warmer, my daughter was hot in the bed on the other side. That air conditioner froze through the blankets to the sheets.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank mscott

Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

Called hotel and spoke to Tiffany to see if they had rooms avail. She rocks very friendly five stars for customer service we checked in and she is great so later that night around midnight the smoke detector kept beeping thought we could deal with it not lol so we called front desk spoke to Tom I give him five stars he switched our rooms around two a.m. cause that's when we finally called and the rm we were switched to was next door Tom we have a infant and for the easy switch I give u five stars my only problem was Sunday morning we went to breakfast tagged the door do not disturb as we were going dn my oldest was still sleeping when we got up around 11:15 a.m. a door opened house keeping came in ok ck out is 12 p.m. that wasn't cool that made me hott cause we could have not been clothed but lucky we were but unsatisfactory on housekeeping staff beware of that

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Upside: Clean, Newer Furnishings, Nice Breakfast/Attendant ... Downside: Noisy Housekeepers, Noisy Rooms, Pool (Suited For Penguin Habitat - Cold), Management Doesn't Accommodate Standard Priority Club Requests If Booked Through Third Party (local prerogative - not corp policy), Pillows Needed To Be Replaced - Fabreeze ISN"T A REASONABLE FIX. :(

Room Tip: I am fairly innocuous as a traveler. I want my room to be quiet and in the unlikely event that I ask...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank ErinKathleenSands
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Palm Bay, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2012

Dear ErinSands,

Thank you for being one of our valued Priority Club members and for providing us with a very considerate review regarding your stay with us. We are pleased to hear you liked our clean property, new furnishings and breakfast. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry you received housekeeping service, noisy rooms and pillows which were unacceptable. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Your patronage and support to the hotel is very important to us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed July 2, 2012

We stopped at this Holiday Inn on our way to the Florida Keys on July 1st 2012. I was totally surprised when I walked through the door and even when I went up to the room! This is the cleanest Hotel we have ever stayed at, even cleaner than some resorts we have stayed at. The girl who checked us in was super nice and helpful. We take trips to the Keys every year and this Hotel will be our rest stop on the way down from now on. I still cannot believe how clean it was,considering what Holiday Inn's are usually known for. The Breakfast was AWESOME as well! Usually Hotels tell you they serve a "HOT" breakfast in the mornings and it turns out to be muffins and bagels. Well, this was just what they told us, and it is included with your stay. There was Bacon, Delicious biscuits, with Gravy. The gravy was from a packet, so it wasn't the best. They also do have muffins and cereal if you would like to stick to the traditional stuff. The coolest thing we got was the pancakes. They are made right in front of you from a machine and are AMAZING!! The bacon is awesome as well, (of course, IT'S BACON! :) but I do have to say in this case the pancakes win :) The only complaints I have about this hotel, are the water pressure in the shower and the bathroom was really cold. I stay cold all the time so if you do not get cold easy then you should be fine. I thought closing the door would help, but it didn't. I actually only had the hot water on with no cold and it still didn't help. Their hot water is not very hot. It is perfect for a shower, just not what I like to stay comfortable. That is my problem really, not the hotel's, but the water pressure is not so good. We were in room 226, so maybe other rooms are different? However, these are not things that would give this Hotel less than 5 Stars! I also LOVED the Carpet in this place. They really have a beautiful theme. The Carpet in the halls, has a 70's look to it but still up to date, with tropical looking flowers. The hotel room has a similar look but more modern. I do not have a picture available right now, but the look of it will be in my video. We will for sure be back on our next trip to the Keys. I will be posting a YouTube Video of this Hotel soon, check me out as butterflykey422.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Butterflykey
Reviewed June 30, 2012

Very pleased with our decision to stay here. We had a room with 2 queen beds and a sofa bed, which is plenty of room for my family of 4. We appreciated having a bar, microwave, and refrigerator in our room. The breakfast bar was well stocked with the usual breads and cereal, but had scrambled eggs, French toast, and ham as well. It was easy to find---- just a short drive from I-95. No complaints.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank Goodtwo
Reviewed June 25, 2012

Traveling to Key West from SC with Mother in law to visit sick relative and needed nice, clean and convenient places to stay along the way. This hotel was right off 1-95, it was fairly new, and very clean and modern. The room was great, the beds were comfortable, and the staff was great. The complimentary breakfast was very nice with good choices. I would stay here again in my travels to Florida.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank lovelowery
Reviewed June 5, 2012

Good quiet location, friendly check-in, pretty clean from what we saw. Our only issues were the beds and A/C. Beds were squeaky, like rusty springs, when you sat or moved around. Kind of annoying. But they were somewhat firm and comfy.

A/C was a little loud, but not terrible. If you bring earplugs you won't have problems. Shower was a huge walk-in, no tub. Pool was nice, hot tub looked foamy.

Breakfast was good and kept well stocked.

• Stayed: June 2012
Tropical Inn Palm Bay
#5 of 5 in Palm Bay
La Quinta Inn & Suites Melbourne - Palm Bay
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Palm Bay? Share your experiences!