“Nice place to sleep, but forget service”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Palm Bay
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Palm Bay
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed May 15, 2011

I arrived at the hotel having made reservations for a King Leisure room. When I entered the hotel and approached the clerk I had to greet him. He did not even have the courtesy to stand. He looked up my reservations and said what room do you want to have. He did not welcome me as a Priority Club Member nor tell me of the hotels amenities. I told him a King Non Smoking as per my reservations. After a moment he said he did not have one and offered me a standard two queen room. So instead of upgrading me, I was down graded. As it was late I took the room. When I entered the room the lights did not go on. The desk clerk neglected to inform me that there is a power saving option where a room card must be inserted the entire time you are in the room, I figured it out the hardway.

This was the first Holiday Inn Express room that I stayed in that had a shower instead of a tub. The shower had doors that did not fit properly. The room was clean and the beds comfortable.

The breakfast the next morning was standard as to the usual HIE availability.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank David D

Reviewed March 23, 2011

We were really impressed with this hotel. The staff were friendly and so helpful, everyone kept asking if there was anything they could help us with. The pool was great as was the breakfast each morning.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed March 6, 2011

My dad and I stayed at this hotel for one night in March 2011. The hotel was very convenient to I-95 and was the perfect choice for quality lodging in the Palm Bay area. The rooms and common area were tastefully decorated with modern furnishings and amenities. I am a frequent traveler to hotels and have a good eye for definiciencies in cleanliness or maintenance - this hotel had neither!!!! Every staff member we encountered was friendly and helpful. We would absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2011
Reviewed December 28, 2010

We stayed at this hotel while visiting family. We were impressed by the friendliness of the staff, the beautiful lobby, and the cleanliness evident everywhere. Our room was beautiful--spacious and well-appointed, with a flat-screen TV and microwave, fridge, etc. and a very comfortable bed. (We had a good night's sleep; the hotel is convenient to the I-95 exit ramp, but not close enough to allow noisy traffic to disturb your rest.) The bathroom was well-lit, with a large granite-topped table which featured roomy shelves for towels, etc. The continental breakfast was really, really nice--great coffee choices, all sorts of breads, bagels, muffins, fresh scrambled eggs, sausage, yogurt, juices--everything you might possibly want for breakfast. And the neat fitness room helped me burn off some of those breakfast calories. We always enjoy visiting our daughter and her family, and this hotel made it the most enjoyable visit ever. The Holiday Inn Express will be our choice from now on when we stay in Palm Bay.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 23, 2010

We flew into Orlando from the UK and wanted some where to stay before travelling to Key West.

Very clean, nice big room with fridge and micro, local petrol station by the entrance sold various drinks, snacks etc.

Might not be the centre of palm bay or on the beach but for a family on a budget lookingfor some where comfortable and clean, or couples you'll struggle to find better.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 17, 2010

We had two rooms at the hotel on a trip to view the space shuttle launch. It is a bit of a drive to Kennedy Space Center but it's definitely doable. The hotel was clean, modern, and well-situated right off I-95. It's also an easy drive to the beach, which we did the night before the launch. The staff was very pleasant, and the rooms were perfect. They were relatively roomy (the king bed room had the most space) and had refrigerators, microwaves, and in-room coffee. Breakfast was good and well-stocked, and my daughter loved the bubble wall. Despite it's location on a main road, our room had a view of the pool and some trees, an unexpected bonus. We did swim, and appreciated that the pool is nicely situated at the rear of the hotel, looking over a grassy field (rather that in the middle of a parking lot!)

All in all, exactly what I look for in a hotel: a clean, comfortable place to lay my head, with just enough amenities to set it apart without breaking the bank.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed April 21, 2010

Stayed at this hotel when my friend and I went to see a Space Shuttle launch. Most of, if not all, of the hotels in the Cocoa Beach / Cape Canaveral area were booked way in advance so I had to find something in the area. This hotel is brand new ( 3 months old ) and is very clean. The front desk manager told me they ( his family ) built the hotel as an overflow hotel for the shuttle launches. Sadly, there are only 3 more launches left.

If you're thinking of this hotel as a place to stay for visting the Kennedy Space Center or Cocoa Beach area it's a bit of a drive, about 35 minutes. We were in this area during spring break ( what was I thinking !! ) and even with several guests in the hotel it was not really that loud. Parking seemed plentiful and the lot was well lit. The express breakfast was good and well stocked. We rolled in the first morning incredibly tired after having spent the entire night at Kennedy Space Center for the launch. We technically missed the posted hours for the breakfast but they were very accomodating and allowed us to grab a quick bite to eat. That's great customer service in my opinion. I don't agree with the previous review about the breakfast food being stale. Ours was fine.

Aside from the hotel exit being one way and a bit of a pain to get anywhere without making a bunch of U-Turns, this was an overall nice place. Going back for the Shuttle launch in May and everything is all booked up in the K.S.C. area so I think I'll be back here again...no complaints.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with friends
Tropical Inn Palm Bay
Tropical Inn Palm Bay
#5 of 5 in Palm Bay
La Quinta Inn & Suites Melbourne - Palm Bay

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Palm Bay? Share your experiences!