“Great Hotel, Great Service, Great Location, Great Value”

Comfort Suites Palm Bay
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Palm Bay
Reviewed November 29, 2013

Stayed one night (November 28-29th)... The hotel is excellent. The front desk person (Rebecca) was awesome - a true gem - very friendly, made the check-in not only quick, but entertaining. She truly loves her job - even working on Thanksgiving Day, she was cheerful. One of the other hotel staff, Debi - was also very friendly and did not make it seem like a chore to strike up a conversation with guests - she also seems to enjoy her job.

Both staff were proud of the hotel.

The only reason for rating of 4 and not 5 was that the carpet in our room (Room 205) could have used a cleaning... It may need a good shampoo or perhaps, changed out.

The location of the hotel, right off of Exit 173 on I-95 is ideal. There are plenty of restaurants and stores within walking distance.

Even being next to the highway, the hotel sits just enough back to keep noise level to a minimum.

The in-room fridge and microwave were great for storing and heating up Thanksgiving leftovers later in the evening.

The baby gators are definitely a conversation piece.

The cost of the hotel ($99 a night / just a few dollars over $100 w/ taxes) is very reasonable - especially considering the ideal service, comfort, and overall cleanliness of the facility. The rooms are large and very accommodating.

I will definitely be back when I am in the area and have already recommended it to friends/family that will be traveling to Palm Bay in the coming weeks.

Great job Comfort Suites management and staff - Keep up the good work - it is appreciated.

Room Tip: We stayed on 2nd floor facing away from I-95 - was very quiet.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
cspalmbay, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Palm Bay, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2013

We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We do have a great staff and I am so glad you got to see that first hand. Also thank you for commenting on all things that make us great, I love to tell me staff with a guest has a great stay and when they are mentioned by name. We look forward to seeing you again. Thank you!

There are newer reviews for Comfort Suites Palm Bay

Reviewed October 16, 2013

Clean, spacious, no smells or "feels" and a nice bed. "Nuff said!!

Road noise on side facing I-95 but bearable. Breakfast was fairly good and location right near restaurants and a Micky D's (if that's a big deal to you!)

Room Tip: Book an upper floor room with odd last numbers to avoid I- 95 truck noise.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bob S
cspalmbay, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Palm Bay, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

Thank you so much for review! We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you and we hope to see you the next time you are in town.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

My wife, kids, and I spent ten days at this hotel and it was start to finish, the best hotel experience I have had in a long time. The day we arrived, I went to check in and had booked my stay on Choice Privileges Rewards Points, and this through a little wrench into things. The poor girl at the desk was trying to charge me a deposit (which I should not have when using points) but after a short discussion with her, she went and got the manager, Kacey.

Kacey took care of us and got our check in processed (sans the deposit) and gave us a really nice room on the first floor so the kids could run around and not be above anyone. The rooms are large and the entire hotel is very clean. I was super impressed with all the staff there. Everyone was friendly and took the time to stop and ask how the room was or to talk to the kids throughout the day.

We got up every morning to a hot breakfast with waffles, eggs, toast, bagels, cereal and more. The food was good too. We also opened the door to the daily newspaper at the door and were given access to USA Today online for our entire stay.

This is a quiet hotel with lots of room to stretch out while you are there. It is close to stores, restaurants and the highway. Overall, a great place to stay with a very nice atmosphere.

Oh, if you go there, check out the baby alligators that they have in the lobby. The kids spent as much time as we allowed sitting in front of that tank, watching and learning a little about this cool critters.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
cspalmbay, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Palm Bay, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Also that the kids loved our little baby gators, they are pretty awesome to watch. We hope to see you again the next time you're in town.

Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

I stay here very often, highly recommended, good breakfast and nice staff!!! Now the new thing is that they have baby gators in a fish tank and everybody loves them, its also right off 95 and in their parking lot there's a Texas road house restaurant which is a decent place to have a good meal.

• Stayed: September 2013
cspalmbay, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Palm Bay, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Thank you for staying with us every time you are in town. That makes us so happy to have you come back each time. Our baby gators are the new thing, thank you for letting everyone know about them and how much everyone loves them. We can't wait to see you again.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

The hotel was clean and quiet. Especially for how close to the freeway it was. The staff was polite and helpful with all our questions. The only negative I have is the water pressure for the shower was poor.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for staying with us. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay. Please be sure to let front desk know when something is not right with your room so we can fix it right away. We hope to see you again the next time you are in town. Thank you for the great comment.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

This year, my congregation sensed the need for me to have a comfortable place to study, sleep, sermonize, and meet with them since I travel from South Florida to Central Florida. With two big rooms, a refrigerator, microwave, and all important wi fi service, I can serve my people at a home away from home. Clean, courteous and friendly there are other features to this place too numerous to mention

Room Tip: Ask for coupon for nearby steakhouse and get 10% off your meal
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your great comment and we are so glad you were still able to serve your people during your stay here with us at the Palm Bay Comfort Suites. Hope to see you again the next time you're out this way. Have a great day.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

This place was quiet for being right off the interstate. Checking in was a bit of a disappointment, but probably my fault for trying to get the room that I had reserved a bit early 2:00. They put me into a queen instead of the king, no big deal, but worth mentioning.
The staff was very friendly.
There was a "managers happy hour" on the night that I was there that was staffed by I suspect a Manager and an Assistant Manager, I'm not sure, they never introduced themselves. They obviously knew several of the guests, maybe 10 of them by their first names. These guys are doing some work somewhere in the area, and apparently always stay at this hotel when they can.
So why does this place get a 3 instead of a 4 or a 5? The happy hour gang had a couple of loud, not drunk, loud guys, who insisted on cussing. That didn't bother me at all, but when I saw a family checking in with young kids, somebody should have stopped these guys from cussing, either someone from their group, or one of the managers. Actually, one of the managers did say something, but it didn't stop the cussing. I saw 2 options here, move the happy hour to a meeting room, or close it down, neither happened. The stories they were telling were amusing, real life experiences, but they were over the line in the atmosphere that we were in, the hotel lobby.
Breakfast, eh, nothing all that impressive, but then again I'm not much of a breakfast person.
Location was behind a steak house, which happened to supply the bbq and rolls for the happy hour, the bbq was good. There is a strip mall next door with a Big Lots in it. Came in handy when I needed a lint roller. There is also a bar there, across the parking lot, the happy hour gang knew all too well.

Room Tip: I asked for something not facing the highway.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
#12 of 22 in Melbourne
Tropical Inn Palm Bay
Tropical Inn Palm Bay
#5 of 5 in Palm Bay

Been to Comfort Suites Palm Bay? Share your experiences!