“Best Hotel Experience I Have Had Recently” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Comfort Suites Palm Bay

Comfort Suites Palm Bay
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Palm Bay
Cocoa Beach, Florida
“Best Hotel Experience I Have Had Recently”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2013

My wife, kids, and I spent ten days at this hotel and it was start to finish, the best hotel experience I have had in a long time. The day we arrived, I went to check in and had booked my stay on Choice Privileges Rewards Points, and this through a little wrench into things. The poor girl at the desk was trying to charge me a deposit (which I should not have when using points) but after a short discussion with her, she went and got the manager, Kacey.

Kacey took care of us and got our check in processed (sans the deposit) and gave us a really nice room on the first floor so the kids could run around and not be above anyone. The rooms are large and the entire hotel is very clean. I was super impressed with all the staff there. Everyone was friendly and took the time to stop and ask how the room was or to talk to the kids throughout the day.

We got up every morning to a hot breakfast with waffles, eggs, toast, bagels, cereal and more. The food was good too. We also opened the door to the daily newspaper at the door and were given access to USA Today online for our entire stay.

This is a quiet hotel with lots of room to stretch out while you are there. It is close to stores, restaurants and the highway. Overall, a great place to stay with a very nice atmosphere.

Oh, if you go there, check out the baby alligators that they have in the lobby. The kids spent as much time as we allowed sitting in front of that tank, watching and learning a little about this cool critters.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
cspalmbay, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Palm Bay, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Also that the kids loved our little baby gators, they are pretty awesome to watch. We hope to see you again the next time you're in town.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

I stay here very often, highly recommended, good breakfast and nice staff!!! Now the new thing is that they have baby gators in a fish tank and everybody loves them, its also right off 95 and in their parking lot there's a Texas road house restaurant which is a decent place to have a good meal.

• Stayed September 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
cspalmbay, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Palm Bay, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Thank you for staying with us every time you are in town. That makes us so happy to have you come back each time. Our baby gators are the new thing, thank you for letting everyone know about them and how much everyone loves them. We can't wait to see you again.
Everett, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

The hotel was clean and quiet. Especially for how close to the freeway it was. The staff was polite and helpful with all our questions. The only negative I have is the water pressure for the shower was poor.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for staying with us. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay. Please be sure to let front desk know when something is not right with your room so we can fix it right away. We hope to see you again the next time you are in town. Thank you for the great comment.
Boynton Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

This year, my congregation sensed the need for me to have a comfortable place to study, sleep, sermonize, and meet with them since I travel from South Florida to Central Florida. With two big rooms, a refrigerator, microwave, and all important wi fi service, I can serve my people at a home away from home. Clean, courteous and friendly there are other features to this place too numerous to mention

Room Tip: Ask for coupon for nearby steakhouse and get 10% off your meal
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your great comment and we are so glad you were still able to serve your people during your stay here with us at the Palm Bay Comfort Suites. Hope to see you again the next time you're out this way. Have a great day.
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

This place was quiet for being right off the interstate. Checking in was a bit of a disappointment, but probably my fault for trying to get the room that I had reserved a bit early 2:00. They put me into a queen instead of the king, no big deal, but worth mentioning.
The staff was very friendly.
There was a "managers happy hour" on the night that I was there that was staffed by I suspect a Manager and an Assistant Manager, I'm not sure, they never introduced themselves. They obviously knew several of the guests, maybe 10 of them by their first names. These guys are doing some work somewhere in the area, and apparently always stay at this hotel when they can.
So why does this place get a 3 instead of a 4 or a 5? The happy hour gang had a couple of loud, not drunk, loud guys, who insisted on cussing. That didn't bother me at all, but when I saw a family checking in with young kids, somebody should have stopped these guys from cussing, either someone from their group, or one of the managers. Actually, one of the managers did say something, but it didn't stop the cussing. I saw 2 options here, move the happy hour to a meeting room, or close it down, neither happened. The stories they were telling were amusing, real life experiences, but they were over the line in the atmosphere that we were in, the hotel lobby.
Breakfast, eh, nothing all that impressive, but then again I'm not much of a breakfast person.
Location was behind a steak house, which happened to supply the bbq and rolls for the happy hour, the bbq was good. There is a strip mall next door with a Big Lots in it. Came in handy when I needed a lint roller. There is also a bar there, across the parking lot, the happy hour gang knew all too well.

Room Tip: I asked for something not facing the highway.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank traveling_fiber_guy
Hamilton, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013

Welcomed by a smile at the front desk and it only got better. All the staff were exceptional and helpful. The room was very nice, bed extremely comfortable. Breakfast had a very good variety and hot offering changed daily. The location next to 95 and the easy access to beaches made this an ideal get away. Close to shopping, restaurants. Would definitely return.

Room Tip: 5th floor end of hallway, quiet and nice views when you're opposite the freeway side
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
cspalmbay, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Palm Bay, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
We are so glad you enjoyed your stay here with us at the Palm Bay Comfort Suites. Glad you liked everything from the staff to the beds. We hope to see you again soon and thank you for kind comments. Have a great day!
Chandler, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

My husband was staying at this hotel for business and the boys and I decided to come meet him there for the weekend. He had a King bedroom with queen pull out couch so we thought it would be great for the 4 of us. The mattress on the pull out bed is extremely thin! We checked with the hotel staff and there were no additional pads/covers to put on the bed to make it more comfortable. Both of our boys weigh less than 65 pounds and were complaining about the springs hurting their backs. Needless to say, they didn't get much sleep. If you are traveling with children, make sure to get a room with 2 queen beds so everyone gets a good night sleep. The air conditioning unit is noisy in the room. If you are a light sleeper, this would also be a concern.

Room Tip: Choose a room with 2 queen beds if you have children with you.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
The comfort of our guest is very important to us and we are very sorry to hear this. We will do our best to work this issue out. Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. Thank you and have a great day.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Palm Bay
Tropical Inn Palm Bay
Tropical Inn Palm Bay
#4 of 5 in Palm Bay
Fairfield Inn & Suites Melbourne Palm Bay/Viera

Been to Comfort Suites Palm Bay? Share your experiences!