A friend and I stayed here during the Blue Crab Festival Memorial Day Weekend. The room was a little more expensive than normal due to the holiday weekend. Reservations were great. I asked for a ground floor room with a river view and that is exactly what we got. We stayed for 3 nights. Check-In was a breeze. The first night, an overhead leak developed in our bathroom. As it was a holiday weekend and the hotel was full, we expected to be told they would call a plumber and someone would be by our room as soon as they could reach someone. Instead, the night auditor apologized profusely, asked if we were okay and said she would come to our room in 5 minutes with keys to another room. She also offered to help us move. This was a much more customer service friendly solution versus having maintenance in and out of your room at 10:00 pm on a Friday night. We were worried we'd be moved to the second floor or given a parking lot view, but not so. She moved us to a room with an equally good view on the first floor.Our housekeeper was also very friendly and took good care of our room. So we give their customer service lots of points. Our view of the river was great from the beautiful sunrises to watching the sailboats and manatees.
This is an older property, but we slept great, had good hot showers and an a/c that worked perfectly over some very hot days. We also had a lovely time at the pool, but it could use some more umbrella tables and additional chairs. It was so popular Saturday, some people had to sit on the ground. Also, a lot of smokers and drinkers congregated there so more frequent clean up would have been nice.
Don't expect the Taj Mahal, but do expect a reasonably clean room, a beautiful view and personable service. We had a great time and we are planning to come back soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking the St Johns River, Quality Inn and Suites is located in the heart of historic downtown Palatka and just minutes away from area businesses such as St Johns River Community College, Putman Medical Center, Lafarge Gypsum, CSX, Georgia Pacific and Seminole Electric. The only hotel in Palatka offering a full service restaurant and lounge, on site catering, boat dock rentals and a gorgeous view of the St Johns River. Our on-site Beef'O Brady's has unlimited choices of delicious food and over 20 drinks on the tap. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Choice Hotels, Hotels.com, Expedia and Priceline so you can book your Quality Inn & Suites Riverfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quality Inn And Suites Riverfront
- Quality Inn & Suites Riverfront Hotel Palatka
- Quality Inn Palatka
- Palatka Quality Inn