“River View and Customer Service Are Top Notch” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Quality Inn & Suites Riverfront

Quality Inn & Suites Riverfront
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Palatka
Gainesville, Florida
“River View and Customer Service Are Top Notch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2014

A friend and I stayed here during the Blue Crab Festival Memorial Day Weekend. The room was a little more expensive than normal due to the holiday weekend. Reservations were great. I asked for a ground floor room with a river view and that is exactly what we got. We stayed for 3 nights. Check-In was a breeze. The first night, an overhead leak developed in our bathroom. As it was a holiday weekend and the hotel was full, we expected to be told they would call a plumber and someone would be by our room as soon as they could reach someone. Instead, the night auditor apologized profusely, asked if we were okay and said she would come to our room in 5 minutes with keys to another room. She also offered to help us move. This was a much more customer service friendly solution versus having maintenance in and out of your room at 10:00 pm on a Friday night. We were worried we'd be moved to the second floor or given a parking lot view, but not so. She moved us to a room with an equally good view on the first floor.Our housekeeper was also very friendly and took good care of our room. So we give their customer service lots of points. Our view of the river was great from the beautiful sunrises to watching the sailboats and manatees.

This is an older property, but we slept great, had good hot showers and an a/c that worked perfectly over some very hot days. We also had a lovely time at the pool, but it could use some more umbrella tables and additional chairs. It was so popular Saturday, some people had to sit on the ground. Also, a lot of smokers and drinkers congregated there so more frequent clean up would have been nice.

Don't expect the Taj Mahal, but do expect a reasonably clean room, a beautiful view and personable service. We had a great time and we are planning to come back soon.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2014

We recently stayed here for a reunion. The all inclusive breakfast is simple but adequate. The hotel is very clean, the rooms are a good size, and the staff is accommodating andfriendly,
Beef O Bradys Restaurant is located at this hotel and the food is very good and reasonable No need to move your car to looke for good food. The location is ideal as it is situated on the river. Great atmosphere. Good value for your dollar.

Room Tip: The second floor is a quieter area.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Lake City, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2014

I recently stayed here for the annual Patriot Service Dogs Puppy Crop and it was wonderful. The grounds are beautiful and relaxing. We had no complaints at all. The free breakfasts were very good, evev the eggs which are often not good! We cropped in the large meeting room. It was a very nice stay. And their homemade loaded potato chips were a great reason to go back!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2014

I have family in Palatka, and whenever I visit them I stay at this motel.. The staff is amazing.. I've stayed in each section of the motel. I read some of the other reviews an I was amazed.. because on time my room wasn't up to par.. I called the front desk and not only did they change my room they upgraded me (free of charge) No questions asked! The staff is amazing and so is the breakfast! It's a a "real" Hot Breakfast! The only complaint that I have is that some of the decor is a little outdated.. I travel alot and for the price in other areas I normally get more.

Room Tip: River Side you will love the view
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank LouLouWorldTraveler
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2014 via mobile

Pleasant enough but needs attention. Really wouldn't be a big deal to do one room at a time. The view is gorgeous! Would probably rent alot more rooms if this place was spruced up. The location wasn't bad as we were visiting St. Augustine. The world of Golf was fantastic!

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Beaufort, South Carolina, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2014 via mobile

We stayed there during a busy weekend and the service was great. We had a river view room on the second floor near the pool. There were some loud intoxicated people near the pool around 5:30 am; however, the front desk person did a great job handling the situation quickly when I called.
This hotel is in walking distance from downtown, which is nice. The breakfast was good and the room was clean and comfortable. This was our second stay and we will definitely stay here again!

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Maggie R
Gary P, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Riverfront, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Dear Maggie R,

We are so thankful for your response! It let's us know when we're heading in the right direction and when we need to do a bit of tweaking. I'll definitely pass your thanks on to the night auditor.
We hope to see you soon!
Canton, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2014

I had a wonderful stay. I booked a king/ non smoking/ riverfront/second floor room. The room was great, the view was great and the staff and manager were extremely considerate and polite. The food, service and entertainment at the adjoining restaurant was exceptional and inviting. I was traveling alone and felt completely comfortable. I've stayed at many motels in the past 10 years and this really met all of my needs without ever leaving the motel. I need to mention that the reason for my trip to FL was because of a sad situation and yet, when I returned to Quality Inn Riverfront, I felt like it was my safe place away from home. Be sure to check out the wonderful included breakfast too. I was especially impressed with Beef O'Brady. The ribs are excellent, the service is great and it's just a nice place to relax and be entertained. If I ever need to return to Palatka, I would absolutely stay there again.

Room Tip: The second floor facing the river is a great choice.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Jan M
Gary P, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Riverfront, responded to this review, February 15, 2014
Dear Jan, We are so thankful for your positive review. We love when our guests are satisfied and feel at home. I will pass your kind comments to the rest of the staff and I'm sure they will join me in thanking you.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Palatka
Sleep Inn & Suites Palatka
Comfort Inn & Suites
#24 of 79 in St. Augustine
Quality Inn Elkton - St. Augustine South
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Saint Augustine North

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Riverfront? Share your experiences!