“All of your needs in one place.”

Quality Inn & Suites Riverfront
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Palatka
Canton, Ohio
“All of your needs in one place.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2014

I had a wonderful stay. I booked a king/ non smoking/ riverfront/second floor room. The room was great, the view was great and the staff and manager were extremely considerate and polite. The food, service and entertainment at the adjoining restaurant was exceptional and inviting. I was traveling alone and felt completely comfortable. I've stayed at many motels in the past 10 years and this really met all of my needs without ever leaving the motel. I need to mention that the reason for my trip to FL was because of a sad situation and yet, when I returned to Quality Inn Riverfront, I felt like it was my safe place away from home. Be sure to check out the wonderful included breakfast too. I was especially impressed with Beef O'Brady. The ribs are excellent, the service is great and it's just a nice place to relax and be entertained. If I ever need to return to Palatka, I would absolutely stay there again.

Room Tip: The second floor facing the river is a great choice.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Jan M
Gary P, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Riverfront, responded to this review, February 15, 2014
Dear Jan, We are so thankful for your positive review. We love when our guests are satisfied and feel at home. I will pass your kind comments to the rest of the staff and I'm sure they will join me in thanking you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Burlington, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel twice, in Sept 2013 and Jan 2014. I would stay again with no reservations. The staff will go out of their way to please you and make sure you enjoyed your stay. It has a beautiful view of the St. Johns River and is very quiet and clean...also affordable and convenient to fuel and dining. Love it!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank dianesmustang
Gary P, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Riverfront, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Dear Diane,
Thank you for your kind remarks. I have shared your review with my hotel staff and we at the Quality Inn and Suites in Palatka, FL are delighted that our hard work is appreciated. We are thrilled that you have chosen to stay with us on multiple occasions and hope that we see you in the future! It was truly OUR pleasure.
Raleigh, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2013

We were assigned a room in a building seperate from the main complex. I have read the positive reviews written by other guests. Possibly the rooms are nicer there. I can only say that the room we stayed in was filthy and it smelled horrible. The bathtub was stained and was absolutely gross. We will NEVER stay in this hotel again.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Gary P, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Riverfront, responded to this review, December 28, 2013
Mia49, Thank you for responding. We appreciate you for taking the time out of your day and for providing us with valuable feedback. We at the Quality Inn and Suites pride ourselves on our stringent quality control system and are dismayed that you found our room lacking. I can personally assure you that it won't happen again, and we hope that you will give us another chance. Please feel free to contact the hotel management directly.
Indian Harbour Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2013

stayed at this hotel 2 times last 30 days, will go back again without reservations on care.
Marianne (assist mgr) went out of her way to make all of us that went and stayed there for the
Wounded Warrior Project make wife and myself comfortable and 5 other boaters for the
WWP fishing tourney feel right at home. From Great service to good rates for the boaters
and making certain that we all had ground floor rooms next to the charging outlets, to
coffee available at 0430 and room service beyond compare. this trip that I just
completed was for personal reasons and still got the same great service. I know next trip
in December will go just as smoothly as the last two. Wife and I look forward to the Dec trip
although it will only be for one night.

YOU CANT GO WRONG STAYING HERE..

Paul & Mary

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Gary P, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Riverfront, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to respond to us about Marianne's excellent service skills! We at the Quality Inn and Suites in Palatka truly consider her an asset to our staff and we are glad you think so too. On behalf of all of us here at the hotel, we appreciate you and look forward to seeing you in December.
Clermont, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

Beautiful waterfront property on the St. Johns River. We stayed here for just one night on business. My husband had an appointment during the day, but I enjoyed working from our room and pool overlooking the river. My friends would be envious that view was from "my office"! There is a boat dock if you opt to come by boat or tow there and use the hotel as a home base. Rooms nice size, décor nothing special but it's all about the view. Breakfast ends at 9am, but there is a 1932 diner a short block away if you miss it. We look forward to going back on a pleasure trip so we can both enjoy the riverfront.

Room Tip: Riverfront is the best so you can enjoy the view from your room if the weather doesn't allow you...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank GwenL1
Gary P, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Riverfront, responded to this review, October 19, 2013
We appreciate you getting back to us and letting us know on how we are doing. Your response tells us whether we are taking care of our guest properly or not. We try to improve everyday based on guest comments.

Thanks again.
Lake Wales, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

Two of my children and myself stayed at this motel on Friday night October 4, 2013. We were in town to shrimp on the Saint Johns.

Our room was clean and well maintained. The TV reception was poor but had a lot of channels. However we did not watch much TV. We had a room facing the parking lot which I preferred since we had a boat with a lot of stuff on it. I noted the parking lot was fenced and a Palatka Police car was parked in the lot. Sometimes you see patrol cars parked in random locations but a lot of the time the car is a spare or extra car. This car was being used so I felt a little more secure. I think it helps keep the riff raff at bay if a marked patrol car is parked in sight, especially if the driver is nearby.

Anyway the motel is right on the Saint Johns river by the bridge in Palatka. There is a Beef O Bradys which we did not visit. There was a separate dining area where breakfast is served. There were waffles, toast, pastries, sausage and eggs. I did not enjoy the eggs or the sausage though. The breakfast attendant was very nice and on the ball.

I noted a boat dock and the motel clerk told me I could dock my boat but there was no way to launch at the motel. The clerk told me the Beef O Bradys was open to about 11 on weekends.
The pool looked nice but we did not have a chance to use it. I could see the fitness room which was very close to the pool.

I liked the screen on the breezeways which were a nice touch. You can see the screens in the outside picture I posted. That keeps the bugs at bay. Being on the river brings a lot of bugs.

Room Tip: I prefer to be able to see my boat so I like a parking lot view. However if you don't have that...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
usa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013

This is a deja vu motel from the 1980's. No great up-dates but everything very well maintained. Large, on-the-water dining room, perfect for groups or banquets and - from plaques - apparently used by several local civic clubs for meetings. Rooms are clean, spacious and comfortable. Even if you aren't lucky enough to get a room facing the river you can still stroll down there and have the nice option of sitting out and enjoying the evening. Traffic over the adjacent river bridge shrinks to nothing once the after work travelers are gone. We had two desk calls for service - both handled promptly and courteously. All-in-all a very pleasant place to stay.

Room Tip: Get a riverfront room if you can.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Palatka
Sleep Inn & Suites Palatka
#21 of 78 in St. Augustine
Days Inn ST. Augustine West
Days Inn ST. Augustine West
#66 of 78 in St. Augustine

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Riverfront? Share your experiences!