“Location, location, location!”

Quality Inn & Suites Riverfront
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Palatka
Reviewed December 1, 2012

Nice location on the riverfront. Staff was friendly and the price was just right. We stayed 3 nights. The room we stayed in fit our needs. Breakfast was very good...better than most free continental hotel breakfasts! Quiet during our mid-week stay. We felt safe in the area. My only complaint is there is no outdoor seating except in the pool area...would have been nice to just sit and watch the world go by down at the riverfront!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Gary P, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2012

Thanks for providing us a feedback regarding your recent stay at Quality Inn & Suites, Palatka. Everyday we accommodate many guests and try to make their stay comfortable and pleasant. By providing us a feedback, we learn where we needs to focus on.

I will certainly take your input into consideration about adding some more seating on the Riverfront.

Thanks,
Gary Patel

Reviewed September 15, 2012

we stayed at this hotel over the weekend. we came into the town for fishing. we were given a waterfrot suite by the pool. we were able to see our boat tied up to the hotel dock. the guest room was roomy, clean and comfortable. enjoyed the restaurant at hotel. we will be back in couple of weeks.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed July 29, 2012

This hotel was chosen as the site for my family reunion. In the first room we were given, the air conditioner broke down, so we had to switch rooms. In the second room we were given my wife discovered what looked like a bed bug crawling on her pillow as we got into bed. Within 2 hours of this we discovered that both of the beds in the room were crawling with bed bugs. So at 3 in the morning, we had to wake up all the kids and shower, get dressed and try to get some sleep in the lobby. The only reason we didn't leave right then and there is because our family reunion still had one day to go and we didn't want to leave without seeing everyone off. Based on reviews I found for this place, this isn't a new problem. When I called the manager, he apologized but said that all hotels have their problems. I couldn't believe that sad attempt at explaining away this completely unacceptable condition. To be fair, we were offered another room, but there was no way we were going to sleep in any other room after that experience. I will be contacting my credit card company and canceling any charge that originates from this hotel. Please advise anyone you know to stay away from this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank 84,905
Gary P, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2012

Hello, Sir/Madam

We are extremely sorry for this incident. We have taken this matter seriously and have Orkin treat the room for Bed Bugs. In their procedure they strip out from carpet to the beds and box springs and treat it so that not even their eggs left over.

If you are in the area next time, please give us one more opportunity to prove our Quality. We will try our best to make your stay enjoyable.

Thanks,
Gary Patel
General Manager.

Reviewed June 11, 2012

I have been at this hotel couple times on separate vacations and the facilities and amenities are exceptional. The service provided was perfect and the staff was very friendly and helpful. Has beautiful river wiew on site and the rooms were in great shape. I will definitly stay there again if I'm in the area.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Joe M
Reviewed May 29, 2012

we waited until we arrived to book a room but had called ahead and they had available rooms. when we walked in the room I went to staright to the bathroom and there was dried urine on the seat and all sorts of dirt..debris in the tub.. was so tired went to lay down and when I pulled the sheets back..SEVERAL spiders ran across the bed sheets.. called for a manager..they came about 30 mins later to clean the room.. was checking under the bed when we left for items,shoes etc.. there was old food under there.. not form our family but would never recomemend this hotel. I complained the next day at check out.. they did not seem overly concerned..

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank sandybeach1969
Reviewed March 21, 2012

Average motel located on the St. Johns river...rooms have an refrigerator along with an microwave and a decent sized flat screen t.v.....everything else is just standard....also included is a free breakfast which consists of eggs,sausage toast,waffles and cold cereals.....although you can also purchase a hot fresh cooked breakfast for an additional price....also on site is a Beef O' Bradys restaurant that we received decent service along with average food at...we give this motel 6 out of 10 stars....due to the filthy carpet along with other un-cleaned things in our room....FYI.....sunrises are a beautiful sight if you can get up early enough.....take a walk down to the dock and you wont be disappointed!

Room Tip: River Front
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 20, 2012

Over all, I very much liked the place and would stay there again.

I especially liked the beautiful view of the St. Johns river and the bridge from the hotel grounds. You are right on the banks of the river, and can walk out on to the dock. My room was parking lot side, but a river view room would have a great view.

The room was as expected for a two (out of five) star hotel. It was clean, had everything I needed, with not a great, but a decent bed. I slept well.

The free breakfast was a coupon for the separate but attached resturant that also overlooks the water. I was late rising and the coupon had "expired." However, the coupon was still good for a significant discount off the cost of my morning meal. That was a nice surprise.

Room Tip: If you like a room with a view, get one of the riverside rooms. As it is anywhere in Florida, whe...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Palatka
Sleep Inn & Suites
Days Inn St Augustine West
Days Inn St Augustine West
#69 of 79 in St. Augustine
Crystal Cove Riverfront Resort

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Riverfront? Share your experiences!