I've stayed in a few Quality Inns over the years but this one was ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE. It was more like a motel. The nicest thing about the hotel was the St. John River. The hotel is not an indoor hotel like I'm used to at the Quality Inns I've stayed in. It looks like a motel. The front desk person was friendly. The room was ok....the bed was descent. The sink was recently renovated but the bathtub and toilet was very old. The shower curtain hasn't been washed or changed in at least two months. The shower and the faucet in the bathroom was on at the same time when we took a shower, making the tub fill up really quickly. When we checked in, the bathroom had a slight urine smell. And it smelled like that the whole weekend. The toilet seemed to be clean but that urine smell lingered around. I am assuming the smell was coming from the shower curtain that needed changing. The complimentary breakfast is a a big fat JOKE. They had nasty cold muffin, dried up eggs and regular slice bread. There was no fruit. Every other QI I have stayed in has fruit, cereal, bacon, enough juice for the guest and waffle makers to make fresh waffles in the morning. QA Palatka should change the title of "complimentary breakfast" to "crapilimentary breakfast" because it was pure CRAP!!!
The area of the hotel wasn't bad but I wouldn't want to be caught in the middle of the night with car trouble. It just didn't seem safe. If you do stay in this hotel, I would suggest requesting a river view room because that is the only thing they have going for them. The hotel is not worth your money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking the St Johns River, Quality Inn and Suites is located in the heart of historic downtown Palatka and just minutes away from area businesses such as St Johns River Community College, Putman Medical Center, Lafarge Gypsum, CSX, Georgia Pacific and Seminole Electric. The only hotel in Palatka offering a full service restaurant and lounge, on site catering, boat dock rentals and a gorgeous view of the St Johns River. Our on-site Beef'O Brady's has unlimited choices of delicious food and over 20 drinks on the tap. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Choice Hotels, Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Quality Inn & Suites Riverfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quality Inn And Suites Riverfront
- Quality Inn & Suites Riverfront Hotel Palatka
- Quality Inn Palatka
- Palatka Quality Inn