“Very Disappointing!!!!- Nothing Like the Quality Inns I'm used to.”

Quality Inn & Suites Riverfront
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Palatka
Reviewed February 2, 2012

I've stayed in a few Quality Inns over the years but this one was ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE. It was more like a motel. The nicest thing about the hotel was the St. John River. The hotel is not an indoor hotel like I'm used to at the Quality Inns I've stayed in. It looks like a motel. The front desk person was friendly. The room was ok....the bed was descent. The sink was recently renovated but the bathtub and toilet was very old. The shower curtain hasn't been washed or changed in at least two months. The shower and the faucet in the bathroom was on at the same time when we took a shower, making the tub fill up really quickly. When we checked in, the bathroom had a slight urine smell. And it smelled like that the whole weekend. The toilet seemed to be clean but that urine smell lingered around. I am assuming the smell was coming from the shower curtain that needed changing. The complimentary breakfast is a a big fat JOKE. They had nasty cold muffin, dried up eggs and regular slice bread. There was no fruit. Every other QI I have stayed in has fruit, cereal, bacon, enough juice for the guest and waffle makers to make fresh waffles in the morning. QA Palatka should change the title of "complimentary breakfast" to "crapilimentary breakfast" because it was pure CRAP!!!

The area of the hotel wasn't bad but I wouldn't want to be caught in the middle of the night with car trouble. It just didn't seem safe. If you do stay in this hotel, I would suggest requesting a river view room because that is the only thing they have going for them. The hotel is not worth your money.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
Gary P, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2012

Hello, Sir/Madam

Thank you considering our hotel for your hospitality need in Palatka area. I would also like to thank you for providing us a feedback, which will tell us to make correction in cetain area that we are making mistakes on. I can gurantee that you or our fuure will have a great stay our hotel. We have implemented washing shower curtain on weekly bases, where we wash the curtains section by section and each room shower curtain get washed at least once a week. We have changed the anti slippery bathtub mat in all the rooms that was pilled off, which will eliminate any smells comes inside the bathroom. We have also started doing quality care procedure in the rooms, which includes going after each items and maintaining them. The restaurant also have been warned on your feedback and there will be enough items available in the breakfast area.

Once again, I am really sorry about any inconvinience you may have to face during your last stay at our hotel. Please, give us one more chance to prove the improvement we have done.

Reviewed November 6, 2011

I was travelling through Palatka and I decided to stay this Quality Inn because of its location and they have restaurant on hotel that way I dont have to drive out to eat. When I entered into the lobby, the lobby was full of people. I ask the front desk representative and she said there is a banquet going on in their meeting room. I got a room on the riverside, it was $10 more than the other view but when I woke up in the morning, it was a million dollar view. It was worth spending $10 extra to get waterfront room. The hotel look bit old from its structure but the room was clean and comfortable. I enjoyed the breakfast in the morning at their restaurant.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed November 5, 2011

It was really nice stay. Breakfast was excellent, friendly staff, rooms were very clean and beds were comfortable. Enjoy Beef 'O'Brady.

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed May 21, 2011

Once again we were out of time and the closest truckstop was 35 miles away. Desperate for a place to put 53ft of trailer we had 2 choices, Sleep Inn and Quality Inn.
Sleep Inn quoted 79.99 and Quality Inn quoted 89.99 with a 20.00 trucker discount.
Even though it was in the heart of town with a small parking lot there was a small dirt lot directly across the street. When we got there (fri. 6pm) there were 4 bobtails and a trailer already in the lot. Our trailer pretty much took the last spot so you might want to ask the clerk to look out the front door to see if there are any spots before you head over with a truck. The budget hotels in the area are discusting so pay the extra money.
If you ask for a street side room you can see your truck which is always a good thing especially in FL.
The staff was excellent. Very friendly, helpful and efficient. There was even FRESH coffee in the lobby at 5am when we checked out.
I can't comment on the breakfast because it didn't start until 7:00.
There was a restaurant and lounge on the premises but we didn't visit either.
The view on the river side of the building was beautiful but you're gonna pay more.
Our room was nice enough and pretty clean. The only issue I had was a couple stains on the bed spread and bed skirt. The sheets were clean and we had plenty of big fluffy pillows and a nice comforter.
All the rooms seemed to have a problem with the front doors sticking so everyone had to slam their doors but otherwise the place was pretty quiet.
We had a table and chairs, nice TV, fridge, microwave, coffee maker, hair dryer, iron and board all clean and in good working order. The airconditioner was a little loud when the compresser turned off but it worked well. The WIFI connection was very good.
The bathroom could use a little maintenance. The knobs were loose in the shower (NO tub) and you had to hold the tiolet handle down for a minute to get it to flush. However it was clean, well stocked and had plenty of HOT water (watch the kids) and decent towels.
All in all we had a comfortable stay.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank jjkeaton
Reviewed March 19, 2011

We stayed here one night as a go-between from Gainesville to Daytona Beach as we could not find a room in Daytona. Discovered on the way to the hotel (on backroads through old Florida which was nice) that the reason we couldn't find any rooms closer to Daytona was because of bike week. Arrived in the evening and drove around town after checking in, took us 10 minutes. We ended up back at the hotel restaurant as we couldn't find anywhere else suitable. The hotel restaurant is pretty much a bar and grill, but had a terrific bloomin' onion, I had a great salad and my hubby had a philly cheese steak and fries, very reasonably priced for all. We went to bed fairly early but didn't sleep because all of the other people who could not find rooms in Daytona were returning from bike week--all night long. The steady stream of bikes and loud voices continued through 3:30 am. Great breakfast buffet but the girl who was working it--by herself-- didn't seem too interested in keeping it stocked and the coffee pots full. The view of the river and bridge were outstanding, could have sat in the breakfast room and stared out at the water for hours. The room we had was a "suite" which was two hotel rooms, one with a bed and the other with a sofa. A bit much for two people. For the price it was worth it, love to be off the beaten path anyway.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 19, 2011

Sadly you pay for what you get, i have no complaints at all ,that i lived in palatka all my life now in duval,it's not the hotel it's the area the hotel is in and so the staff has to completely make the best of the situation, i truly believe it could be a beautiful hotel if it was in another location ,and around a different evironment.so i give this hotel the up most respect they don't have much to work with, but they are doing a great job keep up the good work.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 15, 2011

Stayed at this hotel for a wedding. Like my review title says, this is a place to sleep. Period. Average hotel. We would have stayed at the Best Western but we have a dog and this is the only pet friendly hotel we found. A little overpriced at $79 per night. Staff was friendly. I stayed on the parking lot side to save a few bucks however it was very loud from all the cars and motorcyles going in and out. I would pay the extra 10 bucks or so per night to stay on the Riverview side. Great view and much quieter. The cable tv sucked. I had to wiggle the cables as the picture went in and out. Bottom line, don't expect anything more than an AVERAGE hotel. You can probably find something in Palatka better for the same price.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jbdusf
Also consider these accommodations in or near Palatka
Sleep Inn & Suites Palatka
#19 of 78 in St. Augustine
Best Western St. Augustine I-95
Best Western St. Augustine I-95
#47 of 78 in St. Augustine

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Riverfront? Share your experiences!