“unsatisfactory”

Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Palatka
Palm Bay, Florida
“unsatisfactory”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

This inn was under renovation since Sept 12th, I stayed Oct 10,11,and12. The room wasn't very clean . The maid did not do a good job at all. The carpet in the room and the hall was stained in quite a few places. The breakfast was BADS. Hot foods were cold ,cold foods were tepid. selection was very limited. The help were to say the least unfriendly. Other than that it was a great experience, one I will never have again.
Ralph Hulls
Palm Bay Florida

Room Tip: Find a different place to stay
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Corrine J, Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Palatka, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Mr. Hulls,

It was a pleasure to be able to speak with you directly today regarding your recent stay in which you were not satisfied with. Again, I apologize sincerely regarding the issues you had during your stay and I wish I had the opportunity to correct things for you prior to your departure. As you stated you have stayed here several times before for the Blue Grass Festival and so you know that this visit was out of our normal. I have taken the time to research all the issues you had addressed and express my thoughts and opinions with you.
Although you stated very clearly that nothing would make you want to return I have refunded you for one night room and tax. Again, the offer is always on the table if you would like to return to the hotel again and stay as my guest. I can assure you a different experience. As I mentioned the hotel is currently remodeling to the new Sleep Inn Re-Fresh standards and will be for some time. Everyone at the hotel extends our apology to you and your wife and we hope to see you again soon.

Best Regards,
Corrine Johnson, CHA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Palm Harbor
Reviewed October 2, 2013

For a budget hotel this place is wonderful. The rooms are large, the beds are comfortable, breakfast is included and so are the Otis Spunkmeyer cookies. The room has coffee, a microwave and a micro fridge. There is even a pool. The staff is wonderful and accommodating. We knew we would be out late and jokingly asked the night clerk to save us some cookies and much to our surprise she did. The only down side is the walls are a bit thin. But the price more than made up for that. We did not plan to sleep in. So hearing the others waking up did not bother us too much.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Corrine J, Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Palatka, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! We appreciate your dedication and loyalty to the Choice Family! We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Worst experience ever. Refrigerator did not work and could not be replaced. Room Telephones did not work. No discount to bill was offered.
Do yourself a favor and stay away. Never again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Stay at the Holiday Inn Express!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Corrine J, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Palatka, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
I am writing in response to your review you had posted and I do apologize first and foremost that your experience at our hotel was less than you expected. Our goal is to ensure every guest has a great experience while visiting us and if a problem arises we have the opportunity to make it right. I would like the opportunity to speak with you directly and make it right. We value everyone's business and their choice to stay with us for their lodging needs in Palatka. Unfortunately I do need additional information in order to research your stay more and have the chance to address the errors with my staff. We use all the feedback we receive as training tools to ensure things like this do not happen again. If you could please contact me directly at 386-325-8889 or by email I would love the opportunity to speak with you.

Again I apologize for any problems you had during your stay here and I hope to speak to you in the near future.
Gulf Breeze, Florida
Reviewed September 16, 2013

We rented several rooms and a conference room for our business trip. The rooms were comfortable and clean. The hotel staff went over and beyond to make our stay comfortable, including equipping our conference room with microwave and refrigerator to meet our needs. They set up additional tables and chairs, made additional space available when we had to meet with clients and were very attentive to our needs. We will definitely stay with them again on our next trip to Palatka.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Corrine J, Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Palatka, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
April,

We appreciate your feedback. I am so glad to see my staff went above and beyond to help your group out. This is the way the Sleep Inn of Palatka shines; service! We look forward to seeing your group again in the future. Please do not hesitate to call if you need anything in the future.

Best Regards,
Clearwater, Florida
Reviewed August 29, 2013

The staff were very courteous and helpful. I arrived early and they were very accommodating letting me check in a bit early so I could get to meetings I had that afternoon. The room was clean and the amenities were very good. The air conditioning worked well and I have no problems with the internet. The grounds were clean and overall the stay was very enjoyable. I had been in New Orleans earlier in the week and was somewhat exhausted but the stay here helped relieve the tiredness and I was able to hold the meetings I was involved in and felt good afterwards.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Corrine J, Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Palatka, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete review our hotel online regarding your recent stay with us.

Sleep Inn & Suites
386-325-8889
Brooksville, Florida
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Check-in was fast, front desk employees were helpful and knowledgeable about the area. Breakfast had hot food and a large selection of healthier choices. Bed was comfortable, shower and a/c were fantastic. We had issues with the tv and maintenance arrived quickly to fix it. We stayed 3 nights and no problems. Loved the fact they had walk in showers instead of tub showers. Had friends that booked at the same time and bragged how good everything was.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed April 11, 2013

My husband and I stayed in 12 different motels over a two week period. This was definitely number one! The staff was warm, friendly, helpful, and accommodating. Others apparently had the same opinion as they were coming in from the coast to stay here. There had been a bikers convention in Daytona Beach. Quite a few came from there to stay here. The price was surprisingly inexpensive. The beds were very comfortable; supportive but not hard. The breakfast had a very wide variety of everything you can imagine for a good breakfast. We were so surprised. So much for so little. This place will be full every night if they keep up the good work. Clean and well kept!

Room Tip: Can't go wrong here!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Palatka
Quality Inn & Suites Riverfront
Crystal Cove Riverfront Resort
Best Western Inn Of Palatka
Best Western Inn Of Palatka
#1 of 7 in East Palatka

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites Palatka? Share your experiences!