“Perfect old fashioned diner - an institution”
Review of Angel's Diner

Angel's Diner
Ranked #5 of 67 Restaurants in Palatka
Cuisines: American, Diner
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Reviewed June 8, 2014

Angel's is an institution in Palatka. I remember going there as a teenager to get hamburgers at 1am because it was the only place open all night in the little town of Palatka. It's under different management now than back in the 1970s, but they've kept things the same. This is the classic southern diner, serving basic southern food, lots of it fried and high in calories, and proud of it. If you want nouveau cuisine, go somewhere else. If you want a great old fashioned breakfast, or a superb hamburger with lots of flavor, and a bit of grease, this is your place - and all for pretty a great price, considering their fame. This is by far the oldest diner in Florida and has been featured in tons of magazines, including Southern Living. A true classic and I still go there whenever I'm back in my hometown.

1  Thank John J

Reviewed May 29, 2014

My husband and I stopped at Angels during Palatka's Memorial Day weekend Blue Crab Festival. Angels had a hamburger special for the three day festival. We had wanted to try Angels because it is a Palatka landmark and we heard the food was good.
The restaurant is a small dining car. I had a grilled cheese that was a little dry. My husband had a patty melt that he said was very good. We shared a basket of onion rings that were made fresh but lacked seasoning. They were not from the freezer.
Even though my grilled cheese was just okay, the food coming out of the kitchen looked really good so we will try Angel's again.
The service was a little slow but nothing to complain about for a busy day.

1  Thank WilBAR5
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Angels provides a touch of the past with an ever current taste of a great burger and fries!
Wonderful, friendly service. I highly recommend trying this place.

1  Thank Timmie_12
Reviewed May 28, 2014

We where there for a show five of us ordered and gave them our booth numbers (sure we will deliver) says the waitress that took our order ........................ and hour later we call and they said Oh we dont deliver to where you are (literally we were on the next block)! So three of us went over our food had been sitting there for an hour and 15min needless to say all was cold and instead of rushing us and order because of their mistake they said it would be another hour and a half! HA HA HA ya right no thanks!! We took our $80.00 somewhere else!!! Pitiful values these folks have!!!

Reviewed May 27, 2014

We stopped by this nostalgic diner for breakfast. It is pretty small, and seats maybe 30 people. It was full when we arrived, but a table quickly opened up and we were seated, ordered and received our drinks, and placed our order. An hour and 20 minutes later, yes, 80 minutes, we were served our food; omelets, hash browns, and toast. There was plenty of wait staff and they were very friendly and accommodating, but it appeared they were more frustrated with the kitchen than we were. A table would be served and they would be just about finished eating before the next order came out. The locals just seemed to take it in stride. The food was fine. We might go back, but if there are more than a few people, we are headed to the fast food joints.

Been to Angel's Diner? Share your experiences!