“Old time diner that gets it right”
Review of Angel's Diner

Angel's Diner
Ranked #7 of 65 Restaurants in Palatka
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Brunch, Late Night, Lunch, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Homosassa, Florida
“Old time diner that gets it right”
Reviewed September 22, 2012

Had lunch there on a Saturday afternoon. This is a traditional railroad coach diner, not a Jersey-style Greek diner (different style, don't read any ethnic slam into that description). Food is the basic burger, fries and shake. Prepared very well. Big plus is the very friendly staff that make you feel right at home. They treat newbies and old time regulars as friends. You may not want to eat here on a regualr basis if you are watching the waistline and it is an old diner so the pretentious won't enjoy it, but for a basic ols time diner experience, do a side trip to Palatka.

• Visited September 2012

Ocala, Florida
“Awesome little Dining Car "Great Food"”
Reviewed September 18, 2012

I've been eating at Angel's off and on for the last 20 yrs. when I pass thru Palatka they have always had great food, and I have to say that I just recently went thru and had to stop and have a burger and some onion rings. There hamburger platters are to die for and just as good as they ever were,the waitress are always sweet and charming with wonderful service. The prices are still reasonable as well.You should stop and try them out if you ever happen to go thru Palatka, Fla. Thanks, Angel's Diner for a great and satisfied meal with great atmosphere to boot!!!!

Branford, Florida
“Angel's on Two Wheels...”
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Four of us older generation motorcyclists made a point of going to this historic 1932's diner since it was started just 3 years before I was born. For me, the nostalgia alone was worth the trip but when you add good food and service at reasonable prices, our visit was a nice trip down memory lane. It's been a looooong time since I have eaten at a "real" diner and this one is a perfect example. We will go back for sure as it is only 90 miles from our home.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“We wasted 30min of our trip!”
Reviewed August 12, 2012

We arrived at 6:30. I order chiken strips for my kids and my husband order a hamburger. We got our drinks and after 25 minutes I asked the waitress how much longer on our food. She said 20 more minutes.... I told her we had been there 25 min. She said she would check. She walked by us 10 more times ( we sat at the counter ) she never said a word to me. Finally I asked if I could pay for drinks and leave. They asked what did I order? I told her again....this time she asked the cook and he said he had just gotten the ticket.
Interesting....I am feeling like a outsider that they never had intention to serve. Keep your hick town and stay away from a real city. Never passing by this backward town again!

1 Thank baileyparty
“Perfect burgers and what a great value!”
Reviewed August 12, 2012

Stopped in while staying for the weekend. The hand made burgers and onion rings are fabulous! The waitress let us sample their signature drink (pusalo) and it was yummy. The diner is very charming and we enjoyed our lunch. they serve breakfast too and I am sure it is just as great.