“Good BBQ”

Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed July 28, 2013

I had the combo plate, and it offered a good selection of the menu. The food was well prepared though the chicken was a bit dry for my liking. The ribs were fantastic. Service could have been better, but maybe it was just my server, as i saw other servers running and being attentive... mine: not so much.

I'd go back there in the future and hope for a better server. And i'd avoid the chicken. But i'd go there for ribs for sure.

Felt it was a little over priced, but will try a different selection next time and see what happens.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

After an unexplained delay (waiting a while for what seemed like a shift change in the"drive-thru" line of an empty restaurant at 3 in the afternoon) I ordered a simple sandwich from the big deal menu with french fries. The turkey was luke warm. I recieved no napkins, no ketchup, no salt/pepper, & no smile. Will not return.

SonnysBBQ, Public Relations Manager at Sonny's BBQ, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2013

@Tyanne C, we are sorry to hear about your experience at our drive-thru. Please email us at Social@SonnysBBQ.com so that we can better address the issues you encountered. We hope you can give us another chance.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

Sonnys is not for authentic bbq fans. Boring menu, small portions for the price, meat and sides taste unfresh. The palatka store has some of the dumbest workers who can't even speak proper English. They charge extra for BBQ sauce...and it's a bbq restaurant. But if you don't pay the extra for sauce, you get dry, overcooked, fatty lowgrade meat. Other Sonnys in bigger cities who have halfway decent people working in it taste better than Palatka. Don't waste your time or money. They are also the slowest drive thru in town.

SonnysBBQ, Public Relations Manager at Sonny's BBQ, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

We are sorry to hear about your experience, @Lori Y. Please contact us at Social@SonnyBBQ.com so that we can better address the issues you have mentioned. We appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

I have been here numerous times. Service is always good. One previous reviewer posted that they don't sell sandwiches any more....that's news to me because they are still on their menu. Always love their large tea and they always offer for you to take one with you.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

Great food but I like to get a sandwich and baked beans (which are awesome). Was so shocked last week when I went thru the drive through and ordered my usual. They don't sell sandwiches anymore, are you kidding me? Won't go back, unless I need to get their beans for dinner on the ground at church one day!

Been to Sonny's BBQ? Share your experiences!