“Good Business Hotel”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Palatka Northwest
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Palatka
Reviewed October 16, 2013

I won't go into a lot of detail about the hotel itself. If you have ever stayed at a Holiday Inn Express you have already stayed at this hotel. Aren't they all pretty much the same? It is the same hotel layout, the same room, the same breakfast etc., I However I did have a good experience here that speaks well for the management of this particular hotel.

Having good internet connectivity really matters for most of us business travelers these days. After check in, I had work to do and logged into the hotel WiFi. It wasn't good. Super slow and hung up a lot. I complained in person to the nice lady at the front desk who seemed to be very concerned. She reset the hotel's routers, but still no good. My room phone rang and it was someone from the IT company that supports this hotel. He quickly did something and I was set after that. The front desk even called back to confirm all was well.

We will be returning to Palatka regularly for some time. We will always make this nice little hotel our first choice.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Palatka Northwest

Reviewed October 6, 2013

I don't get to travel to Palatka very often and when I do, I always wonder what kind of hotels might be in this rural area. I then find the 'only' real place to stay is this Holiday Inn. Each time I've returned, I'm duly impressed how the management keeps up the hotel. Very clean, comfortable, modern rooms. Friendly staff, this hotel, near restaurants and highway access is the place to stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 27, 2013

This was my third stay at the northwest side HI in Palatka. The staff has been consistently friendly and helpful; the rooms have been consistently clean; and, the breakfast has been consistently impressive for a hotel-supplied free meal. The only negative is that you will get some noise/music on weekend nights from the dive next door, but not enough to keep you awake.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 20, 2013

Wanted a nice, clean hotel close to Ocala National Forest on the North end. We didn't mind the drive to the South end of the Forest as we didn't wish to stay in a campsite cabin etc. Very clean. Staff is friendly & efficient, will stay here again. Hotel is only around 3 years old. Housekeeping staff was friendly and gave great service... clean room.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I had a pleasant time stay. Only for one night but i will def stay again. I needed more towels and they we kind to give as many i needed. the staff is so polite and welcoming. The rooms are nice, roomy, clean and well maintained. Very much recommended.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 3, 2013

I have stayed here a few times over the last 2 years but this is my first time reviewing the property. I'm always in town during the maintenance outage for the local paper mill so the hotel is always packed during my stays. The staff does a good job with all the people at breakfast and keeping the breakfast bar stocked. The front desk staff is very friendly. This is a newer HIE so it has the outlets in easy to reach places.

In addition, I never have a problem doing a late checkout if my work schedule changes.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Arriving quite late on a Sunday evening, June 9, 2013 after a long drive from New Orleans through torrential downpours I was quite exhausted. Pulling into this hotel the parking lot was relatively empty with only about 10 cars total in the large parking lot in the front of the building. This building must be relatively new or in great repair it seemed to be freshly painted and in great overall shape. The front desk person had somewhat of a German accent which startled me a bit but she was incredibly friendly even welcoming me as an IG H member when checking in. The lobby felt fresh and modern and well lit. On one of the trips back to gather more luggage from the car I took a peek at the pool area and breakfast area which both seem to be quite nice breakfast area seemed to be on par with some of the Hiltons and Marriott’s I’ve stayed in the past year.

The rooms also had a modern feel. We had two queen beds, flat-panel HDTV, small microwave oven, and a small fridge talked up in the cabinet. There was also a sitting/dining/office area with a phone and RJ-45 jack along with an empty power outlet. The closet area had six wooden hangers, three extra pillows and ironing board and an iron. The bathroom was quite a nice surprise and rivaled that of more expensive hotels with nicely tiled floors, a well lit vanity with granite countertops.

I slept comfortable with a darkness level of about a nine out of 10. The bed was comfortable and the sheets felt clean and fresh. A very cool feature of this hotel were pillow cases that were labeled with the type of pillow they contained (firm, soft, etc.) this meant that between the three of us we were able to get the pillows we needed for optimum sleeping comfort.

I haven’t stayed in a Holiday Inn for quite some time and I must say I was rather impressed. For those travelers out there who regularly stay in Hiltons or Marriott’s you may want to consider looking into a Holiday Inn on your next trip if they all rival this location. If I am ever traveling in this area again I will definitely return to this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank weirdave
Also consider these accommodations in or near Palatka
Hampton Inn Palatka
Quality Inn Elkton - St. Augustine South
Best Western St. Augustine I-95
Best Western St. Augustine I-95
#46 of 78 in St. Augustine

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Palatka Northwest? Share your experiences!