“Suburban Gem”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Sfuso - CLOSED

Sfuso
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean, Australian
Good for: Families with children, Scenic view, Local cuisine
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Sfuso is a small family owned and operated restaurant situated on the magnificent waterfront of Blackmans Bay just 15 minutes south of Hobart. The cuisine is a blend of Italian, Mediterranean and modern flavours utilising fresh local produce. The menu begins with a large range of antipasti plates followed by handmade pasta dishes, traditional pizza and regular specials such as eye fillet steak, roast duck and local fish. The wine list is ever changing with an emphasis on Tasmanian and European producers. Bookings are recommended.
“Suburban Gem”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

Compared to all other venues in Kingborough, this is tops for atmosphere. I understand it's even better on Sundays with the live music but haven't had the experience yet.
Fabulous service and while it's BYO, they have a very well thought out wine list - with good prices.
The food was exceptionally well presented and worth the price charged.
All up, a very good Italian style restaurant in a municipality starved of quality.

Visited April 2014

Mylor Bridge, Falmouth
“Doesn't get better than this!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2014

Honest, delicious, imaginatively cooked, fresh locally sourced ingredients. Great atmosphere, varied menu choices - including Orange Crispy Duck to die for! We went for daytime coffee as well as dinner a couple of times during our very short time in Blackman's Bay and wish we could transport the charming staff as well as the restaurant with us!

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank Toops B
Hobart, Australia
“Great Food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

This is a great little place, and I never knew it was there! We only discovered it when a friend went for their staff break up. Good was great and good sized meals, not too big not too small. We all shared two entrees between 4 of us and was perfect. If I could pick anything to complain about I would have to say they might have needed another staff member on the floor. The waitress was so lovely and really good at her job but she was really the only person there in the packed restaurant. She did a great job :)

1 Thank Neanz29
Hobart, Australia
“So pleased that is a local to me....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2014

I shifted to Blackmqn's Bay 6 months qgo and have eaten my way around the local area. Sfuso is the best on offer, amongst some rather high-class competition, so I keep coming back. Sunday nights with the live (unobtrusive) acoustic music are my favourite. The food is always spot-on, and always interesting specials. It is sometimes very busy and the service gets a little overwhelmed but hey, not too badly. These people are great respecters of seafood, (my industry) and portion sizes are never miserable. They always seem to make the night feel special. The beetroot salad is just so much better than I ever thought a beetroot salad could be. Great wine list, Tassie emphasis, fair pricing. I am delighted and lucky to have this place just down the road.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Mike F
Kingston, Australia
“Bayside Beauty”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

This was our second visit, first for dinner. It was easy to book a table. Walking into a beautifully warm restaurant to take the chill off was so pleasant. Food yet again was delicious, so simple and full of flavour. The eye fillet was cooked to perfection. The selection of pizzas is fantastic too. We have to return just to try different ones. Staff were great, always helpful and attentive. We will be going again.

Visited March 2014