“Excellent. Staff also happy to assist with some menu changes.”
Review of Sfuso - CLOSED

Sfuso
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean, Australian
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Sfuso is a small family owned and operated restaurant situated on the magnificent waterfront of Blackmans Bay just 15 minutes south of Hobart. The cuisine is a blend of Italian, Mediterranean and modern flavours utilising fresh local produce. The menu begins with a large range of antipasti plates followed by handmade pasta dishes, traditional pizza and regular specials such as eye fillet steak, roast duck and local fish. The wine list is ever changing with an emphasis on Tasmanian and European producers. Bookings are recommended.
Hobart, Australia
“Excellent. Staff also happy to assist with some menu changes.”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

We are locals. First time we went to Sfuso was early January. The owner recommended the home salted sardine pizza. I loved it. Still love it. Crave it. My husband and 2 teenage boys also love the food and order a different main course each time. We have been back a number of times and also picked up takeaway pizzas.
Busy day today for them. They had about a 30 minute gap with no pizza bases. Alas..... I could not have my pizza....I ordered eye fillet and it was cooked as ordered and lovely. My vegetarian son ordered a few changes in a pasta dish and commented that they should include his version on the menu. My husband had the salmon from the specials board. Also good. Thanks to Matt and staff. I will be back soon. Yes! Real soon. You guys do an amazing job. Hot days at the beach bring so many more people . All staff still had that smile and great customer service.

2 Thank Michelle A

Tasmania, Midway Point
“Beautiful location and a wallop of flavour”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Loved the place, can recommend the outstanding Duck with sweet potato, zuchinni and preserved lemon. My partner got the Porco (pork belly) Pizza, and whilst that was good for a pizza, there's only so much you can do with pizza really, I'd recommend a pasta or other main course as there's so many flavoursome dishes.

The dessert menu looked mouthwatering too

4 Thank RikkiSowtz
Hobart
“Sfuso is Sfun.”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

I wrote a review a review on Sfuso before it's owner's fully stamped their mark on the Restaurant by giving it its new name. 'Sfuso'.
Everything that I wrote six months ago is still absolutely true. I think it's great. I think it's worth every inch of the short drive from Hobart to Blackman's Bay.
This such a personal restaurant.
The owners love it, you can tell by their attitude.
The staff love it, they are enthusiastic, always pleasant, fun and helpful and the food is great.
This is beachside casual dining, Tasmanian style.
No pretension, just good honest food, well priced, served and eaten overlooking a beautiful beach.
The review I wrote back in August last year is absolutely how I feel about it today.
Brilliant.

4 Thank RoddyLimmer
Hobart
“top notch”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Took the visiting relatives-in-law here with our 4 month old. Food was great as was the service. No trouble at all with the little one. Spring bay mussels were a treat and my steak delicious.
Thanks guys.

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank bobdylansbeard
Hobart, Australia
“A good experience”
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Four of us met for an early dinner on a Sunday night a few weeks ago.

We were warmly met, and our order for drinks taken as soon as we sat down. Two of us chose the duck served on a bed of orange flavoured sweet potato mash which we both pronounced quite delicious. The steak was equally praised for its tenderness and presentation. The prawn and fennel on bruschetta was beautiful, yummy.

Despite the fact that we found the music that night a tad too loud for our taste, and left before dessert and coffee, it was a very pleasant experience and well worth a visit. The owner and his staff were most attentive and we were surprised at a previous reviewer's comment that it was "terrible".

• Visited December 2012