“Beautiful location and a wallop of flavour”
Review of Sfuso - CLOSED

Sfuso
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Sfuso is a small family owned and operated restaurant situated on the magnificent waterfront of Blackmans Bay just 15 minutes south of Hobart. The cuisine is a blend of Italian, Mediterranean and modern flavours utilising fresh local produce. The menu begins with a large range of antipasti plates followed by handmade pasta dishes, traditional pizza and regular specials such as eye fillet steak, roast duck and local fish. The wine list is ever changing with an emphasis on Tasmanian and European producers. Bookings are recommended.
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Loved the place, can recommend the outstanding Duck with sweet potato, zuchinni and preserved lemon. My partner got the Porco (pork belly) Pizza, and whilst that was good for a pizza, there's only so much you can do with pizza really, I'd recommend a pasta or other main course as there's so many flavoursome dishes.

The dessert menu looked mouthwatering too

4  Thank RikkiSowtz
There are newer reviews for Sfuso

Reviewed February 14, 2013

I wrote a review a review on Sfuso before it's owner's fully stamped their mark on the Restaurant by giving it its new name. 'Sfuso'.
Everything that I wrote six months ago is still absolutely true. I think it's great. I think it's worth every inch of the short drive from Hobart to Blackman's Bay.
This such a personal restaurant.
The owners love it, you can tell by their attitude.
The staff love it, they are enthusiastic, always pleasant, fun and helpful and the food is great.
This is beachside casual dining, Tasmanian style.
No pretension, just good honest food, well priced, served and eaten overlooking a beautiful beach.
The review I wrote back in August last year is absolutely how I feel about it today.
Brilliant.

4  Thank RoddyLimmer
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Took the visiting relatives-in-law here with our 4 month old. Food was great as was the service. No trouble at all with the little one. Spring bay mussels were a treat and my steak delicious.
Thanks guys.

2  Thank bobdylansbeard
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Four of us met for an early dinner on a Sunday night a few weeks ago.

We were warmly met, and our order for drinks taken as soon as we sat down. Two of us chose the duck served on a bed of orange flavoured sweet potato mash which we both pronounced quite delicious. The steak was equally praised for its tenderness and presentation. The prawn and fennel on bruschetta was beautiful, yummy.

Despite the fact that we found the music that night a tad too loud for our taste, and left before dessert and coffee, it was a very pleasant experience and well worth a visit. The owner and his staff were most attentive and we were surprised at a previous reviewer's comment that it was "terrible".

2  Thank Alison T
Reviewed January 7, 2013

This was the second time my husband and I have been here for dinner. The first was with our children (10 & 15) plus three other teenages and this time just the two of us. The food both times was full of such fresh flavour. We were made very welcome by the friendly staff. Thanks for another great night. We will be back.

2  Thank Anna S