“EXCELLENT THAI FOOD”

The Blackwell Ox
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Blackwell Ox Inn and Holiday Lodge Park is a traditional, welcoming country pub, which serves food with a difference. We offer authentic Thai cuisine a range of light meals and hot baguettes, and traditional English fare, all freshly prepared and using local ingredients where possible.Privately owned and with considerable character and charm, it is an ideal venue for the discerning diner. We offer a friendly, cosy relaxed atmosphere, complete with open log fires where you can enjoy your meal.Our speciality is authentic Thai cuisine prepared on the premises by our resident Thai chefs. Traditional English fayre and a large selection of real ales is also available. A large, safe children’s adventure play area is available for the warmer months.
Reviewed April 24, 2014

We went to the Blackwell Ox for lunch on Easter Monday and was surprised how quiet it was. We have been regular visitors to the restaurant for many years and have never had a bad meal there. Having been to Thailand previously we have tasted authentic Thai food and the Blackwell Ox compares well. The waiters are always attentive and you tend to get your food fairly quickly. Monday was the first time we have been in since it was recently decorated. It looks good but the only criticism I have is that the lighting is still poor in the restaurant area. I will obviously return.

Reviewed April 17, 2014 via mobile

The place was so dark a set of miners lights would have helped. Staff were as helpful as stuff could be working in a mine. Starters of chicken sAtay were over cooked to burnt. Mains were fine but menu should have read " coconut milk with - prawn, chicken etc ". But anyways my main of prawn red curry came ...... With deep fried prawns in coconut and a few bits of other things. The fried rice was poor too. A real craggy stoggy affair - would return under sufferance / gun shot

1  Thank Giles W
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Have been a regular diner for over 12 years and can hand on heart say I have never had a bad meal. Excellent choice of Thai meals (even better at tea time special prices) and a good range of English meals.......all in a beautiful setting in the north York moors national park. You can even rent a holiday lodge in the rear gardens .......oh and the best tree house I have ever seen in a pub garden

Reviewed April 14, 2014 via mobile

1st can I say how on earth can people say that this is like Iceland frozen food....it is all prepared to order. We have been visiting for the past 10 years and are never disappointed....the happy hour prices are excellent value for money....good size portions with plenty of flavour....We gave visited Thailand on many occasions and can honestly say this is as good as it gets outside the country. I ask for mine to be spiced as they would in Thailand and they never fail.....Staff are great as well....Keep up the good work all...

1  Thank wishyou
Reviewed April 12, 2014

I hadn't been to the Blackwell Ox in ages and a friend and I decided to visit for their teatime special.

The location and setting is very unique, Thai food served in an old country pub.

We decided to get a sharing platter starter for two and we were both very disappointed with this as the food came it was very similar to poor quality and processed Iceland party food!

Not long after our mains came, we both opted for the beef and chicken stir fry with steamed rice, again the quality of the food was poor and was very bland however the portion sizes were decent.

Overall I wont be returning but do hope that things improve as this place used too be one of my favourite places to eat.

1  Thank JC1891