“Italian food that's like being home.”

Giovanni's Italian Restaurant & Pizzeria
Ranked #10 of 145 Restaurants in Oviedo
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Oviedo, Florida, United States
“Italian food that's like being home.”
Reviewed December 8, 2012

We've been going to Giovanni's for years, and think of it as a home base for going-out-for-Italian food. Always like their pizza, and entrees like Chicken Parm.

Visited March 2012

“Excellent food decent service”
Reviewed December 6, 2012 via mobile

I had the Pizza, my wife had the Philly Cheesesteak. The pizza was very good, though the dough was a little soggy by the end of the meal. However the flavor was top notch. The Cheesesteak was killer! As much as I liked the pizza, we both agreed the sandwich was even better! You would have to go to Philly to find better. A large group of students came in for a party, part way through the meal. The acoustics really carried the noise. The students were not out of hand, they were just a large group talking. The downside for us was service took a hit. We never got the plates for the bread, or the pizza. The food was slow in coming out, even though we ordered before the large group was seated. However it was definitely worth the wait, and we will come back on our next trip to Orlando.

Valley Park, Missouri
“Nice Italian Place”
Reviewed November 27, 2012

Good food, friendly service, salad, steaks and pasta liked by all the table. Very attentive wait staff. Nice wine list. Value priced.

1 Thank Economan1963
Panama City
“Best. Pizza. EVER!”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

The GPS will NOT bring you to Giovanni's. To find this Perfect Pizza Nirvana, tell the GPS you are looking for Publix. Giovanni's is next door to Publix, but if you want to grocery shop, you better do that first, because you are going to be miserably full when you leave. :)
Pizza is, by FAR, my favorite food. If I could eat nothing except pizza for the rest of my life, I would be perfectly happy . . . as long as it was Giovanni's pizza. Both my sons attend nearby UCF, and whenever I visit them, I can hardly wait to have my pizza fix.
The service is OK, determined mostly by which server you have and how busy they are, and the restroom is not a place you would go with forethought, but the pizza and cheesy bread more than offset anything negative you can think of.
Unfortunately I cannot tell you about any other menu items - because this is Perfect Pizza! I am not straying from the reason I came here.

1 Thank Michial
Orlando, Florida
“Best Italian near UCF”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I have lived in Oviedo,Fl for 20 years and I am originally from N.J.(so I know good Italian) This place has the best pizza and pasta dishes in the entire area. The bar staff is great and they have a super happy hour with $2.25 wines and $5. appetizers. Don't bother with any other Italian in the area because you can't do better than Giovanni's.