“Not your usual BBQ”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed March 20, 2013

I love to see places getting creative with BBQ. There are so many places serving your usual BBQ and it all tends to be the same. BonFires really is different. First of all there are 6 different sauces to try at your table and to be honest they are all good. I always try them all over and over again, but my favorite tends to be the Bourbon one. The staff is really friendly and the atmosphere is pretty cool. Menu selections are also great. Eating BBQ is not just about the meat and they know it. These guys have great bread, sauces, coleslaw and the hidden secret for me is the Sweet Potato Casserole. If you are in the Oviedo area try this place over any other chain restaurant. I have tried many items on their menu, but now I just love ordering pulled pork and using different sauces in every bite. Prices are also very affordable. Enjoy.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

Had lunch, servers very friendly and attentive. BBQ very good. Outdoor seating. Lots of TV inside. convenient location on Alafaya Trail.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Try the pitboss, my son's favorite, but make sure you have a big appetite. They make great burgers and very good pulled pork.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

The moist tender morsels that you can add six different flavors of bbq sauce to are wonderful. Never had pork and chicken so juicy and smoked. The fried okra as a side is great. They also serve fried green tomoatoes and corn nugget appetizers that are our favorites. The Oinker is a delicious melt of pork, bacon, and cheese that is worth driving the extra miles for. The kicken chicken melt is my second favorite.

Reviewed December 8, 2012

My son and I went to Bonfires to see what it was like. Woody's BBQ had been in the location for a long time, but finally gave up! Bonfires has a beachside hangout motif, with the pull-up covers over the bar-side seats and an area inside to sit down and have a meal. We sat and talked for a while over a couple of beers and had a good time. At some point, I'll have to bring the wife and see what the food fare is like.
It was nice, nicer than my visit to Woody's for sure. Worth a trip just to sit and talk for a while. Barkeeps were friendly (when aren't they?) and provided their own eye-candy "-)
Bonfires has a lot (24) of big flat-screen TVs, and makes a good place to eat and watch a football or basketball game. They also have regularly scheduled live concerts (see the web site at ' bonfiresoviedo.com '