“Poor Job! So Disappointed!”

Romano's Macaroni Grill
Ranked #62 of 155 Restaurants in Oviedo
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 12, 2013

At first, it was great because we did not have to wait for a table; it was not a busy night. One of the worker even sang an Italian opera, which was very pleasant. Then everything went downhill! The waiter, who looked like he is still in grade school, forgot about the bread basket; we had to remind him 3 times. Our dinners looked like "slops." My husband's linguine was clumped and uncooked. The mussels' shellfish on my son plate were not "opened," so I knew that it was not completely cooked. My own greasy plate of penne almost slid off the plate as the "boy" waiter placed it in front of me! Gross! He finally said, "oh, I can bring out the bread now if you like." And, "sorry, we have a new cook." I did not eat the penne. My son was sick to his stomach afterward, and my husband swore we will never go there again.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

I’ve been to Romano’s Macaroni Grill many times in several cities, but it never occurred to me to write a review – no bad experiences, but nothing great, either. A few changes they’ve made this summer prompt me to write this review.
First is the half-price wine all day every day – by the glass or bottle -- for the summer. Since my wife and I can consume a bottle of wine at a meal out, this constitutes a considerable savings. Second, we’ve come to appreciate their new Tapas menu, small appetizers at two for $9. But they’re not that small. At our last visit we split plates of zucchini fritti and chianti sausage with crispy potatoes. On another visit we had spicy ricotta meatballs and pesto shrimp and avocado costini. It both cases, the tapas were enough to satisfy both of us, along with a bottle of Santa Margherita Pinot Grigio.
So if you want to take advantage of the savings on wine, get to Romano’s by August 15 – that’s when this promotion ends.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

This is not the typical "American/Italian" red sauce festival that you normally find in chain restaurants. Great food and fast friendly service. The only glitch was a minor one; the sauce on the lobster ravioli was a bit too thin (but still very tasty) Highly recommended!

Reviewed May 13, 2013

Our waiter was a young gentleman who was very helpful. He answered many questions, and even put my leftovers in the box for me. Generally, just a great waiter. The food was very warm for the most part. I liked the atmosphere pretty much. I might return. I din't like the pizza much...but I tried other meals my family ordered and it all tasted fine.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

Pros: Not Crowded At Lunch, Predictable Menu With Reasonable Prices
Cons: Can Be Dark Inside, Spotty Service

This was my third visit to this location for a business lunch. In the area, it's a good choice, especially on Fridays when many places are crowded.

The food is typical Italian fare; most will find something that they like for lunch, from salads, pasta, pizza, and entrees. I had a Bib and Blu salad with Chicken Parmesan on this visit. Overall the food was good, and the meal was quite filling. Macaroni Grill serves the meal with fresh-baked bread and olive oil.

There are, in my opinion, only two downsides to this location. First, it can get fairly dark inside. Even at noon on a sunny Florida day, it's a little dark. Secondly, the service is spotty. It's a little surprising since they aren't typically that busy at lunch, but my experience is that at least once during your meal you will look for the waitress and see no one around.

If you are ready for these two downsides, this can be a great lunch selection where you need to linger and have some real discussion - the atmosphere definitely works for these occasions, as does the paper on the tables, where we have made our share of doodled explanations. Hopefully they can add a little more light to the dining room one day, but I'll still be back.