“Great Italian Dinning”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Romano's is as always a great experience. The Penne pasta is my favorite. Its important to note that they get very busy on the weekend so call ahead. The wine selection is wonderful. And that olive oil for the bread mmmm.

Reviewed December 8, 2012

Look, I married an Italian girl from NJ a long time ago. Gained a lot of weight in just a few years because - SHE REALLY KNOWS HOW TO COOK!!! So I love Italian food, except for the fish stuff - I'm not a big fish person - I'm only half Scandinavian! I take that with me when I go to the Macaroni Grill. The food there is pretty good, but not great! It's a nice place to go to get a Tour of Italy, or some pasta or something like Chicken or Veal Parmigiana. They used to have a chicken dish with arugula, too. It was my favorite - but is now off the menu (for some years).
If you want a night out to have a good meal, this is a good place. If you want really good or even great Italian, better to try some other places that I won't name in this review.
As for the service, we've never had bad service here, but bear in mind that customer service in general is in decline. Companies spend a lot of time worrying about it, but always slant their service to what's the least expensive to deliver, which translates into poorer service. Technology cannot replace human contact! And that is from a long-term geek!

Reviewed September 8, 2012 via mobile

A few of us went here for drinks because of the happy hour. I wasn't sure how good they would be all the hand crafted cocktails were $5. I tried the raspberry smash and it was actually very tasty, I also had the classic perfect martini with gin, vermouth and sun dried stuffed olives. I was surprised at how good the drinks were, the bartender was nice, we ordered three appetizers, now I did not want the fried macaroni and cheese bites but someone in our party did and I actually thought they were good, pretty presentation too, the goat cheese red peppers were good but I wasn't too fond of the asparagus potatoes cakes, very bland and they fell apart. The service was bad, our bartender was nice and asked us if he could cash us out because he had to leave but someone else would be coming over to take care of us..... Well you would think if there are empty glasses the girl would come over and ask us if we would like anymore drinks, nope not at all and we were ready to order not only more drinks but more food. Another couple came to the bar and they were served right away sounded like they we're regulars even the manager was behind the bar chatting up a storm with them and never once looked over at the three of us and asked if we needed anything. What poor customer service but if the manager sets the tone what can you expect from the employees.

Reviewed September 5, 2012

We usually enjoy meals at Romano's other venues. Most of the time we visit at the Orlando International Airport facility when returning from a vacation. The difference between these two restaurants is extreme.

We arrived at 11:05AM after an appointment at the nearby crematorium. No relationship to the source of the food. It took about five minutes for the hostess to get us to a table even though we were the only patrons in the restaurant. I don’t think they take their opening time seriously.

Our server, Paula, took our drink orders for a Santa Margherita wine for the wife and a Peroni beer for me. First problem, the Italian restaurant does not have the most popular Italian beer served in the US even though it is listed on the menu. The closest Paula could get was a Heineken from the Netherlands, not even close. She pours the wife’s wine from a small carafe and stops after about one swallow and disappears to the kitchen. I asked her what was the problem upon her return five minutes later. She said, “The wine was dirty.” She then continues to pour the wine from the same carafe to almost fill up the glass to the proper line and stated she will bring some more to make up the difference. This never happened. That probably is a good thing.

The wife ordered the Bibb & Blue Salad that consisted of bibb leaves, blue cheese, pancetta, walnuts, pickled red onions, buttermilk dressing and the Carmela Chicken - roasted chicken, rigatoni, caramelize onions, mushrooms, and marsala cream sauce. I went the Pomodorina Soup that consisted of plum tomatoes, mozzarella crouton, and basil pesto and the Carmela Chicken for the second course. Both of these meals sounded great on the menu. Unfortunately the execution did not live up to the description. The salad was “ok”, but overpriced at $4.50. The soup was luke warm with a unique touch. On the crouton there was a pad of cold butter. The soup was not hot enough to melt the butter so I gave up. The chicken dish was mostly pasta with a few small pieces of chicken, mushrooms and so little sauce that it was hard to even get a taste.

The total bill came to $46.11 before the small tip I left. We left after almost one hour. Too much of our life was just wasted by a very poor experience.

Reviewed July 19, 2012

we went for dinner, 3 people in the restaurant, plenty of staff hanging around and NoOne acknowledged us! Finally had to ask to be seated and then waited to get food, which was horrible.