“Will be an amazing establishment when it's complete”

Bentley's Boutique Hotel, BW Premier Collection
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Osprey
Venice, Florida
“Will be an amazing establishment when it's complete”
Reviewed September 27, 2010

I was on a business trip and decided to stay at Bentley's Resort. Although the hotel rooms are still under construction, I still enjoyed my stay. The whole place consisted of four restaurants - pretty high end looking. My favorite part by far was the poolside Tiki Bar. The scenery is great and a band played there one night during my stay - they were pretty good! The bar had three servers on and all three were courteous and kind. The food was excellent; I strongly suggest the crab cake sliders! Regardless, Bentley's is a work in progress and will definitely be out of this world when renovations are complete. Can't wait to go back when it is finished!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (273)
  • Czech first
england uk
Reviewed June 24, 2010

I recently stayed at this beautiful hotel. The staff were so friendly and always willing to help to make my stay more enjoyable. Had a relaxing time away the scenery was absolutely amazing. The hotel is very clean, had no problems with my stay. would defiantly reccomend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank charlotteEnglandUk
Elkton, Florida
Reviewed June 8, 2010

We had previously stayed twice at the former Osprey Inn, paid $39.00 and the place was a
dump. We revisited it under the new Bentleys name and new ownership through Hotels.com. The rep at Hotel.com booked us a King Size bed / poolside. When we got there, we we're told that only (2) queen size beds/ parking lot view we're what the Inn had an agreement to book with Hotels.com. Due to reconstruction, no king rooms existed. The owner went out of her way and gave us, her own room that had a king size / poolside room. That folks is customer service. It took 4 angry phone calls and over a month for Hotels.com to refund me partial for their lying reps. Don't believe the negative comments the Inn is renovating and not only deserves a break, they earned it. Its worth a stay!!!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Miami, Florida
Reviewed June 4, 2010

I booked this hotel on a last minute Memorial weekend getaway to the area beaches - this hotel is centrally located between Venice and Siesta Key. I was either going to spend $250 a night to stay directly on the beach or stay @ the Bentley's for a bargain.

I wasn't expecting much from this hotel....but was pleasantly surprised upon our arrival. NOTE: This hotel is currently undergoing renovations, but nothing that will interfere with your stay. The best part of the hotel?? The pool and tiki bar with live band (6pm-10pm). I think the management of the hotel is doing something right.....as there are a ton of locals (a MUCH older crowd) that come to enjoy drinks/food and live music, in addition to hotel guests.

Hotel staff was very friendly and accommodating, food was surprisingly good at the restaurant with great prices.

The rooms were nothing special....Clean, recently carpeted rooms (warning: new carpet smell), hot shower and cold A/C.

I would definitely recommend this place and think once they finish all the renovations it will be even better!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Alpharetta, GA
Reviewed June 2, 2010

If it's a quiet night's rest in a clean hotel you're seeking, look elsewhere!

My two children, ages 8 and 10, and I stayed at this hotel for two nights, May 29 and 30, 2010. Our room was #112, located near the pool. The rooms do have new carpeting and paint, however, there were mold stains on the ceiling of the bathroom, and everything else about the room looked as if it hadn't been re-done since the 1960s. There was a loud band playing at the tiki bar near the pool which made it difficult for us to sleep. The band did quit playing around 10 p.m., but we did not appreciate the noise one bit.

Breakfast at the hotel (motel) restaurant was terrible. My ham and cheese omelet was way overcooked, the breakfast potatoes burned, and the kids' waffles were soggy.

The Bentley is located very close to my parents' condo in Osprey, and the purpose of our stay at this hotel (motel, in my opinion) was just to sleep - we spent our days out on my parents' boat and in their condo. The next time we visit Grandma and Grandpa we will try the Hampton Inn in Venice - it will be a slightly farther drive, but I've always found Hamptons to be quiet and clean.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank Mizzou93
Bentleys1, Front Office Manager at Bentley's Boutique Hotel, BW Premier Collection, responded to this review, May 7, 2011
Over the course of the past two years, Bentley's Resort Hotel has been going through a full property renovations. It is our policy to notify every guest prior to arrival that the property is currently going through this renovations and we strive to keep all noise and distrubances to a minimum as to not directly impact a guests stay.

Upon check-in, guests are informed of all events and activites that take place on the property. Live entertainment is always offered on the weekends at the 'Osprey Beach" Tiki Bar and Grille as well as inside Morgan's Restaurant and the Jaguar Loung Nightclub.

Since June of 2010 the property has gone through a "back to bare wall" renovations and is no longer classified as a "motel" since our guest room accommodations face interior rather than exterior. There are still parts of the property that are currently still under renovations, however all major construction will be complete May 2011
New York
Reviewed May 18, 2010

This is an older hotel under new management.

The good: The staff is really lovely and helpful, very willing to go the extra mile. Also, it's an older hotel, probably built in the 60s, so the walls are thick and you don't hear your neighbors as easily as in some of the newer hotels.

And there's a great pool area with a bar and area for entertainment. The weekend I was there, they had bands playing all 3 nights. It is obviously an active and popular spot for the locals, frequented by families, couples, singles, etc. It was really really nice, no one drunk or noisy, just a happy relaxed crowd, with music, dancing, swimming, and drinks. The partying stopped promptly at 10 PM and the hotel was quiet.

Another plus is the on site restaurant, Morgan's. I had a couple of meals with vegetables that weren't very fresh, but all the others raved about their meals.

Now the not so good:

The rooms are old and not in good repair. The new owners seem to have replaced the beds, and installed new, cheap carpeting, but all the other furnishings are old. TV only had a few channels clear enough to watch. The ancient air conditioner worked but was very noisy. The towels were thin and cheap; water pressure almost too low to use; the phone in my room didn't work at all and the staff couldn't fix it.

I tried two rooms, both had a noticable smell. None of the rooms have windows that open. One of the people on the conference said his room had lots of little bugs all over the nightstand and (he thought) the bed. He didn't think they were bedbugs.

The new management is remodeling. If the weekend entertainment and the new pool area are any indication, this hotel will be worth visiting when they're done. I can't recommend it now, but I would try it again once they're finished.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank irene345
sarasota florida
Reviewed February 2, 2010

I hesitantly stay at this hotel because friends of ours live so near and this year I was amazed at the change..the rooms aren't done yet but they have attemted to make it as nice as they can while they renovate...painted walls and new carpeting helped alot...This will be an amazing hotel once it is done. The restaurant called Morgans is great- we went with friends from the neighboring community and they have added a lounge that is lovely and were working on a whole outdoor pool complex complete with a tiki bar and cabanas and I think they plan to have outdoor music at the pool which would be great....I hope they suceed because the other hotel was horrible and they are so far doing right by the changes...good luck to them

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Osprey
Best Western Plus Siesta Key Gateway
Sandcastle Resort at Lido Beach
Siesta Key Palms Hotel
Siesta Key Palms Hotel
#1 of 48 in Sarasota

Been to Bentley's Boutique Hotel, BW Premier Collection? Share your experiences!