“Great Steak and Romantic Atmoshere”
Review of Rosebud's

Rosebud's
Ranked #2 of 21 Restaurants in Osprey
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Sarasota, FL
“Great Steak and Romantic Atmoshere”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

I've dined at Rosebud's many times over the years. If you're craving a good ribeye or prime rib, this is a good place to go. Especially for couples or a party of 4. The atmosphere is always warm and inviting the way they have it decorated. Deep colors and dark woods, white linen tablecloths, a flickering candle on the table. You get the picture. I'll come right out and say that a few times the service has been spotty, other times fabulous. It depends on who your server is and how long they've been one. Let's get this straight. This is a steak house, not a seafood restaurant. If you're craving seafood, go somewhere else, there's plenty to choose from. Although, they do have seafood on the menu, the only seafood we've ever had there is when they are running their special "whole Maine lobster and ribeye steak". If you like mushrooms, be sure to order the mushrooms with the steak. They're awesome. They're mushrooms sautéed in wine and beef drippings I think. They're delicious. The salad is like just about any other salad at a restaurant. The caesar salad is excellent , and they do put a touch of anchovy in their dressing. Not enough to over power it, but if you're sensitive to anchovy... Well get the house dressing or ask if they can not make it with anchovy. They have an excellent choice of starches to complement your meal. I like the twice baked potato. They're one of the only places around where they are not over cooked and dry.
But then again, I put sour cream and butter on my potato anyway. (Hey I'm eating out ! LOL)
Overall, the place has a lovely romantic atmosphere, good steaks, wine and full bar and decent prices. A great place to bring another couple from out of town to impress.
I see the website doesn't show the white table cloths, but that may have been due to the lighting for photography.
TIP : For those who need reading glasses or have trouble reading in lower lighting you might want to bring something to help you read the menu.

• Visited March 2012
3 Thank SRQ-Travelor

Vancouver, Canada
“Nice place average food”
Reviewed January 31, 2013 via mobile

We were referred to this location by friends. The appearance is pleasing, the atmosphere nice and quiet, the clientele more older than young. We were six and all ordered differently. The service was quick and efficient. The French onion soup was poor almost gravey like, and maybe was from a can or just the bottom of the pot at the end of the day. The main courses were good, well presented and cooked. Most of us ordered the baked potatoes which come from the oven on their own plates and look lost. When the nice waitress asked if we needed anything else, we all said where is the sour cream. She came back, saying, sorry there was none, all out, wednesday evening at 7pm, nor other toppings???? they offered at this point other potato options, likely knowing we would not take them. The desert was excellent. The prices were similar to other better class restaurants. Not sure we will rush back here

Sarasota, Florida
“Excellent food and ambience”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Everything about the restaurant is excellent. I had the best Caesar salad I have ever gotten in a restaurant. The croutons were delicious and I never eat croutons!! Our waiter was great and very friendly with knowledge of all the dishes we asked about. I had a lobster dish that was fantastic and my husband had a great veal dish. The portions are ample and we ended up taking some home. They had a special antipasto that we ordered and it also was great. Highly recommend this restaurant!

Visited February 2012
1 Thank northeastyankee
New York City, New York
“Licking my chops!”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Had an opportunity to visit Rosebud's again earlier this week with two other couples. This time we sat in the bar area which I understand you need to get to early to be able to sit right away. One of the couples got there early to get a table. We did have a few cocktails, good martini’s, sitting for awhile and were a noisy party; but nobody seemed to mind. Our waitress was friendly, patient, efficient, and flexible on changes to our order. Mad I didn't have the prime rib after reading some of the other reviews here, but have to say the lamb chops were great as was the creamed spinach and Caesar salad. Others had duck, filet, orange roughy and pasta and all finished their plates. Nice spot.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank WalGreene
Sarasota, Florida
“A new favorite”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

We had occasion to dine a Rosebuds last week for the first time. This restaurant doesn't look like much from the out side but the interior offers a very pleasing atmosphere. If you are a fan of prime rib, I don't of anyplace where I have had better. The spear ribs were also very good. All in all the menu had a good variety of dishes, and I thought, at reasonable prices. The wait staff was above par.

• Visited January 2013