“Thanksgiving dinner”

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Nokomis, Florida
“Thanksgiving dinner”
Reviewed December 2, 2012

you would think that on thanksgiving the place beeing a zoo that the service would reflect.... but I have to say I was so amazed with not onlly the food which was just as good as you would go any nite but better for Thanksgiving so worth the price for fresh Turkey mashed potoato to die for stuffing pumpkin pie... I could go on and on we will be going back next year for sure!

Visited November 2012
1 Thank Carol S

Sarasota, Florida
“Skip it”
Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

Food is OK, but not for the prices they charge. Interior decor is outdated and carpet is dirty. You can go down the street and pay the same money for much better food and classy atmosphere. Popular with the snowbird crowd who does not know any better.

Sarasota, Florida
“Just chill!”
Reviewed September 22, 2012

Been there a hundred times. Love the jockeying for position at the bar door for a 4 o'clock table in the bar.....which is the only place I like to eat. It just happens that the drinks (a large menu) are 2 for 1 until 6 or 7 depending on the season, but the real deal is their early bird specials which have to be ordered by 5:30 pm. Tonight, went there at 6 expecting we could put two tables together for 6 people....that was not going to happen, based on crowd size, so we had our first drink in the bar and took our 2nd drink into the dining room. Angela was our server...she was terrific. The dining room has taken on a nice ambiance....we remember it being less atmospheric in the past and have avoided the dining room for many years! Food is always a great bargain and prepared to our liking....special favorites are prime rib, Maine Lobster specials, oysters on the half shell, liver and onions, and any special! It's a fun experience, and for decades, a reliable dinner destination. We're seeing the same people each time we go--decades. They all know each other--Sorrento neighborhood is very present in this restaurant!

Coastal Georgia
“Good food...excellent service”
Reviewed September 7, 2012

We visited this restaurant after driving to Casey Key Fish House only to find out that they had cllosed for their annual renovations/repairs. We were staying in Venice at the beach and had seen Rosebud's on our way to the Casey Key Fish House. We had a pleasant dining experience. My husband ordered the Eggplant Parmesan and said it was EXCELLENT! I ordreed the chopped sirloin special...it arrived barely cooked; definitely RAW. I advised the waitress that I could not eat it that undercooked; she was extremely accommodating; took it back to have it cooked more; even asked if I wanted another one instead. I found it a little strange, however, that she advised me when I indicated it was undercooked for my taste, that they usually cook everything "medium" (apparently they don't inquire of the customer how they want their steak cooked as most establishments do; they cook it to their definition of "medium" which, at least in the case of my chopped sirloin, was very, very red/raw inside. But, it came back cooked to my liking and the meal was overall very good. Very attentive wait staff; decor kind of dated.

Lockport, Illinois, United States
“Nice experience all around, could use a facelift on decor”
Reviewed September 7, 2012

First time here after passing by for years. Older, but nice bar area , good service, 2 for 1 happy hour was a nice surprise. Oyster rocks were a little better than average & not bad for $12. For dinner had the Lobster special ($17) & added the stuffed for $5 more. Lobster was cleaned well & cracked nicely so easy to eat. Stuffing was just OK. Bread & salad were better than average, but really what was the highlight was the service. Very prompt & attentive server. Will come back & try again when back in town next time.