“Great spot, terrible service!”
Review of Lono Tiki Bar - CLOSED

Lono Tiki Bar
Cuisines: Grill
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch
Description: A throw back Tiki bar with Craft Tiki Cocktails. We use fresh juices, herbs, & syrups to bring bold flavors to the tiki bar menu and food, made from scratch.
Reviewed February 4, 2013

The setting pretty much can't be beat. The pool, the lounge and bar area have a very "island" feel. It's a shame the bar service was so awful. We were a huge group spending lots of money at the bar, restaurant and hotel and we could have fixed our own drinks faster. The two for one special at happy hour was nice but I'm pretty sure they lost money on that. It just didn't make any sense and no one really quite understood how it worked (and I mean the bar staff). Bartending can be a fruitful endeavor earning tips under the guise of attentiveness to the customers. I saw neither at this place. The heavy pour on the wines was great but not without any beverage napkins offered when it spilled over!???
I didn't try the food but it looked okay. The menu didn't offer anything spectacular. It was kind of icky that the condiments (especially mayo) were left out in the Florida heat for hours. No thank you!
Had it not been for the fact that this was the location my family chose for our gathering, I certainly would never have never given it a second thought.
Too bad because the scenery is quite nice.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

I can't speak much for the hotel itself as we did not book a room there. Many of my family did and they seemed to enjoy it. The pool area was quite lovely and a great gathering area for our large group gathering for a family funeral.
The bar staff had it made with our group who enjoys the libations. Which is why I could not understand their complete lack of attentiveness. At least one bartender was completely new and untrained. The others seemed kind of bothered by our presence, often leaving the bar unattended and drinks empty.
I understand and appreciate the laid back atmosphere but this went a little far. The two for one happy hour was a nice bonus but in my experience it has kind of been the custom to "pay back" the bar in appreciation, etc. These bartenders really did not earn that. I'm a big believer in tipping well as is my large family who were all there. On this occasion I was sorely disappointed. Such a shame as I think there was a great opportunity missed to make a good bit of money. Oh well. Too bad for them.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Good happy hour. Food was not recommended by other guests at the bar so we went somewhere else for that. Good TVs for sports and live music at the pool nearby - near enough to listen but not overwhelming.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

Great staff - great location - great value........... what more d'you wanna know? They even do a Happy Hour promotion for most evenings of the week to relax you into the evening.

Reviewed August 8, 2012

During off peak the pool bar is open 4pm-10pm, good menu selection and they have happy hour. We went down at 9pm and felt like we were being rushed as they wanted to close early. There is music at the weekends