“Never Again !!!!!”

Ranked #25 of 28 Hotels in Ormond Beach
Sanford, Florida
“Never Again !!!!!”
Reviewed July 9, 2008

As soon as we arrived wwe were insulted by the afternoon /evening clerk . He was a gentleman or should I say insulting man . He called me a liar in his own way , about our room . We reserved a king size room and I called right after i made the reservevation to make sure I could get a smoking room . I was told there would be no problem . When I saw the no smoking sign on the table I went to tell the clerk that we reserved a king size smoking room and he told me that I didn't call here and that there was no such thing as a king size smoking room . We paid over $350.00 for two days during the race and I was not about to have to go out side to smoke if I reserved a smoking room . He told me do what you have to do and I asked him vfor a ash tray and he told me to get a plastic glass and put some water in it . Also, there was a notice on line that we would get a $50.00 gas card , and I was told that there was no such thing .The place was very noisy and it was hard to sleep . I don't think we will be back .

• Liked — I liked the breakfast that they had , they had these waffles that you could bake fresh .
  • Disliked — too noisy , and rude afternoon /evening clerk , and lied to about the free gas .
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
1 Thank GSMurph50
MarcyaSales, Director of Sales at EconoLodge, responded to this review, May 29, 2009
I would like to address the review dated 7/9/08 from GS Murph. I am the new Director of Sales for this hotel and I wish to apologize for that night clerk who checked you in. There is no just reason for him to be rude or treat you in a way that is insulting or causes you hurt and for this I am truely sorry. Let me assure you that he has been dismissed. It is our intent to provide all guests with total respect at a safe, secure hotel with clean, comfortable rooms. Also there has been an illegal scam that the State of Florida is aware of with regards to Certificates for Free Gas. It is against Choice Hotel Intl. policies for us to participate is such promotions and I am sorry that you were booked with us thinking you would receive a $50 Gas Certificate. Lastly the special Daytona Beach events of Nascar and Bike Week and Biketoberfest, just to name a few, bring in millions of visitors annual, such as yourself. This of course always increases the number of vehicles, as well as noise. I suggest you plan another trip to our area during a non-event time and see what us locales love about our area, such as the many natural springs, outdoor concerts at the bandshell on the beach and watching the space shuttles night launch! Come back and stay with us and I will guarantee you will see some wonderful imporvements since we have made many hotel improvements in the past year. Respectfully, Marcie DOS

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Reviewed July 5, 2005

Stayed at the Inn from July 1 - July 4th, 2005. The rooms were very small. They were dirty (spiders and webs everywhere). Could not even walk in the room barefoot or with socks on because A/C drained back in the room instead of outside. I will by-pass this establishment the next time. Would not recomend this place to anyone. I wasted 700 bucks. Shame on me.....

• Stayed July 2005
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travelers are raving about these Ormond Beach hotels

Reviewed June 9, 2005

Room - poor.
Carpet - dirty, stains.
Bathroom - ok ok.
Complimentary Breakfast - Better not to call it a breakfast.
Lobby, breakfast area - I have no words to describe.

• Stayed March 2005, traveled on business
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 8, 2005

This place is the worst of the worst. At $185.00 a night and the name Comfort Inn, I was confident that it would be a worthwhile stay. I couldnt have been any more wrong! Situated right at Route 95, the area is noisy to begin with. When we pulled into the parking lot I should have been suspcious of the lack of cars and the mountains of old furniture piled on the grass. But I was still hopeful....they say it springs eternal. We were in the room 5 minutes when I decided that there was no way I was staying here! Not for $50 not for $20!! The silver was peeling from the faucets the rust was caked on the spout of the tub. There were holes in the walls ..... burn marks on the furniture and black goo all over the rug. I went to the office and exercised my option to cancel before 6 P.M. The manager didnt give me too much trouble, but I definitely let him know that charging those rates for the filth they offered should be illegal; being of Indian descent, he was not happy about a woman talking to him in that manner and was obviously indignant....nothing compared to mine tho I'll tell ya. He cancelled our stay, but later on I found out that the money that the 4 day stay would have cost was frozen from my account and I couldnt access it all weekend. So if you ever decide to cancel, be sure that the hotel pulls the preauthorization.

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 9, 2003

The room was fine, on the second floor and away from the freeway. The AC, TV, Shower and everything else worked fine. Only three stars because of very few nearby dining spots. We'll be back.

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member