“Excellent stay”

Quality Inn & Suites On The Beach
Ranked #5 of 28 Hotels in Ormond Beach
“Excellent stay”
Reviewed October 1, 2013

I stayed at the hotel with my girlfriend for 3 nights. I had so much fun. It was my first time in Daytona/Ormond Beach. I stayed in suite room 212 and we were actually upgraded by the front desk staff who were so kind to us during the entire stay. You can watch the sun rise from your beachfront room window, beach is steps away, not to mention the breakfast quality, cleanest room i was ever given and these are for less than a hundred bucks.. The only problem was the fact that i had to leave this place:((

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank Impshape
Sunny S, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites On The Beach, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review. We greatly appreciate it. We are happy to know you enjoyed staying in our jacuzzi suite. Those rooms are spacious and amazing. I hope the jacuzzi made you enjoy your stay and relax even more than you would. We will be happy to have you stay with us again in the near future. Hope to see you soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed September 28, 2013

This past Saturday I walked into the lobby hoping to check-in early because I thought I had a good chance since the parking lot was almost empty. But the manager told me in a gruff manner and in a loud voice that there were no rooms available. I replied back evenly that since I had a reservation and payment had been made I wasn't going anywhere. It was tense for a moment but after positively validating my reservation, he softened his voice and apologetically informed me all the rooms were still not ready because he was short on staff and they were 100% booked the night before. If only he would told me that in the very beginning!

After the rough start, he was more charming when I came back two hours later to finally checked in. No other untoward incident happened after that first day. But the hotel is older with a spacious room which was kept up and clean. I had a partial view of the beach through my kitchenette window but I had to walk out to the shared balcony in order to view the whole beachfront. They also have a small pool which had a few people in it most of the time. But it is beachfront and is the hotel's biggest asset. The crowd in the hotel and on the beach were older but there were no "scary types" that are prevalent in other beaches (read Daytona Beach). I enjoyed Ormond Beach and would certainly come back to the area again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for reviewing our hotel. We greatly appreciate you taking your time out to review our hotel. We understand that you wished to check in early. We never have an issue with that whatsoever, its just that the day before the hotel was fully booked and not all guests leave by 11:00 AM. Some guests do extend their stay for a few more hours. Your room might have been one of those and that is why we have our check in time at 3:00 PM for that particular reason.
Just know that once the housekeeper finishes cleaning the room, it is the front desk manager's job to check the room before we check the guest in just to make sure the room is clean and up to the standard of a Choice Hotel. By doing this, we know what we are selling or sending the customer to. We obviously do not want to send you to a room that is not upto our standard. Because if it was not upto our standard then the room is definitely not upto our customer's standard. We apologize if you thought that we spoke to you in a "gruff" or rude manner. It must have been a small misunderstanding and we greatly apologize for that.
We are glad everything otherwise was satisfactory. We are happy to know you enjoyed your stay here and we can assure you that this kind of incident will not be happening again. We do look forward to serving you again in the near future. Hope to see you soon.
Ocala, Florida
Reviewed September 18, 2013

I recently stayed for 2 nights for a mini vacation and break from life. I chose this hotel for its price and several reviews that stated they had a nice hot breakfast included with the stay. When I checked in I was greeted by a pleasant gentleman who went out of his way to be friendly and accommodating. When I opened the door to my room I was surprised how nice it was inside. Beautiful tiled bathroom and dark cherry furniture. A microwave and mini fridge with freezer, not a tiny one but a mid-sized one with enough room for food/drinks for a couple days. The bed was very comfortable and soft. The staff remembered my name and asked if I needed anything when they saw me on the deck. And Yes, the breakfast was one of the best ones I've had included with the room for quite a while. There were delicious hot and cold options including my favorites, Belgian waffles. I will stay again and will recommend this hotel to family and friends!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank lz00713
Sunny S, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites On The Beach, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Thank you for taking your time and writing us an amazing review of our hotel. We are very pleased to know that you enjoyed staying with us. We are glad that the room was upto your standard. As you might have noticed, we are working on making our rooms even better. We will be happy to have you stay with us again. Hope to see you soon.
Cornelius, North Carolina
Reviewed September 10, 2013

This was my first time here, and what a wonderful surprise! The hotel is average looking on the exterior, but very well maintained and managed, and in a fabulous location! The staff was very pleasant, from the lady who helped my children get their breakfast to those who worked the front desk. The room was clean, and the beds were very comfortable. The continental breakfast was the standard fare (yummy waffles, fruit, cereal, bagels...), and very neat and clean. And, when I returned 2 hours after checkout to retrieve my earrings which I forgot and left in the room, I was thrilled that they had them! We'll be back!

Room Tip: Personally, I like staying up high, with a view of the ocean!
1 Thank Lisa D
Sunny S, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites On The Beach, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Thank you for reviewing our hotel. We are happy to know you enjoyed your stay. I am glad everything was to your satisfaction. We will be happy to welcome you back to stay with us. Hope to see you soon.
Eustis, Florida
Reviewed September 4, 2013

This was our first stay at this hotel. The staff was very pleasant and helpful. We stayed on the 4th floor, but next time I think a ground floor suite would best for us. I had my 3 little grandchildren with us. They loved the pool and beach. Check-in was very smooth and so was checking out. We will be back. We truly enjoyed our visit.

Room Tip: The higher rooms had great views & less noise.
2 Thank Betty S
Sunny S, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites On The Beach, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Thank you for your review. We greatly appreciate you taking your time and reviewing our hotel. We are happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. We will be looking forward to serving you again in the future. Hope to see you soon.
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed September 2, 2013

This was our second time at Quality Inn on Ormond Beach, and again, it was wonderful. The staff are so pleasant and helpful, as on our first visit. On our first visit, we stayed on the 3rd floor and this time we opted for the ground floor in the Ocean Front Suite which was much better for my mother, sister and me. We didn't have to climb stairs or take an elevator, and were just steps away from the ocean and the pool. As stated in my previous review from our first visit, the rooms are nicely appointed and very comfortable. The kitchen in this suite didn't have as many items as the 3rd floor EG: wine opener and a paring knife...but all we had to do was ask housekeeping and they were very helpful in finding those items for us! Even though the ground floor room had a bit more wear and tear than the 3rd floor room (most people probably prefer the ground floor), it was still quite comfortable and just as lovely. PLUS, as I mentioned, we had easier access to the pool and beach. The young lady who worked in the breakfast area was amazing and so helpful, too! The breakfast bar was filled with fresh pastries, bagels, cereal, fruit, etc. You can also make your own waffle if you like. If there was anything you needed, all you had to do was ask!
The manager told us that they will be replacing carpet, etc., and updating the rooms before our next visit in June, 2014...Yes we have already booked our next visit and we are looking forward to seeing the new upgrades, especially for the ground floor suite! Also, I would like to say how clean the pool and pool area were...by the end of the summer (or by the middle of) most hotel pools are not fun to swim in...I suppose lots of people in the pool, over a period of time, can make a pool dirty. But the staff at Quality Inn kept their pool sparkling clean, and that is definitely another one of their best assets!!! Thank you, Quality Inn, Owner and Staff for another relaxing and fun weekend...See you in June!!!

Room Tip: The best rooms are the oceanfront suites. There are only 4 of them, so book early!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Sunny S, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites On The Beach, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review. We are very happy to know you liked your new room rather than the one you stayed in when you came here the first time. That room is an amazing room with just a few steps to the pool, the beach and the ocean. We will be working on making our rooms better for your next arrival. Again we thank you for choosing our hotel. We hope to see you sooner than your next reservation.
Reviewed August 24, 2013

My wife and kids took a day away from home to start the weekend and found the perfect stay. Had jacuzzi tub in room, awesome 8ft deep pool and a step to the beach. We loved this trip. Will be back! Very nice staff!

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank Abethea
Sunny S, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites On The Beach, responded to this review, August 25, 2013
Thank you for your review. We greatly appreciate you taking your time and reviewing our hotel. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Hope to see you soon.