“Good value” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 28 Hotels in Ormond Beach
Denver, Colorado
“Good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

My wife and I stayed here before and will definitely come back. The hotel could use a little TLC here and there, but what Florida hotel doesn't. I would hate to be a property owner in Florida. The humidity and salty atmosphere must play havoc on buildings. We always get a good value here at this hotel. Excellent room, WiFi, breakfast, location.

Room Tip: 3rd or 4th floor rooms have the best beach views.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
Mission Viejo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

This was our first time at this hotel and would recommend it to all my friends, family and clients. The rooms were very well kept and clean. The bathroom was very well stocked with towels, shampoo, lotion. We went to the grocery store and kept our food in the refrigerator and cooked it in the microwave. The FREE Continental breakfast was really good with coffee, toast, bagels, muffins, hard boiled eggs, biscuits and gravy, oatmeal, orange and apple juice and not to mention my favorite- A Waffle Maker, The hotel is on the beach with the pool on the beach side as well. When we first walked into our room we did notice a strong musty smell, but we got used to it . The rooms are very comfortable with four pillows on each bed. In the room we stayed in we could hear our neighbors talking and watching TV through the adjoining room door. (Put a towel under the adjoining door) The best thing about the location is that everything is close by grocery stores, drug stores, fast food, restaurants etc...Other than all this it's a great hotel to stay in.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ASunsetAway
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

We are return visitors to this hotel! This is the third time we've been there in the last 10 years. It has always been a good value for us and this time was no exception. The rooms are HUGE, with nice furniture. The walls and ceilings are very thick, no sound escapes, except when the doors get slammed (unfortunately, they ALWAYS slam). They have recently renovated, but I really didn't see much difference, other than new TV's and maybe rearranging the dressers. There is a nice kitchen and bathroom, although the mirror is a little awkward. Granite floors and counters, nice big tub, etc. The kitchen was a little rundown, but maybe they are going to upgrade that soon. The manager, Sunny was very hands on, checking on housekeeping, raking the beach access, super nice guy! And Jacqui was very nice and informative as well. The only thing that is keeping me from rating this excellent is my check-in experience. We arrived on Sunday and the clerk seemed to be more interested in his online class than us. Also, I had made a mistake on my reservation, but he didn't seem to be interested in helping me resolve it. Other than that minor blip, the service, housekeeping and facility were fantastic. We will definitely stay here again. Oh and I definitely think they should upgrade their coffeepots to bigger ones. Those little four cuppers just don't work in an efficiency/suite...

Room Tip: Definitely reserve one of the four Oceanfront Queen Suites. Well worth it!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Mineola, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

This is my second time in the ormond beach area for work and I rebooked this hotel because it is affordable, clean, and every room faces the beach. Sunrises are spectaculare. The staff is very helpful and very accomidating. I met a man from Noraway and he dimes here every year for several weeks and always stays here for the same reasons. Great pool and hot tub.

Room Tip: The end rooms have a private balcony.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Ashland, Kentucky
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

I had stayed here years ago with our children when they were young> We came to stay 3 days based on the reviews listed here. The place is very old, the furnishing of the rooms needs updated as well as the linens and window coverings. Light from outside came through the holes enough to wake you early in the am. The air conditioning is just barely adequate, so if you like to keep your room cool, don't expect it. It is as clean as you can ask for in an ocean front environment, linens are worn with a few holes but clean. Breakfast was good, beach location was great. If they would update sooner would be a nice place,rates were cheap but have gotten more for my dollar at other locations just down the beach. will probably not return, you get what you pay for!!.

Room Tip: Rooms with kitchettes are 10.00 higher but rooms are twice the size
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank Keith S
Naples, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

Our favorite place to stay! Outstanding Oceonfront Property. Clean, extremely comfortable room, w/ fridge/micro/coffee maker. Big well appointed room + bathroom. The Dehumidifier in the room added to the comfort of the room. The bed, linens and towels were all extremely comfortable. Wonderful Breakfast and friendly staff. The pool was clean and Beautiful, right next to the beach. We had an amazing beach view from our window, and could watch the sunset from chairs on the balcony outside our door. Conveniently located to many restaurants, shopping and the Pier, However my Daughter was so in love w/ this place that she never wanted to leave :) (we had sandwiches and Pizza in our room) Will return SOON, and OFTEN!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

We decided to getaway last minute on a holiday weekend. I wanted to go to the beach and I wanted my nights stay to be under $100. This place was $85 a night and right on the beach, with a pool, free wifi and free breakfast! All of this was important to my husband and I. I was very worried this hotel was going to be nasty consdering the great price on a holiday weekend. It exceeded my expectations! The room was nice, breakfast was good! We were able to get a late check out. The staff was very accomodating to our late check out request, and allowing us to check out and still stay parked there to enjoy the beach and then allowing us to use their employee bathroom to change before traveling home! We will be staying there again! I could look out my window and see the ocean <3

• Stayed September 2012