Our family including our children, ages 21, 18, and 14, had a nice stay at the Cove on Ormond Beach over the New Year's holiday. The staff was very friendly, but beware of check-in when a time share representative whisks you away to her desk without telling you what her "real" motive is.
This rep was standing and waiting for us right after we checked in. We thought she was part of the Cove on Ormond Beach staff so gladly went with her. She told us about the "free margarita party" and the "free day at the huge resort with indoor pools". Well these events are only free if you attend their time share tour and meeting. We were not interested!
Needless to say, that was not the best introduction to the place. After we escaped her clutches, we found our condo and it was very nice. Clean, well stocked with supplies and had a nice side view of the ocean. It was quiet and the beds are comfortable.
The only issue we had was with the "shadow ants" on the kitchen counter. The maintenance man came up promptly, while we were gone, and took care of them.
The other people staying at the resort were friendly and we met quite a few of them at the hot tub. Outdoor pool was cold but our kids got in anyway and even used the slide.
We would gladly return to the Cove on Ormond Beach. It was beautiful, right on the Atlantic, with good restaurants nearby.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Take a relaxed approach to life on the shores of the Atlantic Ocean at The Cove On Ormond Beach. Absorb the warmth of the Florida sun watching a spectacular sunrise from your private balcony. Stroll down the beach with no set schedule and no particular place to go. Enjoy the excitement of Daytona Beach, just moments away. Relax to the sounds of the ocean at night in the beachfront hot tub. Explore shops and sights sure to please your inquisitive nature. Refresh your senses with your feet in the surf and your mind in the clouds.Directly on the beach of the Atlantic Ocean, this 112-condo resort features newly renovated one- and two-bedroom condo villas featuring a living room, a dining area, a full kitchen and a private balcony with an ocean view. Exciting extras include larger floor plans, upgraded furnishings, plasma TVs and in-condo washer and dryer. Settle back and enjoy the splendor of a Florida beach vacation, complete with sun, surf and small town charm. Recharge at the oceanfront activity deck,hot tub, barbecue and picnic area and direct access to the resort's over 150 feet of sandy beach. Swim laps in the indoor pool or relax in the guest lounges. Experience the best of land and sea - golfing, shelling, deep sea fishing, horseback riding, theatre shows, river rides, gambling cruises and Daytona International Speedway. Discover the mysteries of St. Augustine's Fort Matanzas on a leisurely day trip. Make the most of your vacation time with our concierge services, including local tours and excursions, area attractions, golf course tee times, shopping information, and dining reservations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Vacatia, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your The Cove on Ormond Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cove On Ormond Beach Hotel Ormond Beach
- Cove On Ormond Beach
- Cove On Hotel Ormond Beach