The Cove on Ormond Beach
Driftwood Beach Motel(Ormond Beach)
$80
Atlantic Cove(Ormond Beach)
$67
Super 8 Ormond Beach(Ormond Beach)(Great Value!)
$54
Sleep Inn(Ormond Beach)(Great Value!)
$59
Best Western Castillo Del Sol(Ormond Beach)(Great Value!)
$100
$95
BestWestern.com
$116
$101
$69
$84
Lotus Boutique Inn & Suites(Ormond Beach)(Great Value!)
$86
OceanFront Inn and Suites(Ormond Beach)(Great Value!)
$86
All reviewslazy rivernorth towertime sharewasher and dryerliving roompool areachairs and umbrellasfull kitchengranite countertopsocean viewactivities directorone bedroom unitno pressurehot tubmurphy bedgreat poolpull out couch
Reviewed July 26, 2009

We've stayed at the Cove many times. Our first visit was based on the positive reviews that we read online. We were very pleased with our stay and have since visited many times. We have found that the rates are reasonable for what you get - a full kitchen, living room with pull out bed, separate bedroom, nice size bathroom with tub and shower and beautiful oceanfront views with balcony. If you request a corner unit you get almost floor to ceiling windows on 2 sides which enhances the view.

We have three children ages 3, 9, and 10. The pool is perfect for this age group. There is a beach entry with small play area so little ones can sit and play or wade around without going under. There is a nice winding slide for the older kids that ends in a 4-foot pool. I believe the deepest the entire pool goes is 4 feet. There is a small lazy river which is fun for all ages. There are buckets of water that dump on your head and running water to go under. I highly recommend bringing your own tire floaties, though. When we were there they did not supply them and some people were just walking through the lazy river or using their own small boogie boards.

There is also a nice heated indoor pool. Not huge, but perfect for rainy days, night time swims, or, if you just need a break from the sun.

The pool area is rarely crowded and we've never had a problem finding chairs or tables. They do have umbrellas for many tables, too. And there is a hot tub.

They also grill hamburgers at the pool on certain days. There are camp type activities for the children, too.

The rooms are equipped with flat screen tvs and dvd player. We usually bring up the kids' gamecube or Wii and hook it in to the Tv.

Even though online it may say that rooms are booked, try calling directly or booking through Expedia and you can usually find something.

Lastly, the never crowded beach is just a few feet away from the pool.

Overall, a nice getaway that not too many people know about. You get the luxury of no crowds, reasonable prices, a nice clean room, and a mini version of a resort.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed June 23, 2009

This was our third stay at the Cove. We used to love it. There are still some things we love about it...but, this review is being written as a warning....

Back in the end of January, I reserved our 2 bedroom in the South Tower. The internet showed a price of $129/nite for a 5 nite minimum stay. Being that this was our third trip to the Cove, I felt that this was a wonderful price. I booked the room. Then, I received my confirmation email, which I printed out - however, I was naive not to look at it in detail.

You see, even tho I booked the room for $129/nite (as stated on the internet), the confirmation email printed out had a total of $153/nite. I simply filed it away in my vacation folder and didn't give it a second thot until....

We checked out after our 5 nite stay and we were not given a printed out receipt. For some stupid reason, neither my husband nor I thot anything about it - due to it being our third stay and having thot of the Cove as our "2nd home."

After we returned home and realized our oversight, I went on the internet to check our credit card statement and that's when I discovered how much they charged us. I called immediately to the central reservation and was told that I had to speak with the Cove Manager directly. I left her a voice mail and she called back and spoke with my husband saying that she had to speak with reservations on Monday.

I received an email back from some manager at central reservations saying that he was sorry that I was confused. Huh? I was confused?

Anyway, they will not refund my money.

So, if you do decide to go there and make your reservations on line, please check over the "confirmation" that they send you and make sure that they've charged you the correct amount before you go

Altho we used to love this place, this third visit (did I mention this was our third visit in 2 years?), they put us in a room that overlooked the parking lot of the next hotel (even tho I requested to be right on the beach numerous times and numerous ways), we WILL NOT GO BACK.

So, when you see my review of the Cove from 2 years ago on TripAdvisor, all of that was true and we did love this place. I'm truly sorry that things turned out this way and that I have to write a negative review to warn you.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed June 5, 2009

We booked a suite online and I felt the pictures were deceiving. The rooms were nice, but small. The pool was extremely disappointing, especially to our two teenagers, since the deepest it goes is 3ft. They were also a no smoking facility and did not allow alcohol at the pool. It is located quite a distance from the boardwalk as well. We ended up moving to another hotel, but this is a great place to stay if you have small children.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed June 1, 2009

Paid $140 (tax included) per night for Thursday, Friday, and Saturday for a South Tower luxury one-bedroom, which includes a fold out bed.

The room: Smallish living room, but had beautiful windows showing beach and good-sized balcony. Bedroom was plenty big, and bathroom large with a good shower. The kitchen was fantastic.

The amenities: The pool was a hit with my 6 and 3-year-old boys. There's a big twisting slide, and a lazy river. A mini-water park. And there are plenty of places to lounge for parents. There's also a decent-sized indoor pool if you need to get the kids out of the sun. The gym is nearly useless.

The location: Ormond Beach is a great spot for kids. There aren't a bunch of cars around; it's relatively sparse on the beach, but there are lot of places to walk or to drive nearby to eat or pick up food.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank Hillcrest92103
Reviewed May 3, 2009

We just spent four nights at The Cove in Ormond Beach (May 09). The one bedroom unit was pristeen. The pool was terrific for small children. There were games, an indoor pool, lounges, and arcade games. Everyone was friendly. Good location. The beach was beautiful. Short walk to restaurants, grocery, Starbucks, gourmet market, bank, drug store, etc. My only complaint is the noise from Rt A1A. We were close to the road in the South Tower. Go for the North Tower and tell them not to put you near the road.