“Great for families” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #9 of 28 Hotels in Ormond Beach
Orlando, Florida
“Great for families”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2014

We had a wonderful family vacation at The Cove. The pool is great for families with younger children. Our one bedroom condo was spacious and fully equipped, including a washer and dryer. The staff was helpful and frendly. My only cons were the late check in (4pm) /early check out (10am) and no restaurant or bar.

Overall, we had a great vacation. I was surprised reading some of the negative rwviews because we had a very good experience! We will definitely be back.

• Stayed August 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2014

We stayed here for the pool, splash park. The outdoor pool area and slide was great! It was a good size yet not too big so you could keep track of your kids. The inside pool however looked dirty I thought. The rooms were clean and the staff was friendly. No pool bar...wish they had one for the parents.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Bristol, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014

Check in staff were...terse and didn't seem too happy. The pool area and pool staff were awesome, however. Infuriatingly slow elevators in the South Tower. And the TVs are impossible to operate. They're unstable, you have to turn them on and then off, jiggle the cable box in the back, etc. Was woken up at midnight (yes midnight) by security looking for "someone smoking something". Oddly enough, two guests later tried to hit me up for pot (which I don't do) while at the pool so if you're into marijuana, this must be the place for you. A weird, weird set of occurrences.

The bathroom area didn't have a door between the master bedroom and bath area, and had clear shower doors. A little privacy would be nice when taking a shower especially with kids around. The commode is in a room literally the size of a closet. Otherwise no complaints about the room.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Steve M
Spartanburg, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014

Ocean just a few steps away from anywhere you stay here whether north tower or south. Lazy river with a three story water slide is loads of fun for the whole family. Fast check-in and friendly staff makes for a good start to your vacation.

Room Tip: For families the south tower has two bedrooms with two full size beds in the second bedroom. It also...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Teresa B
Celebration
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

Stayed with family and friends. Staff is untrained in all areas other than ensuring that there is no glass around the pool.

Pros first: location is amazing. pool attendant is very friendly and does her job well. Pool is much smaller than what it appears online but the kids had a great time with it so overall it was actually sufficient. Ocean is literally steps away and you can't beat that. Staff is friendly but incredibly poorly trained.

Cons: I was given absolutely zero information about how the place worked upon checkin. Nobody mentioned there is no daily housekeeping and that you need to come exchange towels daily. Not a big deal really about that but the big deal was that the staff was not trained properly to explain anything upon checkin. I was sent immediately to talk to the time share folks instead. She was not pushy at all though so I had no problem with that part I know they need to do their job.

Day 2 a bottle slipped out of my fridge and sliced my foot open pretty deep. Called front desk and they were pretty uninterested that I told them I was bleeding quite a lot on the floor and could use some help. About 30 minutes later a very nice security person came and gave me a horribly equipped first aid kit with not even anything to wash it out with. Another 30 min went by I called back asking about some peroxide and they said 'they got busy and forgot'. I asked them to send housekeeping to wash the floor bc I bled everywhere they said housekeeping is gone. I asked for floor cleaner to do it myself and they said they could not issue floor cleaner so here I am at the last day of my trip having bled all over the floor and the front desk knows that I asked for help and still the floor has not been washed even after a few gentle reminders. Very poorly trained staff. What if it were more serious? What if I were a sue happy individual? They really screwed up here and the only person who remotely cared about this was another sec guard who found out bc I was again at the front desk asking for my floor to be cleaned properly and he asked a few questions enough to find out that I wasn't planning to sue and walked away.

The first two days of my trip the room key didn't work. For those two days every time I went back up with kids and beach stuff in tow we had to come back down from 7th floor to get another key. It would work once and stop working. Staff was apologetic and kind about it but this went on for two days and so it really became a big deal for us.

The staff was a nice bunch of folks and they would do well with some basic training especially what to do in the event of an injury. The only reason I gave it two stars is bc the kids had fun regardless.

Stayed August 2014
2 Thank Kennedydottie
Diamond R, Manager at The Cove on Ormond Beach, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
Thank you for your comments concerning your recent stay. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you experienced. The response time and communication from our team members, as well as safety is highly important to us here at The Cove on Ormond Beach. Additional training has taken place to assure this will not be a challenge for others. We truly hope that you will allow us the chance to welcome you back for a much more enjoyable stay, and we wish you all the best on your future travels.
Reading, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for one night and would have happily stayed here for longer. The room was very spacious and hard a well equipped kitchen, would have very do able to cook for a group. The decor was modern with comfortable beds.
We found the staff to be very friendly and they went out of their way to find towels for the beach. The hotel is just a stones throw away from the beach and has a reasonable sized pool, ideal for children.
It is true that we were asked a few times about a timeshare but we only had to say no. It shouldn't stop you from going to Hotel.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sarah A
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2014 via mobile

I booked this room through an outside site and had no idea it was a 'resort'. The kind of resort that sent me to get a sales pitch just to pick up my parking pass. If you're into giving 90 minutes of your away for a cheap vacation hotel, this is your place. But I paid full price thinking I was going to be staying at a luxury hotel and got greatly dissatisfied. The staff were neither pleasant nor were they helpful.

• Stayed August 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Anne B
Diamond R, Manager at The Cove on Ormond Beach, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Thank you for your review. We would like to assure you that delivering excellent quality of service and accommodation is the very foundation of our business and it is regretful to learn that the offer you received from our concierge was unwelcomed by you. We frown on high pressure tactics and regret if this had a negative impact on your stay. As a vacation ownership property, solicitation of a sales presentation is part of the check in process and while many of our guests are interested to find out more about our product, guests of the resort are not required to attend this presentation, unless they are staying on a promotional trip and need only decline the first time not to receive and further offers. If you would like to give us another chance to make a better impression on you in future; our friendly staffs eagerly awaits to serve you again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ormond Beach
OceanFront Inn and Suites
OceanFront Inn and Suites
#4 of 28 in Ormond Beach
Daytona Beach Resort and Conference Center
Daytona Beach Resort and Confere...
#16 of 102 in Daytona Beach
Chateau Mar Beach Resort
Chateau Mar Beach Resort
#13 of 28 in Ormond Beach
Atlantic Cove
Atlantic Cove
#20 of 28 in Ormond Beach

Been to The Cove on Ormond Beach? Share your experiences!