“Great place to relax”

The Cove on Ormond Beach
Ranked #8 of 29 Hotels in Ormond Beach
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Our family own timeshare and we traded in for a week on the beach. What a delightful resort. The view from our room was beautiful We were in south tower on 7th floor. Many nights I sat on the balcony watching the water until it was dark. The resort is right on beach. Ocean was warm. We didn't hang out by the pool much as it wasn't that type of vacation for us this time.
The rooms were nice. Lots of space in the kitchen for cooking. I really enjoyed this resort.
The checkin was the only hassle as there is only the one elevator for the south tower. We didn't participate in the meal plan with timeshare tour...again..not that type of vacation for us this time.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank NFLyoungs
There are newer reviews for The Cove on Ormond Beach

Reviewed September 11, 2012

took my wife and daughter(4) we loved it, the slide was fun even my daughter loved it. The staff was great. will return again.the room was great and had a beautiful view. fully equiped kitchen, and comfortable beds

Room Tip: if you want to smoke go to the north tower you can smoke on the balcony, but not in the rooms
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Brad B
Reviewed September 10, 2012

We stayed here for 5 nights in May 2012. The room was a good size for 2 people and had great facilities (well kitted out kitchen and TV/DVD player). The view of the beach that you get from every room is great to wake up to on a morning. The pool area at the hotel was also very good and had lots of seating areas and sunbeds. It also has direct access to the beach and also provides sunbeds for the beach too. The local area surrounding the hotel is also very good. Just a short walk from the hotel there is a little row of shops with a Starbucks and a couple of other little food shops. There are also some nice eating places in walking distance.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Ross_W88
Reviewed September 9, 2012

I am an owner at the Cove. I scheduled my stay through Club Navigo. First time I called I was told no rooms were avaible for the days I wanted. When called back the next day there were rooms avaible for the same dates. They switched my choice from the day before to The Cove. The resort is in a good location but on a major street so crossing the street needs to be very careful. I was in the South Tower which contains the 2br, 2 bath units. Yes one of the smoking areas is at the front door so you have to walk by people sitting there smoking. Some people had problems with the automatic front door opening. Had no problems using the only elevator.
The room was acceptable as far as cleaniness but a few cooking items had not been very well cleaned. Unit has a washer/dryer. The beds were comfortable and we had no problems there. Two complete bathrooms. One room had 2 twin beds and the master had a king.
our view was a south view of the ocean.
The furniture is starting to show age and use and needs to be update soon. The pool was fun and its big enough for the resort. The walk to the beach and water is not as far as some people make it to be. We had 2 days where afternoon thunder storms came up.
We found the staff to be friendly and helpful. If you are an owner you might have to do a meeting but if not interested make it clear. There are several days where they offer either a free breakfast, or lunch.
I enjoyed my stay and will probably come to visit again. The resort is not far at all from Daytona Beach.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
5  Thank koachbillyatl
Reviewed September 3, 2012

This is about the 5th time we have stayed at The Cove and as always it was great. It is always wonderful seeing Jennifer and Angela at the front desk. They both are always so pleasant and helpful. They always make our stay so memorable and we really appreciate them. We were very impressed with Boston Bob's consistent strong worth ethic. It is people like them that make a hotel seem like home.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank happyandretired318
Reviewed August 30, 2012

We own timeshare points through a resort in the Orlando area. One resort we can use is The Cove. We sometimes just come for the day as a day guest. We enjoy using the facility. The pool area is nice and of course being right on the beach is a huge plus. Sometimes it's not easy finding a chair during the busy months though. The staff are pleasant and we haven't had any issues on the cleanliness of the property. We have also been there when they have their afternoon lunch cookout. Simple food but it's good. The lazy river in the pool is relaxing and even the adults like the water slide. All in all, we have a good time whenever we have been there.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Lisa P
Reviewed August 13, 2012

just finished a week stay at the cove . I was alittle nervous based on the mixed reviews on this site but overall we had a wonderful stay. I am an "ownwer " and this was the first time I traded to stay here. I traveled with teenagers and my mother. The rooms were spacious and very clean . The rooms were quiet and I never heard my neighbors. the kitchen was stocked with any supply we needed to use. The bathrooms were very clean. We had a very pretty view of the ocean and it was a very nice quiet beach away from Daytona. The location was within a half hour drive of the water activities such as para sailing and fishing tours. Never once did we see any bugs in the room.When we checked in I told them that I nor anyone in my party was interested in hearing the sales pitch and none of us were never bothered on vacation.The front desk was very helpful anytime I needed them.

this is a place me and my family will be staying at again!!!

Room Tip: the south tower had laundry appliances in the room
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family