“Pleasant surprise”

Ranked #2 of 28 Hotels in Ormond Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Pleasant surprise”
Reviewed July 11, 2014

We wanted a place right off I-95, so we booked a king non-smoking room for a late night check-in, just passing through. We arrived around 11pm and the staff took care of checking us in quickly and politely. They were so friendly and welcoming! The room was large and clean. Breakfast the next morning was included - make your own waffles, cereal, fruit, juices, coffee, yogurt, pastries. We were very pleased with our stay and would definitely return.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kwtraveler
Raoul G, General Manager at Super 8 Ormond Beach, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Dear kwtraveler, We are thrilled to hear that your quick stopover from a long day of traveling was a pleasant surprise for you. The staff know that when guests arrive late that they just want to stretch out and kick back, so I'm happy to hear that you quickly were in your room and enjoying the comfort and cleanliness we provide. Thank you for mentioning our Quick Start Breakfast. It is quick simple but comments from guests like yourself have been that it has a good variety, is healthy and quick. Thank you for saying that you will return on your next visit, building relationships with guests is very important to our business and caring about what they need and are looking for is key to building that relationship. Thanks again and see you soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
  • Finnish first
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed July 10, 2014

Clean rooms, facilities that worked and friendly staff. Great value. Smoking and nonsmoking rooms would be a plus, but if you don't like it, you can normally get moved - the staff is very helpful and accommodating.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Bryan8k9
Dear bryan8K9, Thank you for taking a few minutes to write a review about your recent stay at the Super 8 in Ormond Beach. We are all so happy to hear that your stay was restful and that you found the accommodations clean and the service friendly. We do pride ourselves on making sure every guest has a great stay and as you mentioned will do whatever we can to make sure that if it's not right...to make it right. We do offer both smoking and non-smoking rooms most of which are non-smoking. I am happy to hear that we did you get in a room that met your expectations. Thanks again and we hope to see you again in the near future.
Reviewed June 20, 2014

I had to find a place to stay for the first 18 days of June while waiting for and apartment. I could not afford a fancy motel so I picked Ormond Super 8. It's location put me close to everywhere I needed to go. While not fancy it was very clean, had a microwave and fridge and was quite except for the trucks on the highway. Most important to me was the fantastically friendly, helpful staff. I am retired so I was pretty much there 24/7. The staff became part of my family and I really felt that I was home among friends.

Besides Raoul the GM, I would Iike to especially thank Carmen Rosado and Jackie Avery. Anything I needed they took care of.

If you stay here you will be certain to enjoy it.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Ed L
Raoul G, General Manager at Super 8 Ormond Beach, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Dear Ed L, Your "family" at the Super 8 already all miss you and hope that you are getting settled in your new home. It was completely our pleasure to provide you with the service and cleanliness that you expected. I have shared your comments with Jackie and Carmen and they were thrilled that they made a difference and a positive impact during your stay. That is our goal each and everyday. WE hope that we see you again soon when traveling by and wish you the very best. Thank you again for your very kind words and for taking the time to leave your comments.
Hilton Head Island
Reviewed June 16, 2014

Don't judge it by the first look. Its close to food ,I-95 (but not next to)., easy to get to rooms . A bit dated ,.but clean and had great beds and a good price. I knew there was a family next door but never heard voices or tv . Would recommend for anyone looking for a nice bargain motel.

Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Robert M
Dear Robert M, Sir, we appreciate that you took the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. As the saying goes "don't judge a book but it's cover" , we are an older building but yet through recent remodeling and on-going improvements, we strive to provide a clean room, comfortable sleep and a quick healthy breakfast all in a modern setting, of course with friendly service and all at a good value. As you mentioned, there are many conveniences located nearby and easy access on and off the interstate. We appreciate that you would recommend to others traveling in the area. It means so much to us. Thanks again!