“My family for 18 days” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 28 Hotels in Ormond Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
“My family for 18 days”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2014

I had to find a place to stay for the first 18 days of June while waiting for and apartment. I could not afford a fancy motel so I picked Ormond Super 8. It's location put me close to everywhere I needed to go. While not fancy it was very clean, had a microwave and fridge and was quite except for the trucks on the highway. Most important to me was the fantastically friendly, helpful staff. I am retired so I was pretty much there 24/7. The staff became part of my family and I really felt that I was home among friends.

Besides Raoul the GM, I would Iike to especially thank Carmen Rosado and Jackie Avery. Anything I needed they took care of.

If you stay here you will be certain to enjoy it.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
2 Thank Ed L
Raoul G, General Manager at Super 8 Ormond Beach, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Dear Ed L, Your "family" at the Super 8 already all miss you and hope that you are getting settled in your new home. It was completely our pleasure to provide you with the service and cleanliness that you expected. I have shared your comments with Jackie and Carmen and they were thrilled that they made a difference and a positive impact during your stay. That is our goal each and everyday. WE hope that we see you again soon when traveling by and wish you the very best. Thank you again for your very kind words and for taking the time to leave your comments.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
  • Finnish first
Hilton Head Island
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2014

Don't judge it by the first look. Its close to food ,I-95 (but not next to)., easy to get to rooms . A bit dated ,.but clean and had great beds and a good price. I knew there was a family next door but never heard voices or tv . Would recommend for anyone looking for a nice bargain motel.

Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Robert M
Dear Robert M, Sir, we appreciate that you took the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. As the saying goes "don't judge a book but it's cover" , we are an older building but yet through recent remodeling and on-going improvements, we strive to provide a clean room, comfortable sleep and a quick healthy breakfast all in a modern setting, of course with friendly service and all at a good value. As you mentioned, there are many conveniences located nearby and easy access on and off the interstate. We appreciate that you would recommend to others traveling in the area. It means so much to us. Thanks again!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2014 via mobile

Staff was very nice, even helped me get my bags to my room on the second floor! Very welcoming to my service dog. Fridge and microwave in room. Very clean and secure room. Not the best location but close to interstate to get where you need to go. Nice shopping area across the street with restaurants. DQ next door. Very happy with my stay.

• Stayed June 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Location
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
1 Thank Vettech11789
Dear vettech, We appreciate you taking the time to write such a nice review. It is always our pleasure to assist our guest anyway we can to make them feel welcome and as comfortable as possible. Our rooms are modestly equipped with amenities and not all rooms come with a micro/fridge and am happy to hear that you found your room to meet your traveling needs. We are located off the interstate along with several other hotels, restaurants, shops, gas stations, a Love's truck stop and a Harley Davidson store. It can be a very busy place. It makes us all feel very good that you found your stay to so satisfying. We look forward to an opportunity to host your next stay as well.