“cant wait to return!”

Super 8 Ormond Beach
Ranked #2 of 29 Hotels in Ormond Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed May 28, 2012

my husband and i went to the super 8, not really expecting much.. but when we arrived we were welcomed by the upmost respectable young woman, sarah!! she was very polite and gave great advice for fun activities to do whilst in town. i loved that we had a coffee maker in the room, and vending/ laundry facilty on site. great place for just pulling off the highway to get a great nights rest! thanks again sarah. i give this place 4 stars!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank fred h
Deborah B, Manager at Super 8 Ormond Beach, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2012

Dear fred h:

Thank you for your very kind review regarding our Super 8. We agree with you, Sarah is appreciated for her diligence and hard work and it is always nice when we can let her know that our guests appreciated her efforts. We will be sure to let her know. Thank you for your stay and we also look forward to your return and until then Happy Travels.

Reviewed May 28, 2012

No complaints about the rooms whatsoever - we were very pleased! Perfectly clean and fit myself, my husband, and two boys comfortably. There was a large TV with cable, a microwave, and a mini fridge. The beds were made each day, the towels replaced, and the room cleaned. The housekeeper even made sure to always place my youngest son's teddy bear on his nicely made bed each day for him.

The continental breakfast is served from 6-9am and includes cereals (honey nut cheerios and corn flakes), muffins (blueberry/banana nut), english muffins, bagels (with cream cheese), oatmeal, fresh fruit - and drinks like hot cocoa, coffee, orange and apple juices, and milk. We would grab things to go each morning on our way out to the beach, Saint Augustine, etc.

The front staff was simply wonderful and very friendly. Jackie was great with such little requests as extra towels and an extra pillow, and the GM Deborah made sure we had a comfortable stay and chatted with my husband and I for a good while before our departure morning.

We will absolutely be back, and highly recommend this hotel to anyone wanting a great hotel at an extremely reasonable rate!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Kimberley0212
Management response:Responded July 1, 2012

Dear Kimberley0212,

It is our pleasure to meet each and every one of our guests. Thank you for such a wonderful review! It seems that you have captured the very essence of our heart. You notice the little things that we try to do daily in order to give our guests the kind of experience that you mentioned in your review. It is your review of appreciation that keeps our joy in being in the hospitality business. We look forward to seeing you again and until then Happy Travels!

Reviewed May 28, 2012

Stayed here on 5/26. I just could not get past the dirty mattresses in our room. Will someone tell me why these mattresses are not wrapped in plastic? Just disgusting, I could barely sleep. We also asked the front desk for an additional pillow twice, never received one. Room was just okay, it was clean enough. There was an infestation of beetles in the parking lot that needs to be taken care of. Breakfast was cheap pastries...at least they were wrapped in plastic. :) No pool either.

Keep looking, you can find better.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank donnalh333
Management response:Responded July 1, 2012

Dear donnalh333,

I am very sorry for your experience in our hotel. It is always distressing to us that we did not meet your expectations in any area of your stay. We understand your feelings and concerns regarding our mattresses. We make every attempt to make sure that they are as clean as possible. There is absolutely no excuse for your request of an extra pillow not being fulfilled and I profusely apologize for this oversight. We are using your review as a teaching opportunity and hope that you would give us an opportunity in the future to show you that we do deserve the reviews that we receive on Trip Advisor.

Reviewed May 21, 2012

Although the linens were clean, the carpet was covered with dirty spots and the tile floor of the bath room area was very dirty. Contact with their complaint # was unsatisfactory. Arrived very tired and at night so it was not readily visible upon arrival.

Room Tip: Inspect carefully before signing in
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Jean P
Deborah B, Manager at Super 8 Ormond Beach, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2012

Dear Jean P:

I apologize that your stay was not up to your expectations and especially distressed that your disatisfaction was not mentioned upon check out. We always strive to resolve any guest concerns while they are still our guests for complete satisfaction. I am especially concerned that you did not feel that our mutually agreed upon resolution was not satisfactory. Upon speaking with you yesterday, I have completed the transaction as discussed and hope that you are now satisfied to the resolution of your stay. Once again, our guest satisfaction is first and foremost the most important to us. A clean comfortable room along with a friendly smiling face after a long time on the road. We hope that should you ever visit our area again, you will give us an opportunity to WOW you.

Reviewed May 20, 2012

Why is this getting good reviews? Clean? More like bearable. (If you're not too squeamish.) 10:00 - checking in at night the desk person was very nice and helpful. (I'll give 'em that.) It's a cheap room. It's rough. Nothing delicate about it. But I had to get outta there. Just too many of us in the room. I killed the first two wall crawlers. Took off my shoe to get the one at shoulder height. Side kicked a lower wall crawler without taking off my shoe. But when the 2" palmetto bug showed up on the floor under the sink a couple minutes later I said, ok. You guys win. I'm outta here. Got a receipt for a refund. Lotta time wasted.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank sailin s

Dear sailin s: We are very distressed that your experience with our Super 8 was not up to your expectations. Thank you for your kind words regarding your check in process. Finding a wall crawler in a room certainly is not something that we like to hear and do everything possible including utilizing a well known reputable and reliable preventive maintenance company. I am glad that we were able to provide a refund so that you were not further inconvenienced. It is our policy to check each room for cleanliness and functionality of the room and address any issues. Once again, I apologize that your stay was less than stellar. If you are ever in the area, please contact me. We would appreciate an opportunity to redeem ourselves.

Reviewed May 11, 2012

Motel was easy to find. Small lobby, with computer for guests. Room was clean, neat and comfortable. Woman at the desk was helpful in helping us find a place to eat. We would definetely stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cpicasner
Deborah B, Manager at Super 8 Ormond Beach, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2012

Dear cpicasner,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know that you appreciated our clean, neat and comfortable rooms as well as letting us know that our staff was able to assist you with locating a place to dine. We are happy to hear that you will stay with us again and until then Happy Travels!

Reviewed April 19, 2012

Me and my husband recently stayed at this location while our home was being fumigated. The housekeeping staff Jessi and Carman were very friendly and effecient with the extra towels we requested. Betty at the front desk was very pleasant! Great service and deffantly brightened our situation! We will be referring our friends to stay there!

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank Paigerobinson1220

Dear Paigerobinson1220

Thank you for your wonderful review of your stay at our hotel. It is always a pleasure to read about our wonderful staff and we thank you for your special shout out to Carmen, Jessie and Ms. Betty. They appreciate it when our guests take the time to notice their special brand of Customer Service. We look forward to greeting your friends and family and hope to see you again, until then Happy Travels!