“BED BUGS!!!!!!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Mississippi
“BED BUGS!!!!!!”
Reviewed April 10, 2011

My husband and I stayed here 4/1/11 while traveling on business. We were only there one night and just needed a place to sleep and we were just passing through. It looked clean enough and was convenient to the interstate. We checked in and left for a ride into Daytona Beach and a late dinner. We left the next morning and leterally only unsed the room for about 8 hrs to sleep. About 24 hrs later, I thought I had been bitten by mosquitoes, but it only got progressively worse. I am covered in bed bug bites and it takes 2-3 weeks to heal. I am 52 yrs old and have never experienced anything so miserable. We do not have bugs in our home and this is the only place we stayed so it had to have happened there. I will never stay here again......got a good rate, but it is costing me plenty both physically and financially!!!!!!! P.S. - the free interenet did not work either.....pales incomparison to the bedbugs....

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank jcmissdoc

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
  • Finnish first
Delray Beach, FL
Reviewed January 7, 2010

We stayed here just one night. Found it with this little coupon book that one picks up at gas stations and at Denny's on the way. With the coupon you can get a nice discount. It's probably a two star hotel, not fancy, but was unexpectedly pleased with how comfortable it was. It was very very cold out and without having to put on a noisy heater the room was extremely well insulated and comfortable. Sheets and towels were clean.

The staff we met were very hospitable, friendly and helpful. At night when we checked in there was one lovely lady and the next morning at the desk there was a lovely couple. They even had a breakfast bar down at the lobby. Not really great, but with Cheerios, Oatmeal packages, coffee and juice. All very clean and well kept.

the room was very comfortable with clean sheets, tv and nice comfortable temperature hot and cold water.

The location was fabulous. We were hungry and went right across the street for dinner at a great sports bar, forget the name, but it was great!

The only downside was when looking for something when I left I saw a condom behind the bed in a hard to get place. So guess the maid missed that place.

Other than that one flaw, I would highly recommend this place as a very cheap and comfortable place.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank naturetraillady
BELLWOOD,PA
Reviewed December 20, 2009

The wife and I took a trip from home in Pa. to Key West over Christmas. We drove all night so we wanted to stay somewhere for the night before finishing our trip to the keys. We traveled I-95 and got off at exit 273. The Super 8 was right there so we stopped in. We met the manager Dave when we went in. He was polite and courtious. We asked for a room for the nightand had a savings book we picked up at the welcome center when entering Florida. He saw we had the coupon book and even cut the coupon out for us. We paid $51 to stay on a Friday night. I did notice the motel was "older" but regardless it was well kept and clean. Our room was the standard 2 bed with a TV. Nothing fancy but that was fine with us. We just needed a place to sleep for the night. Plenty of places to eat in the area. Destination Daytona is right across the street. If you like Halrey's you'll be in heaven. Good BBQ is for sure. A breakfast is offered by the motel but we just got on our way in the monring so I have no idea what it's like. If your passing though and need a place to spend the night or looking for a weekend stop this motel will do nicely.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DJENKINS16617
BUTLER
Reviewed May 14, 2008

The room was dirty, the sheets on the beds were dirty, there was mold on the walls in the bathroom and the light in the bathroom didn't work.

The key card had the room number written on it which means they were not generating new codes each time the room was rented and by writing the number on the key card if one of the people in the room lost the card, whom ever found it could simply enter your room.

After seeing the dirty beds (and I mean disgustingly filthy, used sheets) we decided not to stay. The clerk refused to refund our money. We just left, drove an additional hour west and stayed at a very nice Holiday Inn Express.

I asked Super 8 Corporate for a refund and they refused our claim, telling me that the clerk claimed we had stayed several hours and made a mess of the place. I faxed copies of the credit card bill from the Super 8 and the Holiday inn. The time was 1 hour and 25 mintues apart and it is a 65 mile drive. Shown that evidence, Super 8 refunded our money.

This dump may have improved since 2003, but I will never stay at a Super 8 again.

• Liked — It was easy to get away from
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed April 2003, traveled with family
2 Thank Spiceumup
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed July 15, 2007

Stayed here for 1 night on a trip to South FL and back. Motel is right off of I-95, which is convenient. Room is a typical Super 8. It was very big, but sparse. Bed was average. The sheets were very loose and ended up being pulled off of the mattress during the night. Lots of noise in the a.m. since door opened up directly onto the parking lot. Not good since we got in late and we're hoping to sleep in for a little bit. Some people still don't get it that you don't have to YELL into a cellphone to be heard by the person on the other end.

• Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jefe96
Sanford
Reviewed March 23, 2007

great price. david & cora, the managers were very nice.

• Liked — great bed and good service
  • Disliked — not beachfront
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank rpdigital
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed August 17, 2006

Needed a room for the night in the area, so checked Orbitz and this was the cheapest, at $37 plus tax. Typically, staying at a 1 or 2-star motel, I don't get my hopes up. Check-in was easy, with very friendly & efficient personnel. The room appeared to have been recently renovated, with new carpeting and bed spreads. There were no problems with the room - TV and cable worked fine, AC was cold, and bathroom was fully functional with a nice shower. The mattress was good enough to give me a great night's sleep. I would stay here again if in the area and looking to spend as little money possible. I did not partake in the free continental breakfast but it appeared to be edible.

• Liked — Cheap and clean with motivated staff
  • Disliked — Nothing, given the price
  • Tips/Secrets — Plenty of restaurants in the area. A short drive to Daytona Beach and across from the new Harley-Davidson dealership.
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank Dave C