“Snowbirds heading to Florida” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Ormond Beach

Days Inn Ormond Beach
Ranked #22 of 27 Hotels in Ormond Beach

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

We chose this at the last minute after looking at the options available for this exit from I-95in the hotel coupon book we picked up at the Florida welcome center. We were not disappointed.

The room only cost $35, including breakfast. It was in the back away from the highway, on the first floor and we could park the car outside the room. The front desk person was efficient and listened to my request, told me how to hook up wireless Internet. The room was comfortable, definitely not 5 star, but adequate for a quiet one night stay near the highway.

I travel with Lysol wipes and wiped the sink, toilet seat and tv remote. But I have also done that in a Ritz Carleton. This is heavy duty flu season and while I am not obsessive about germs, I am never sure who was here last and what critters they may have left behind.

Several restaurants, including fast food chains, within reasonable distance.

Room Tip: First floor, on side away from highway
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Davidson, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

I booked this hotel for a stop over night, mostly because of the price but also proximity to I95. The front desk person was neither pleasant nor unpleasant. Got a 1st floor room. On the surface it appeared clean but the room had a smell to it that after a while became uncomfortable. I couldn't really identify what it was--dirty AC filter, typical 1st floor FL motel or maybe even a dog odor from a previous occupant. My fault, I did not go back to the front desk to request a change so I'm not complaining, I chose to deal with it. Perhaps a second floor room might have been better and I would suggest that to anyone stopping there for the night. Also, other than a McDonald's, there wasn't much nearby and being unfamiliar with the area didn't feel comfortable venturing too far. However, it was right at the bottom of the ramp off I95 southbound so location was very good.

Room Tip: choose upper floor
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Travelers are raving about these Ormond Beach hotels

Playa del Carmen, Mexico
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

We've stayed in Several Days Inns over the years and have been well satified. This experience was a sore exception. There was dried toothpaste left in the sink from the previous occupant; the towels were few and very harsh; the floor had not been vacuumed very well. We didn't stay for the continental breakfast, as after seeing the kind of shape the room was in, I was afraid to see what might come out of the kitchen facility. Access back onto I-95 southbound was difficult. Had to make an illegal U turn on a red light to avoid going way out of the way.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple