“Great motel convenient to the speedway” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Days Inn Ormond Beach

Days Inn Ormond Beach
Ranked #23 of 28 Hotels in Ormond Beach
Outer Banks, NC
“Great motel convenient to the speedway”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2012

We stayed here while in town for the Daytona 24 hour race. Front desk personnel are very friendly and helpful. Our room was clean and the furniture was fairly new. The TV had plenty of channels and the WiFi worked well.

We ate the Continental Breakfast each morning and it was your normal fare with some strangely "flat bagels" that tasted just fine.

Train tracks run behind the motel and we heard a freight train come through one night.

The location is right along I-95 with easy access on and off the interstate. The rate was low and I think that I got a good value for my dollar. I will stay here again when in the area.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank obxninja

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2012

Room/Property: average. The room was normal size for days inn. The bed was comfortable, surprisingly so for a hotel that looked like this. We had 2 rooms, one of the rooms had a definite mildew odor, we could not move because the room was fully booked. Breakfast: very very limited. Toast, waffles, juice and coffee. The coffee regularly ran out during peak periods. It was Daytona Bike week so of course there was noise, but if you are here during bike week, you MUST expect noise, so no problem. PROBLEM: the reservation. We initially booked this room outside of bike week. The city of Daytona Beach then moved bike week. So the hotel emailed us and told us they were going to almost triple our rate. This is specifically NOT ALLOWED per the online agreement you acknowledge with the hotel on the Days Inn website. I informed the owner of this and he said he knew that but he was going to cancel my reservation anyway. I filed a complaint with Days Inn. They fully agreed that he could NOT due this, but they (Days Inn Inc) do NOT have the authority to change it, but they would recommend that he change it IAW the website usage agreement. The only way he put the reservation back in was after I talked to AMEX. I guess this got things moving, because he put the reservation back in. BOTTOM LINE for this: it took me about 15 hours of phone calls to get this straightened out. Upon arrival, the GM was very very cooperative and we were charged properly.

Room Tip: Worlds Largest Harley Dealer is across the street, get a room away from that for best quiet time.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank skirkland68
Foster, Rhode Island
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2012

I had stayed in 3 Hotels before I came to Days inn and those hotel were horrible, but when I went I came to Days Inn , the lobby was clean the staff was awesome the rooms were awesome, housekeeping was awesome I highly recommend Days Inn .

Room Tip: Rooms facing the pool are sunny
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank roxana l
Binghamton, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2012

Spent one night in that hotel on the way down to Miami.
Hotel is easy to find, since its on the highway.
Rooms were clean and everything was working well.
Breakfast offered in the morning was enough to start my day.
Finally I forgot some pullovers there and they kept it there for me a whole week long until I came back.
What can one demand more for that reasonable price?
My full recommendation.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Herodott
Haines City, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2012

Went there this past weekend.The room was very clean.The owners was very nice and helpful.That made our stay a pleasent one and took our pet. That is one of the thing we look for when finding a room.We also got a great price on the room.Will stay there again when we return to Daytona area.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Evelyn A
Knoxville, TN
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2012

Overall, this property was OK. There were some areas in the rooms that needed to be updated (walls and doors). The wi-fi didn't work most of time.

It's true that continental breakfast isn't much. Could definitely use more variety there.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank SlideEmHere
Mifflintown
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2011

This property used to be the Mainsail. It is now Days Inn. The weather, sea and salt have corroded much of the exterior fixtures. An effort has been made in rooms to provide adequate beds, bedding, etc. Because of that I rate it a 3. Continental breakfast was almost non-existent. Items had been provided, but not re-stocked. Breakfast was from 8 a.m to 10 a.m. and it was all gone by 8:30 a.m. Room needed some repairs that weren't made while we were here (trim loose on closet door); lights weren't plugged in and some were behind heavy furniture. Beds were comfortable and linens were nice. Located right on the beach. Outdoor furniture old and worn. Pool needed work.

Room Tip: Ask to look at the room BEFORE you rent it. If management refuses, believe me, you don't want t...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family