“Beautiful place”

Casa Del Mar, Ascend Resort Collection
A TripAdvisor Member
owensboro,ky
Reviewed June 3, 2006

We have a time share in pigeon forge tenn. and swapped our week for casa del mar. It was very nice and we had a beautiful week of weather. the only drawback we can see is sales people hounding you coming out of restaraunts to go see a time share property so you can get a FREE meal!!!!!!!! don't like that much but other than that really nice, also the waffle house across the street....... GREAT BREAKFAST!!!!!!!! Many excellent retaraunts in ormond.

• Stayed: May 2006
4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Reviewed May 14, 2006

This was our first BlueGreen Vacation and I was very disappointed. I expected more. When we first checked in, they sent us to a room that was still being renovated. Then, since it was my first Time Share vacation - I didn't realize that I had to exchange my towels and linens and they did not inform me of this at the front desk. I had to use my Bonus time for the first few days and we stayed in a nice size two bedroom/two bath condo, but for the remaining four days I had to use my points. So, we had to change rooms and we got a smaller room two beds/1 bath - very small compared to the first room. I also asked Customer Service upon my arrival if I could remain in the same room during my stay, but they said that there was nothing that they could do. Customer Service sucked!! The maids were rude and the front desk clerk looked as though she was on something. Not a good example of a Blue Green Resort. The pool and the beach was nice. Me and my infant son broke out in some type of hives. I'm not sure if it was caused by "bed bugs" or the chlorine in the pool. I just know it first appeared the first morning after we moved to the smaller room and it didn't start clearing up until we left the resort. Also, right after I moved to the smaller room, I received a call from one of the maids telling me that since I didn't remove the linens and there was some popcorn on the floor - I might receive a cleaning charge on my bill. Well, I spoke to the mgr and let him know that I was not aware of the linen removal process and he told me don't worry about it.

• Stayed: April 2006
12  Thank melindad928
Reviewed March 3, 2006

This was our first BlueGreen vacation. We had guests coming to stay with us for part of our week and I was a little nervous after reading some of these reviews but when we arrived I was thrilled. The room, staff and amenities were wonderful. The kitchen was fully stocked with everything you need to prepare a meal except for a cookie sheet - it would have been helpful but we made due without. Anything we asked for was provided. Yes, we did have to exchange our towels and linens ourselves but it wasn't a big deal, the folks in housekeeping were very accomodating - it also was no big deal because it's just a quick stop in the hallway near the lobby. (You go to the lobby at least once a day anyway) Free daily papers were also provided.
The BlueGreen people just off of the lobby were also very helpful and accomodating. The exercise and laundry rooms were very close to each other so you could do your laundry and work out at the same time.
The hot tub was a great place in the evening when the temperature got cool.
We will definetly return.

Patti and Bob
Woodbury, MN

• Stayed: February 2006
19  Thank pmatts19
A TripAdvisor Member
Shawnee, KS
Reviewed September 24, 2005

For a Bluegreen facility, we were disappointed. We booked this in July and used all our yearly points as it was listed as peak season. The area was desolate-very few tourists that week. We had stayed at one in Branson, MO and were so impressed. This one had mold on the showers that fell off everytime you opened the door. Room smelled smokey. There had been some effort to spruce up paint and some wallpaper but rooms looked and felt old. The pool was nice and of course, we loved the beach. The front desk was unoccupied a lot it seemed everytime we stopped by. A little stingy with trash bags and items needed during the week. It was not what I would consider a 4 star resort at all.

Stayed: September 2005
17  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 26, 2005

Be careful if you stay during Easter. We were awaken at 4 am by an Easter sunrise band testing their sound equipment setup right in front of the resort on the beach. This continued off and on until the service started at 6 am. A call to the front desk and management received a reply that nothing could be done about it. A call to local Police gave an answer that the group had a permit and that nothing could be done about it. It was the day we were leaving and so we did not get adequate sleep for the drive home. Management did not advise the guests to expect this although when questioned, they explained that this occurs every year and that nothing could be done about it. If they had made us aware, we could have planned around the interuption in sleep. We did complain to the local authorities that granted the permit, but we do not know if anything was ever done about it.

• Stayed: April 2004
8  Thank hdcoley2
Reviewed March 18, 2005

My husband and I went to Fla for the first time. It was a nice honeymoon we didn't have when we married over 15 yrs before . We stayed at the Casa Del Mar which we were in Daytona area. The staff was very good to us. We had the best time while we were staying there.
I would tell my friends if you want a great place to stay. You should stay at the Casa Del Mar.
It is a excellent resort to stay at. You will have a great time.

Judi Shaw

7  Thank Whitestar59
Reviewed March 10, 2005

Had a 2bed/2bath suite...festive tropical colored decor, decent layout except as previously posted, the master bedroom doesn't have it's own connecting bath. My husband I were travelling sans children, so this was fine, but may be awkward if travelling with others as you have to pass through the living/dining/kitchen area to access the bathroom. There is a decent kitchen stocked with all utensils, plates, glasses, etc- even a blender if you fancy mixing up something cool and fruity! We found the staff to be very friendly and accomodating with activities planned for all ages if you care to participate. The beach was beautiful with a beach patrol station just off the property. Enjoyed the hot tub and found some souveniers in the little gift shop at a better price than most of the retailers we looked into on the strip. Our biggest disappointment was the 2 times we ordered out for pizza and found it very bland- personal tastes, I guess, but disappointed just the same. There is a 24hr Waffle House right across the street that provides a decent meal selection and a Dollar General to pick up any odds & ends you may need. Also a nice looking miniature golf place kitty corner from Casa Del Mar- we didnt get to try it out, but they did have an afternoon scheduled to go and provided discounts to guests. We enjoyed our stay and will be back again next year!

• Stayed: February 2005