Casa Del Mar, Ascend Resort Collection
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Great 4.5/5
Driftwood Beach Motel(Ormond Beach)
Good 3.5/5
Corvette Inn(Ormond Beach)
View Hotel
Makai Beach Lodge(Ormond Beach)
Average 3/5
Atlantic Cove(Ormond Beach)
Average 3/5
Very Good 4/5
Good 3.5/5
Symphony Beach Club(Ormond Beach)
Great 4.5/5
All reviewshot tubpool areabluegreen ownersliving areawashers and dryersparking garageliving room and kitchenbath condoan updatetime sharelaundry roomshuffle boarda king size bedice makerspent nightsstaff was very friendly and helpfulgas station
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 28, 2012

My husband and I were here at the Casa Del Mar from June 9 through the 16th and have nothing to complain about. It was a nice room overlooking the pool area and ocean. The room was plenty big for the two of us. Staff was very friendly and helpful. We were in room 315 and were very pleased with the resort. We will probably go back in the future. The beach was really nice -- no jellyfish or seaweed, and the water was warm. The lifeguard tower was right next door to resort which made us feel very safe. We had a very nice vacation.

Room Tip: I would definitely get a larger room if more than 2 people are in party. We had the larger one bedroom and it was fine for 2 people but would have been very cramped for more than that.
2  Thank Lisa P
Reviewed June 23, 2012

Stayed the 2nd weekend in June with husband and our two 12 year children in the 2 br part. oceanview.

First our view...from the kitchen/living room window & the one balconey you can view the ocean...(our unit was on the top floor in the corner. mostly a street view...which wasn't bad either for people watching. There is a mini golf course right across the street from the resort.)

Both bedrooms (one king & two twin) were a very nice size. The bed & pillows were so comfortable I need to contact BG to see if they are available for retail purchase.

I felt the shared living area was somewhat small for a 2 bedroom, however we were never really in the room except at bedtime. ( I think our family has just been spoiled with the space of our BG timeshare, which we love).

The pool area always had an open lounge chair, we made friends at the hot tub Friday night, and steps away from the most beautiful beach we have been to in years. The beach was wide, the sand never got hot (however it was mostly overcast the weekend we were there, so not sure if that had something to do with it...) and the water was wonderful. There is a strong tide. Our children rented Boogie Boards from vendor Sharon both days. ($5 2 hrs, $10 a day). They really got their money's worth with the waves & LOVED it. Were surprised the Dollar General across the street weren't selling cheaper boogie boards???

Had drinks & lunch at Parrots.....Really wished I would have gotten the name of the women serving us Saturday afternoon. She went above and beyond not only with us, but everyone we saw her serve. (Without asking she offered to fill someone's small cooler with ice).

Check in was fast, friendly, & the kids enjoyed the little "goodie bag" we received. (Samples of his/her "Axe" products, various trial size products). Poliety declined the "owners update" which is nothing more then a really long sales pitch.

After being here for a couple hours, my daughter asked "Mom, can we stay here until the day before school starts?" ...oh how I wish we could have....

Loved the beach. Loved the resort. Can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: The only reason "value" has an average rating is because for the first time ever, we stayed over Fri/Sat night which is always a much higher point value.
6  Thank shoonka
Reviewed June 12, 2012

My husband, children (daughter, age 21 and son, age 18) and I spent 3 nights at Casa Del Mar last week. We spent 5 nights at this location in May of last year and enjoyed it so much that we couldn't wait to come back again this year! This year we had 2 Oceanfront Studio rooms...rooms 103 and 105. Each room had a King-sized bed, a queen sofa sleeper, a kitchen area that had an apartment-sized range, a full-sized frig with ice-maker, a microwave, sink, and dishwasher. We didn't need a fancy kitchen because we only used it for breakfast and to make sandwiches for lunch. The room was very spacious and was plenty of room for 2 adults, and had our children been small, it would have been plenty of room for all four of us. If you're looking for a room with a view these rooms would not be for you because they both overlook the parking lot and sundeck. The rooms we had last year on the 7th floor had an amazing view of the beach. But..since we already knew what Casa Del Mar had to offer, we were happy with the location of our rooms.

I used the laundry facilities twice because we had a lot of laundry on arrival since we had just gotten off a 4 night cruise. The laundry area is on the 1st floor (6 washers and 6 dryers) and is not as convenient as having the washer and dryer in your actual unit, but I didn't have any problem getting a washer or dryer when I wanted it.

The pool and hot tub were both large and roomy. The beach was wonderful! The lifeguard tower is right beside the back side of the property. During our stay the lifeguards had to make several announcements because the rip currents were strong. It was nice to know that the extra protection was there since the lifeguards were so close!

There was food and drinks available in the Parrot Lounge, but I can't comment on the quality because I did not purchase anything from the Lounge. I do know that they advertised $3.00 Margaritas which sounded really good!

There was no internet available in the rooms, but I did see several people in the lounge on laptops and tablets.

Loucy and Angie were very helpful with their information and discounts about local restaurants and entertainment! Also, the Family Dollar is directly across the street if you need to pick up something that you forgot.

I definitely will return to Casa Del Mar!

6  Thank angi1968
Reviewed June 3, 2012

great place but for the time share reps you have to get your parking pass from one of them when you arive then they start by saying they will set a time for you for a time share meeting. they will keep at you every time you walk by them in the hall way .why bluegreen do you have them running the show and they sing on mondays at the bar.

Room Tip: get two bedroom .
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank pauley9
Reviewed May 23, 2012

The rooms were fine, actually, the bed, pillow, and sheets were the best I've been in either a hotel or timeshare...but there were only two computers in the lobby, one was not working. You can bring a laptop to the lobby or the restaurant, but few plugs or real usable, comfortable areas.

Room Tip: Balconies were separate by bedroom rather than a longer balcony shared by the full unit so we were separated...AND, the balconies were not at all private, you could look up and down and see all your neighbors.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family